+ Reply
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Woz Worries That Apple Won't Be Cool Anymore

is a discussion within the

Mac News

forums, a part of the

General Apple/Mac

section;
Apple has something up there sleeves im sure there is still some research that jobs left behind and will get finished i could be wrong thi but im sure something
    iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Apple has something up there sleeves im sure there is still some research that jobs left behind and will get finished i could be wrong thi but im sure something gonna come from them

iPhone? More like MyPhone BhadKarma's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by tridley68 View Post
    Woz is jealous that he sold out and Steve jobs stuck with it and made a lot of cash .
    +1
    Let alone I doubt iPhone will "not be cool" anytime soon lol

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Woz honestly gets on my nerves like crazy! He says these things and tries to hard to act like he knows crap!

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Personally I am an iphone person, I had a galaxys3 and while I loved the size of the screen...other products do not operate as smoothly for me. Yes, Apple does come up with "I" this and that which are rarely used in my experience but turn on most channels and its Apple (especially computers) which says a lot. I am not an amazing "tech" person but I do not see why nit would be so hard to take some of the qualities of screen size like the galaxy and some the features of the better droids to the smoothness of the apple phones.

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

WOZ for APPL Poster man.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Mrteacup View Post
    Woz honestly gets on my nerves like crazy! He says these things and tries to hard to act like he knows crap!
    But the thing is, Woz does know crap...a LOT of crap.

Quote Originally Posted by tridley68 View Post
    Woz is jealous that he sold out and Steve jobs stuck with it and made a lot of cash .
    Not really, Wozniak never really cared about making tons of money off of his products.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    That's what happens when you put the same iOS on everyone of your devices.
    People just kinda get bored with it.
    Its a great OS.
    But it's lack of innovation & extreme repetition.
    Coupled with a horrid lack of customization.
    (until jailbroken).
    Definitely make it boring.
    My 2 cents.

Green Apple
    Thanks

I know something that has not been cool for some time.
    WOZ

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Gamemaster77 View Post

Not really, Wozniak never really cared about making tons of money off of his products.
    He doesn't. Look at all of the articles posted about him, NOT ONCE has he said an actual keen observation. He sees one possible move ahead that probably has a 50% chance success rate states it, and tries to act like he knows enough to see that coming. That's 200% of what he does and analysts do the same. Woz is out of the business but still tries to act like he's in the tech game when in reality he's not.

Yes you know he was never in it for the money. Believe me when it comes down too it NO ONE doesn't want extra money, whether they are greedy and want it for them or want to donate it to charity, no one doesn't want money, especially off their own sweat and blood

Thanks

The coolness factor has to do with its wide spread popularity now. I remember having the 1st iPhone, people would actually stop me and ask what kind of phone was that. I only knew a few people who had one. Kind of like when the iPod first came out, you saw someone with those white headphones on, not everyone had one. A product because less cool, when everyone has it! The iPhone is probably the first Apple product that took the world by storm at the right time. Now you see iPhone's everywhere, people with the same exact phone as you, maybe just a different case. So of course it's coolness looses some of its shine.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Once upon a time, Microsoft was the coolest thing under the sun. The midnight launch for Windows 95 was legendary, with people literally running through store aisles to grab a copy. But then...

There will come a day in the not-so-distant future when a smart phone is no longer considered a "cool" device. It will be a utilitarian, every day device. Something you HAVE to have, but not something to get excited over.

Hard to imagine? It'll happen.

Something new and better will come along that makes what a smart phone can do look quaint. Who makes it will determine who is "cool."

Because, look... If some company starts selling a home robot that can do your dishes and wash your clothes, Siri won't look very "cool" anymore, will it?

Apple has to keep innovating or others will pass it by.
    Last edited by chasev2; 02-21-2013 at 12:51 AM.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I think that the iPhone will never stop being cool
    And jail breaking will help that but one of the things
    I think will help the apple iphone is making the screen
    Bigger like a 5.5 inch screen

My iPhone is a Part of Me vinaygoel2000's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by suchef44 View Post
    That's what happens when you put the same iOS on everyone of your devices.
    People just kinda get bored with it.
    Its a great OS.
    But it's lack of innovation & extreme repetition.
    Coupled with a horrid lack of customization.
    (until jailbroken).
    Definitely make it boring.
    My 2 cents.
    If u think trying to find how to turn ON GPS or how to email a photo u just took with your camera or ho to change your email signature, etc is exciting then Android is for you my friend. And I'm talking about Android users asking me this. All I tell 'em is "if u had an iPhone, u wouldn't need to ask me".

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Christophxr View Post
    I don't know. Macs are still considered to be "cooler" than PCs, and Android is really only more popular than iOS to people who really -want- to be hackers and devs, but aren't... which isn't most of us. The only thing at risk, I think, for not being as "cool" anymore is the iPhone. The iPod touch, the iPad mini, etc. are still pretty "cool." But who knows? This may snowball. First the iPhone, then the rest.
    Only reason android seems popular is cause in the uk you buy a 30 phone sim free with android on it! It is the os that the phone makers are taking to save money!

iPhone? More like MyPhone Tperry's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by vinaygoel2000 View Post
    If u think trying to find how to turn ON GPS or how to email a photo u just took with your camera or ho to change your email signature, etc is exciting then Android is for you my friend. And I'm talking about Android users asking me this. All I tell 'em is "if u had an iPhone, u wouldn't need to ask me".
    Like yeah, it's so hard to send an email from the gallery or to load the email client and send the email with the attachment. If they can't figure something that simple out then maybe they don't need a smart phone, because it does take some intelligence to be able to use one.
    As far GPS, depends. Most can have it turned on when swiping the status bar down or with the new Motorolas swiping the screen to the very left. Now, how exactly do you turn the GPS off on the iPhone (and I'm not talking about location services, I'm talking about completely disabling the GPS).
    Last edited by Tperry; 02-21-2013 at 06:13 AM.
    Not a waterboy for Android OR Apple.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ttthomas View Post
    this guys picture is hideous. please stop showing it. or if there is a way I can filter pedobear out please advise.
    He's a furry bear.

Quote Originally Posted by Gamemaster77 View Post

While both of those are true, it's not like he's got a great track record on his own. Jobs drove Apple to be what it is -- TWICE. Wozniak didn't do that even with his own ventures. Yes, he's interesting, affable, talented and generous man. But, why is anyone listening to this guy's ponderings and musements about anything? He has zero relevancy. As a comparison, when Bill Clinton [not a huge fan] comes out of the woodwork it's because he has impact on what people say and do, otherwise he'd be as influential as GWB.
    Last edited by quidam_brujah; 02-21-2013 at 06:24 AM.

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by chasev2 View Post
    Once upon a time, Microsoft was the coolest thing under the sun. The midnight launch for Windows 95 was legendary, with people literally running through store aisles to grab a copy. But then...

There will come a day in the not-so-distant future when a smart phone is no longer considered a "cool" device. It will be a utilitarian, every day device. Something you HAVE to have, but not something to get excited over.

Hard to imagine? It'll happen.

Something new and better will come along that makes what a smart phone can do look quaint. Who makes it will determine who is "cool."

Because, look... If some company starts selling a home robot that can do your dishes and wash your clothes, Siri won't look very "cool" anymore, will it?

Apple has to keep innovating or others will pass it by.
    Spot on. Universal things don't stay cool. That's why it's extremely annoying when woz points this out because anyone with a brain and 3 years of knowledge know that things can't be cool forever. And woz points that out publicly, like he always does, and will take full credit when it happens. And act like he's still in the tech game.

The only thing that can keep a coolness factor going is revolutionary breakthroughs I'm not talking the crap apple has started crediting with that title lately but the new "touch screen" which is on track too be holograms/laser-sensitive tech. Both of which are real but are expensive and can't fit onto the common device. Once that happens whoever gets the first punch will probably end up taking over the market while apple falls behind, however apple will still have game because people have learned to realize apple does eventually show off its product that is better. The competition will need to kick apple out at least 8 months before apples next product release.

Livin the iPhone Life steve-z17's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by WithinTemptationFan View Post
    A iWatch really doesn't sound that appealing, sorry.
    That's what everyone said about the iPad. No one thought it would be useful...just a giant iPhone. Then it came out and it's been one of Apple's biggest sellers, and it started other companies making tablets to compete. I personally think the "iWatch" is where they need to go. I'm sure a lot of people will say its useless since they have an iPhone and an iPad...but then when it comes out it'll be a huge hit and people will ask themselves how they ever lived without their "iWatch."

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Christophxr View Post
    I don't know. Macs are still considered to be "cooler" than PCs, and Android is really only more popular than iOS to people who really -want- to be hackers and devs, but aren't... which isn't most of us. The only thing at risk, I think, for not being as "cool" anymore is the iPhone. The iPod touch, the iPad mini, etc. are still pretty "cool." But who knows? This may snowball. First the iPhone, then the rest.
    What are you basing these facts on?

My iPhone is a Part of Me vinaygoel2000's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Tperry View Post
    Like yeah, it's so hard to send an email from the gallery or to load the email client and send the email with the attachment. If they can't figure something that simple out then maybe they don't need a smart phone, because it does take some intelligence to be able to use one.
    As far GPS, depends. Most can have it turned on when swiping the status bar down or with the new Motorolas swiping the screen to the very left. Now, how exactly do you turn the GPS off on the iPhone (and I'm not talking about location services, I'm talking about completely disabling the GPS).
    I disagree that a smartphone is only for smart people. My mom (who doesn't know English) uses her iPod touch like a champion. My 3 year old niece has been using her (yes it is here's and her mom's) iPad for a year now.

As far as GPS, when u turn off location, GPS is turned off. Maybe not on android. (Source: wikihow).

Typo: it is her's and not her mom's.