Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Source: Google Opening Retail Stores

MMi Staff Writer Michael Essany's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,481 Times in 567 Posts

Default Source: Google Opening Retail Stores

Google is reportedly going big into the world of retail - a world that didn't initially anticipate the unprecedented success Apple has since achieved.

Citing an "extremely reliable source," a new report suggests that Google is planning to build a series of stand-alone retail stores in the United States. Major metropolitan areas will be targeted for the first wave of Google retail stores, which may be open in time for the holidays.

"The mission of the stores is to get new Google Nexus, Chrome, and especially upcoming products into the hands of prospective customers," 9to5Google reports.

Google feels right now that many potential customers need to get hands-on experience with its products before they are willing to purchase.
    With Android devices growing in prevalence and popularity, it isn't a huge shock that Google may want to compete with Apple and Microsoft in retail. With Apple CEO Tim Cook readily admitting that Apple's 400 thriving retail stores are contributing to strong Apple product sales (mostly in response to consumers being able to sample the goods before they pull the trigger), Google may find similar success following Apple's retail model.

Source: 9to5Google

I could see this happening not soon though because they only have new products like phones and computers. If they do anything now I anticipate kiosks followed by apple like stores in a few years

Google Store "Beta"

I guess the reps will be a sales person from other companies selling their product. By a GE washer and dryer and we'll give you a Chromebook for free. Sign this form so I can pry into your life and sell your info for my gain. Thank you come again.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Bhp41 For This Useful Post:

Silverado1987 (02-16-2013)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Bhp41 View Post
    Google Store "Beta"

I guess the reps will be a sales person from other companies selling their product. By a GE washer and dryer and we'll give you a Chromebook for free. Sign this form so I can pry into your life and sell your info for my gain. Thank you come again.
    Lol