Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.
02-08-2013, 03:09 PM #1
Apple Poaching OLED Talent from LG
Although Apple has lost its fair share of top talent in recent years through resignation and dismissal, the Mac-maker hasn't lost its touch when it comes to recruiting top talent either.
One such example, much to LG's chagrin, emerged today. Apple, it seems, has successfully courted the talents of Dr. Lee Jeung-jil. An OLED expert and a veteran of LG, Dr. Jeung-jil has apparently joined the team at Apple following a lengthy career at LG Display, where he was closely involved with printing technology research.
Dr. Lee's previous employee (before LGD) was Cambridge Display Technology, the P-OLED pioneer (now owned by Sumitomo).
According to OLED-info.com, which first reported the story, it certainly seems like an OLED iOS product "will come eventually... the real question is when..."
02-08-2013, 07:36 PM #2
Super retina will be born!!
02-09-2013, 10:29 AM #3
iAMOLED? I wonder if that's taken yet?
Or better yet, how many Samsung owners actually know what AMOLED stands for?
02-11-2013, 01:55 AM #4
02-11-2013, 01:36 PM #5
02-11-2013, 06:39 PM #6
- some apps not sized correctly, black bar across the top and bottom
- static lines on keyboard
- iOS data bug
- scrolling glitch: hardware flaw NOT software problem.
- screen flicker: hardware flaw NOT software problem
- data leak
- maps not working
- wifi not working
- purple lens flare on camera
- yellowish tint on display: hardware flaw NOT software problem
- light bleed: hardware flaw NOT software problem
- incompatibility with O2s or Vodafone's 4G network
- still cannot do simultaneous voice and data on Verizon and Sprint
- incompatible with Sprints' HD voice
- incompatible with ALL of your accessories