+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iTunes: 25 Billion Songs Now Sold

is a discussion within the

Mac News

forums, a part of the

General Apple/Mac

section;
    MMi Staff Writer Michael Essany's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,475 Times in 562 Posts

Default iTunes: 25 Billion Songs Now Sold

Apple's iTunes store has now sold more than 25 billion songs.

So noteworthy was the milestone that Apple issued a formal press release to tout the accomplishment.

“We are grateful to our users whose passion for music over the past 10 years has made iTunes the number one music retailer in the world,” Eddy Cue, Apple’s senior vice president of Internet Software and Services, said in the release.

The 25 billionth song was “Monkey Drums” (Goksel Vancin Remix) by Chase Buch. The song was purchased by Phillip Lüpke from Germany. As the downloader of the 25 billionth song, Phillip will receive a €10,000 iTunes Gift Card, Apple promises.

On Wednesday, Apple confirmed that the iTunes store now averages over 15,000 songs downloaded per minute. Apple, however, maintains that the biggest accomplishment of the iTunes store isn't related to revenue. Instead, the best thing to come of iTunes is the opportunity for new artists to reach the masses.

“In a lot of ways, iTunes has leveled the playing field for musicians," says Wesley Schultz, guitarist and lead vocalist of The Lumineers. "Whether you’re unsigned, indie, major, whatever—it’s the place most people go to buy digital music... iTunes doesn’t exclude any musicians simply because they’re not yet established or popular.”

Source: Apple

My iPhone is a Part of Me iLoveWindows&iPhone's Avatar
    Thanks

Lol Apple....yes I am absolutely positive "the opportunity for new artists to reach the the masses" is by far Apples biggest motivation behind iTunes....definitely not money and/or profit....definitely!
    El Zurdo

iPhone? More like MyPhone Italia411's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by iLoveWindows&iPhone View Post
    Lol Apple....yes I am absolutely positive "the opportunity for new artists to reach the the masses" is by far Apples biggest motivation behind iTunes....definitely not money and/or profit....definitely!
    Lol