+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Apple Refreshes MacBook Pro With Retina Display Specs, Slashes Some Pricing

is a discussion within the

Mac News

forums, a part of the

General Apple/Mac

section;
Apple Wednesday morning announced a hardware refresh of their MacBook Pro with retina display lineup, and at the same time, reduced pricing. The base-model 13-inch MacBook Pro with retina display
    MMi Staff Writer Anthony Bouchard's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,103 Times in 808 Posts

Default Apple Refreshes MacBook Pro With Retina Display Specs, Slashes Some Pricing

Apple Wednesday morning announced a hardware refresh of their MacBook Pro with retina display lineup, and at the same time, reduced pricing.

The base-model 13-inch MacBook Pro with retina display with 128GB of flash storage now starts at $1499, rather than $1699. For the $1699 price, buyers can get the new 2.6Ghz processor configuration with 256GB of flash storage. It doesn't seem like a whole lot, but any slashed prices are welcome.

The refresh doesn't only affect the 13-inch MacBook Pro with retina display, as the 15-inch MacBook Pro with retina display also gets a minor speed boost. The basic 15-inch MacBook Pro with retina display now comes with a 2.4Ghz quad-core processor configuration, while the top-of-the-line configuration now comes with a 2.7Ghz quad-core processor and 16GB of memory.

Apple also announced Wednesday morning that the MacBook Air is included in the price slash. The 13-inch MacBook Air with 256GB of flash storage is now only $1399.

The MacBook Pro with retina display features a high-resolution display, which Apple touts to be the world's best resolution on a notebook computer, while the MacBook Air does not. Both notebook computers are reasonably thin and both come with blazing-fast flash storage. The refreshed machines are available starting today. Will you be taking advantage of the lowered prices and increased speed?

Sources: Apple

Green Apple
    Thanks

apple is losing the hype

Green Apple
    Thanks

Agreed. Apple is becoming ***** day by day. Nothing new, just few simple tweaks which they could have released way before but do it now just to more money.

iPhone? More like MyPhone ThatOneProfile's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Googly2moogly View Post
    Agreed. Apple is becoming ***** day by day. Nothing new, just few simple tweaks which they could have released way before but do it now just to more money.
    Then buy a Samsung and leave this forum?

My iPhone is a Part of Me ProfessorJack's Avatar
    Thanks

I thought there wood be the new CPU"s with longer batt life included on the mac books ?

My iPhone is a Part of Me klouud's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by jzhu625 View Post
    apple is losing the hype
    Really? Really? Does anyone else even come close to Apple's hype? The answer: no.
    I love how people are so quick to snipe Apple for stupid stuff. Absolutely Zero companies can knock our socks off with every product every year.
    To expect to be blown away every year on every refresh is just stupid.
    So either buy, don't buy, or be quiet. Sheesh!

My iPhone is a Part of Me ProfessorJack's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ProfessorJack View Post
    I thought there wood be the new CPU"s with longer batt life included on the mac books ?
    I'll be getting one hook it up to my Cinema Display that"s hooked up to my Big Mac I've had a SSD upgrade on my Big Mac what a difference 512 for 444

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Taking mine I picked up last week back for double the memory and faster processor for the same price!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ProfessorJack View Post
    Well since Intel haven't released a new CPU line yet how would apple be able to use it?

and Intels new CPU line doesn't look as power friendly as the current one, if you want a low power CPU you will need to wait until 2014.
    Also the LCD panel uses most of the battery, it refreshes 60 times a second.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Somebody at Best Buy either messed up or their selling them below the Apple Store. I just walked out with a MBP 13.3 256 SSD Retina display for 1,499.00
    I was waiting to see if BB lowered their prices because I didn't feel like traveling 2 hours to the apple store to pick one up at 1,699 (and get my reward zone credit) so I've been checking their website yesterday and today. Low and behold, 1,499 for the 256 13" Retina this morning. By the time I got to the bank to get cash it changed online to 1,519 so I was buying it anyway. I got to the store and sign said 1,499 but rang up 1,519 so they took off the extra 20.00 to match and out the door I went.
    The 128 flash was 1,414 so the 256 was a no brainer.
    Anyone interested, i suggest you get to your local BB if it's a mistake.

EDIT: Figured it out...It was the last of the 2.5ghz the refresh is 2.6.
    Oh well, Ill save 200.00 more for .1GHZ any day.

Smitty
    Last edited by smittyjf; 02-14-2013 at 06:52 PM.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Will you be taking advantage of the lowered prices and increased speed? CERTAINLY NOT.

My MB Pro Retina 2,6, i7, 16GB Ram, Flash storage 500GB does not perform that well already. Purchased Oct. 17th 2012 and have had it for repair 3 times since.
    From day 1: From sleep, when opened, it takes about 15 seconds to respond (before I can type in password or do anything).

The Premium Reseller say they cannot see any faults with it - they took it in, they changed logic board due to "sensor error" and since that I could not charge the computer. They also fixed that but have not managed to fix the loooong wait from sleep.
    Apple service will not help either.

YES it may be a minor issue - but this computer costs DKK 24000 (USD 4300, GBP 2770) so ANY issue is an issue!

Also my MP Pro 2011 with Crucial M4 SSD and 8GB Ram was WAAAAY faster at jobs than this Retina. I sooooo regret switching to Retina.
    A very disappointed Apple customer that won't be buying more Macs going forward.
    Last edited by MSFLFC; 02-16-2013 at 02:42 PM.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by MSFLFC View Post
    Will you be taking advantage of the lowered prices and increased speed? CERTAINLY NOT.

My MB Pro Retina 2,6, i7, 16GB Ram, Flash storage 500GB does not perform that well already. Purchased Oct. 17th 2012 and have had it for repair 3 times since.
    From day 1: From sleep, when opened, it takes about 15 seconds to respond (before I can type in password or do anything).

The Premium Reseller say they cannot see any faults with it - they took it in, they changed logic board due to "sensor error" and since that I could not charge the computer. They also fixed that but have not managed to fix the loooong wait from sleep.
    Apple service will not help either.

YES it may be a minor issue - but this computer costs DKK 24000 (USD 4300, GBP 2770) so ANY issue is an issue!

Also my MP Pro 2011 with Crucial M4 SSD and 8GB Ram was WAAAAY faster at jobs than this Retina. I sooooo regret switching to Retina.
    A very disappointed Apple customer that won't be buying more Macs going forward.
    If you didn't buy it from apple then you were running a risk.
    Apple are pretty good with replacements, try formatting the ssd and reinstall the OS.