Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Microsoft Exchange Server Issue Workaround is to Block iOS 6.1, Fix on the Way

Thanks

Default Microsoft Exchange Server Issue Workaround is to Block iOS 6.1, Fix on the Way

In a recent post on its support webpage, Microsoft addressed a mailbox syncing issue that some users are seeing with Exchange Server 2010, suggesting that administrators block or throttle devices running iOS 6.1 until the problem is fixed. According to the online document, the issue arises when Exchange clients attempt to sync a device running Apple’s latest iOS 6.1 mobile operating system with Microsoft Exchange Server 2010, causing excessive log growth that affects the server’s performance.

Office 365 Online Exchange users are also said to be affected. Users began receiving error messages reading “Cannot Get Mail” and “The connection to the server failed” when attempting to access the service from an iOS 6.1-based device. As a temporary workaround to the issue, Microsoft suggests admins configure Exchange Server to refuse Calendar item updates, remove and recreate the device partnership, and throttle or block iOS 6.1 device users completely.

Bugs such as this one could prove to be troublesome for Apple as the company makes a push into enterprise, a market where Exchange is a major player. There seems to be strong growth for Apple’s iOS devices in corporate and government initiatives, a sector which was previously dominated by BlackBerry, so having kinks like these worked out is a must. It should be noted that Microsoft is currently working with Apple to fix the issue, so hopefully it gets resolved sooner rather than later.

Source: Microsoft (Support)

Twitter: @AkshayMasand

microsoft got hot on apple, they purposely did that because their currently losing in the tablet game with businesses, way to low blow the competition.

Default Better later than never
    Quote Originally Posted by n0id View Post
    microsoft got hot on apple, they purposely did that because their currently losing in the tablet game with businesses, way to low blow the competition.
    What's interesting about this issue is that it is fairly uncommon. The folks that started reporting it, Vodaphone, said the issue was fixed with 6.1.1, so your story maye be late in getting posted.

What's interesting about this issue is that it is fairly uncommon. The folks that started reporting it, Vodaphone, said the issue was fixed with 6.1.1, so your story may be late in getting posted.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by turdsmoka View Post
    What's interesting about this issue is that it is fairly uncommon. .
    I just checked my personal exchange and the few I manage for clients. No issues. And we are running mostly 6.1 CPU hovers around %26 like normal, Disk activity is minimal and logs are in check

The whole time I thought this was just my phone being stupid.... Haha

I heard this was only affecting those who restored from a backup after upgrading to 6.1. I believe those who did a “clean” install are unaffected.

Quote Originally Posted by n0id View Post
    Could a response be any more ludicrous?

Considering that iOS device users have been able to 'hijack' Exchange meetings since v4.something (I know, I've done it a couple of times), Exchange has holes big enough to drive a semi through already without this. If the Exchange server isn't authenticating and authorizing access for something fundamental like meetings, and now can't control it's own event logging... wow... pretty lame...

Funny that it's only reporting Exchange 2010 and Apple. My office is running Exchange 2003 (I know, it's old) and we are running into the same issue and not just with iOS 6.1....it's also with Droid devices as well.