+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Source: HBO Coming Soon to Apple TV

is a discussion within the

Mac News

forums, a part of the

General Apple/Mac

section;
    MMi Staff Writer Michael Essany's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,475 Times in 562 Posts

Default Source: HBO Coming Soon to Apple TV

With all the talk we've heard of late about an Apple TV refresh, it's nice to hear some corresponding chatter about new content offerings that may also be inbound for the set-top box.

According to well-connected sources speaking with Bloomberg, Apple is presently engaged in talks with HBO to deliver the HBO Go App to Apple TV, possibly as soon as this summer. According to the same sources, cable and satellite subscribers who pay for HBO would gain access to roughly 600 hours worth of HBO films and television shows on Apple TV.

For Apple, the move makes logical business sense, particularly since Apple TV continues to face stiff competition from other streaming services, set-top platforms, and even video game consoles like Microsoft’s Xbox. It's also important to remember that Apple has millions of Apple-TV owning customers to keep happy. In the last two years, Apple has sold nearly 10 million units.

Sources independent of the Bloomberg report have hinted at the next Apple TV refresh taking place in summer, mostly likely around WWDC. If a deal with HBO is reached, it would most likely become public knowledge around the time of the next-gen Apple TV launch.

Source: Bloomberg

Banned
    Thanks

So the ATV 1 and 2 can be jailbroken so they are useful.
    The ATV4 is coming soon.
    So whats the use of the ATV3? it cant be jailbroken and probably going to miss out on features the ATV4 will have.
    I knew I should've returned it when I had the chance.
    Stupid little black useless box.

For me its stupid as I'm not in America so all those american channels are useless to me and there are no channels for my country.

Green Apple
    Thanks

I got 2, apv2 (jailbroken) and atv3 to which i airplay my jailbroken ipad 3 to and use xbmc that way. So dont throw it away, work around it

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by b1997469 View Post
    For me its stupid as I'm not in America so all those american channels are useless to me and there are no channels for my country.
    Same here. I wish Apple would work to bring more UK content and then I may consider buying one...

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by b1997469 View Post
    So the ATV 1 and 2 can be jailbroken so they are useful.
    The ATV4 is coming soon.
    So whats the use of the ATV3? it cant be jailbroken and probably going to miss out on features the ATV4 will have.
    I knew I should've returned it when I had the chance.
    Stupid little black useless box.

UnoDNS™ - Watch Netflix USA, Hulu, Pandora, BBC iPlayer, and more in anywhere you live!

You're welcome.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Ah crud, where is BBC iPlayer or ITV, 4OD & Channel 5 :-@ stop giving us US stuff its useless to the rest of the world :-(

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by rocky5 View Post
    Ah crud, where is BBC iPlayer or ITV, 4OD & Channel 5 :-@ stop giving us US stuff its useless to the rest of the world :-(
    +1

My iPhone is a Part of Me PoEtikly's Avatar
    Thanks

First HBO GO & MAX GO need have the apps compatible with the AV HDMI and or RCA converters. If you plug it into your tv and try to watch the shows on your tv it says that the apps are not yet HDMI compatible even when you use just the regular RCA cables. I hate it!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by aidanharris View Post
    Same here. I wish Apple would work to bring more UK content and then I may consider buying one...
    Guys guys guys... don't you know? You can gain access to ANY and ALL content in the US by subscribing to "StrongVPN". It's a proxy service that grands you a USA based IP address. You pay a yearly fee and that's it!!! Everyone I know is using this. Our internet connection gets even faster when we're connected through StrongVPN!

You get a list of the supported Wireless Routers. You flash it with StrongVPN's firmware. You enter your username and password which you obtain ones you sign up, and VUALAAAA... ALL the content on your AppleTV is available regardless of which country you're in

URL: StrongVPN.com - Providing high speed, unlimited bandwidth, multiple countr VPN accounts for over 100,000 users. Since 1995
    Don't live by other people's rules... Live by your OWN!!!
    Why settle for less if you can have sooo much more!!!

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

I'll be much more interested when I can just pay for the app and don't have to have cable service. When Apple does that it will be a game changer.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Devilish4eveR View Post
    Guys guys guys... don't you know? You can gain access to ANY and ALL content in the US by subscribing to "StrongVPN". It's a proxy service that grands you a USA based IP address. You pay a yearly fee and that's it!!! Everyone I know is using this. Our internet connection gets even faster when we're connected through StrongVPN!

You get a list of the supported Wireless Routers. You flash it with StrongVPN's firmware. You enter your username and password which you obtain ones you sign up, and VUALAAAA... ALL the content on your AppleTV is available regardless of which country you're in

URL: StrongVPN.com - Providing high speed, unlimited bandwidth, multiple countr VPN accounts for over 100,000 users. Since 1995
    I know that there are free VPN's that I use for that (although they do have their limitations) its the other way around for me though I want more content from other countries (including my own) which isn't going to happen unless Apple can strike a deal with a lot of TV Networks...