+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: RIM Debuts New BlackBerry 10 Line and New Company Name

is a discussion within the

Mac News

forums, a part of the

General Apple/Mac

section;
On Wednesday, assurances were given that RIM will never again see another negative headline. And that's mostly because RIM is changing its name. At an eagerly anticipated global press event
    MMi Staff Writer Michael Essany's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,479 Times in 565 Posts

Default RIM Debuts New BlackBerry 10 Line and New Company Name

On Wednesday, assurances were given that RIM will never again see another negative headline. And that's mostly because RIM is changing its name.

At an eagerly anticipated global press event this morning, RIM launched the new BlackBerry 10 - a "re-designed, re-engineered, and re-invented" BlackBerry platform. For now, the new BlackBerry line includes the BlackBerry Z10 and BlackBerry Q10 smartphones. Pictured above is the BlackBerry Z10, a touchscreen-only smartphone running the new BlackBerry 10 operating system.

"Today sees a re-invented BlackBerry launching an entirely new mobile experience," said Thorsten Heins, President and CEO of BlackBerry - yes, BlackBerry. As it turns out, RIM is changing its name to that of its smartphone. The company will now be simply known as BlackBerry.

"We have definitely been on a journey of transformation, a journey to not only transform our business and our brand, but one which I truly believe will transform mobile communications into true mobile computing," Heins said today. "It's been almost one year exactly since I was handed the reins at Research In Motion, and it has been easily the most challenging year of my career to date. It has also been by far the most exhilarating and the most rewarding one."

Clearly, the company is excited about these new smartphones, which feature 1.5 Ghz dual core processors with 2GB of RAM, 16GB of internal storage, and an expandable memory card slot.

"In the U.S. market," BlackBerry said this morning, "we expect availability with most carriers for the BlackBerry Z10 to be in March. Today, U.S. carriers will start announcing pre-registration and price plans."

Source: BlackBerry

My iPhone is a Part of Me Cmds187's Avatar
    Thanks

Time for a change for them , I guess? OS

Thanks

I would like to see them turn it around and be a solid competitor, but they're just a tad too late to the party. It'll be nearly impossible for them to make a dent in the market share considering Apple and Android have such a strangle hold on it.

dsg
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,062 Times in 795 Posts

Blackberry crumble anyone
    privacy isn't about having something to hide

look here all grammar police, indulge me.

Livin the iPhone Life Carvensno's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,644 Times in 689 Posts

I say a little to late in the game for them! And then there will be the lawsuits that will comes long from the other 3 companies probably! Lmao

Thanks

Not sure if I'm visiting ModMyi.com......or ModMyBerry.com

*with my Fry meme face*

iPhone? More like MyPhone NOYB111's Avatar
    Thanks

Cool iPhone.. oh wait... I realize its hard to make something sleek that doesnt look like an iPhone, but I dont see that bringing anything exciting to the game...

*T*
    Thanks

Blackberry CEO: "Sales are down, investors fleeing... What can we do?"

Smartphone designer's phone rings: "Hello? Yes? You're going to let us copy the iPhone now? Coming right up!"

rcm
    iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Ok in the picture alone i can see 2 lawsuits, one from Apple for the design of the Contacts and Calendar icon, and one from Google for the bottom Phone, Search and Camera icons.

OH I forgot the page dots, hey Apple since I pointed out the patent infringements maybe I can get a cut from the lawsuit?

Thanks

Competition is GOOD! We all know what can happen with a monopoly. With that being said im going to buy one just so i can use the 10-12 applications that the BB Store will have from day one till it dies again hahahahahaha! On a serious note, it looks like one of the iPhone 5 mock ups. Nothing like being original huh?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by AUZambo View Post
    I would like to see them turn it around and be a solid competitor, but they're just a tad too late to the party. It'll be nearly impossible for them to make a dent in the market share considering Apple and Android have such a strangle hold on it.
    They can still compete with Windows Phone I suppose.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

It's basically an iPhone, but at least it's different then they're other phones, unlike apple, I mean really, they look IDENTICAL

Thanks

Honestly I'm not feeling the UI.
    "You may say I'm a dreamer, but I'm not"

My iPhone is a Part of Me Feanor64's Avatar
    Thanks

i think its gonna be a great phone rumour is they are gonna have about 70,000 apps for launch...

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by NegativeBeef View Post
    They can still compete with Windows Phone I suppose.
    I was gonna say this. Actually, I think they'll eclipse Windows Phone pretty quickly.

Quote Originally Posted by JailBreaker101202303 View Post
    It's basically an iPhone, but at least it's different then they're other phones, unlike apple, I mean really, they look IDENTICAL
    This is Apple's strategy. New look every 2 or 3 years. Small tweaks. No need to reinvent the wheel.

Thanks

It is too bad, but for me it's too little too late. What's the draw, they have 29 apps available? It is sad though....such an dominant player for so long and they just got too complacent. You think they would have learned from Palm-Pilot....Handspring....

dsg
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,062 Times in 795 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by MXCO View Post
    Honestly I'm not feeling the UI.
    Have you tried it?
    privacy isn't about having something to hide

look here all grammar police, indulge me.

Thanks

So what did they change their name to? If they changed it to Blackberry that's quite frankly stupid since that means their new phone is the Blackbery Blackberry 10?

Thanks

"Return of the Boom Bap" BerryBlack Crack, get that stink back, on the hang low Jack, as the fruit stock tumbles back, nick nack paddy whack... Go RIM GO! Oh, and Alicia Keys? Come on now, "super woman" is to human a description for her. Sayin...