+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Apple Launches Short 0.5-Meter Lightning to USB Cable and Modifies In-ear Headphones

is a discussion within the

Mac News

forums, a part of the

General Apple/Mac

section;
Need a new Lightning to USB cable? MacRumors points out that you now have two choices to pick from in terms of cable length. Apple Thursday released a new short
    MMi Staff Writer Anthony Bouchard's Avatar
    Thanks

Default Apple Launches Short 0.5-Meter Lightning to USB Cable and Modifies In-ear Headphones

Need a new Lightning to USB cable? MacRumors points out that you now have two choices to pick from in terms of cable length.

Apple Thursday released a new short version of the Lightning to USB cable, which measures in at only 0.5 meters long for $19 on Apple's Web site. The regular Lightning to USB cable that comes with Lightning-capable iOS devices is 1 full meter long, and can also be bought from Apple's Web site for $19.

The shorter Lightning to USB cable might be better for on-desk situations so that you have less wire coil going on and taking up valuable desk space. For some, the longer Lightning to USB cable will be preferred because it offers more stretch room from your power outlet to wherever you may want to place your iOS device. It's good to see that Apple is beginning to offer several options.

In addition to the new cable, Apple appears to have also updated the remote and mic on the in-ear headphones so that it matches the design of the remote and mic on the new Earpods. This means rounder corners, a sleeker feel, and a more durable remote and wire, which iFixit pointed out when the Earpods were torn down. The price of the revamped in-ear headphones remains at $79 and can be bought from Apple's Web site.

If you have older versions of these accessories, there is really nothing that exciting about the new releases that you need to upgrade for. They're there if you want them, though.

Sources: MacRumors

Green Apple
    Thanks

So shorter cables will probably be supplied with iOS devices giving apple more profit!

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

there both 19 bucks couldnt of knocked a few bucks off the shorter one i mean its shorter cheaper to make apple always making profit any way they can

Green Apple
    Thanks

who wants shorter cables? I need something long!!

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by vokal_guy View Post
    THAT'S WHAT SHE SAID!!

Sorry. I just had to.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by SteelFlexInc View Post
    THAT'S WHAT SHE SAID!!

Sorry. I just had to.
    😂😂😂😂😂

Thanks

greedy company make it shorter to save more money yet charge the same price typical of Apple

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by vokal_guy View Post
    I had a 10" one for my 4S (generic Ebay) that I liked for my car.. from the usb output of my Alpine to the holder right above it. No dangling cables while I kept the phone charged during nav usage. Sure won't be paying $19 for it though!!

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

god, guys you do realize how cheap they are to manufacture.. if you think apple is saving money by making it shorter they aren't its literally 1-3 cents.

Apple makes a shorter cable for desk situations if its anywhere near where people walk and you have it plugged into something like a keyboard, if you need catches the wire because its longer it will literally hurl your phone straight into the ground.

however apple should make a longer cable I dont know if the short one is necessary but they ARE NOT doing it for the money

Livin the iPhone Life mortopher's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Mrteacup View Post
    god, guys you do realize how cheap they are to manufacture.. if you think apple is saving money by making it shorter they aren't its literally 1-3 cents.

Apple makes a shorter cable for desk situations if its anywhere near where people walk and you have it plugged into something like a keyboard, if you need catches the wire because its longer it will literally hurl your phone straight into the ground.

however apple should make a longer cable I dont know if the short one is necessary but they ARE NOT doing it for the money
    While I don't think their sole motivation on it was money (I too would appreciate a short cable for my car. In fact, I think their current length is useless... it's always too long or too short for any situation I tend to encounter.), seeing as how they sell ~200 million iOS devices each year, even a 1-3 cent decrease in price would still save them literal millions of dollars each year.

iPhone? More like MyPhone Colwood's Avatar
    Thanks

everyone I know asks me for 10-12 ft cords never smaller then retail..
    but atleast apple is offering options it is a start

Thanks

Having options to choose from is something that is really nice. I think I would always go for a shorter one .