Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Microsoft Office 365 Home Premium Made Available for Both PC and Mac

Thanks

Default Microsoft Office 365 Home Premium Made Available for Both PC and Mac

Microsoft recently announced worldwide availability of Office 365 Home Premium, showcasing what the company calls a “reinvention” of its flagship productivity suite with a new subscription-based plan offering access on up to five devices. Office 365 Home Premium includes the latest and most complete set of Office applications with the option to be installed on up to five devices including Macs, PCs, and Windows tablets.

Users will be able to access Office 365 for $99.99 per year, which ends up being $8.34 per month. Microsoft plans to deliver new feature and services to the cloud first, making them available to subscribers as soon as they are ready, rather than employing the company’s previous three-year wait period for major new software releases - a move that is seemingly a big step forward in providing features and updates. Microsoft CEO Steve Ballmer had the following to say regarding the matter:

Today's launch of Office 365 Home Premium marks the next big step in Microsoft's transformation to a devices and services business. This is so much more than just another release of Office. This is Office reinvented as a consumer cloud service with all the full-featured Office applications people know and love, together with impressive new cloud and social benefits.
    Office 365 Home Premium is available in 162 markets and in 21 languages. It is said to include the following:

• The latest and most complete set of Office applications: Word, Excel, PowerPoint, OneNote, Outlook, Publisher and Access
    • One license for the entire household to use Office on up to five devices, including Windows tablets, PCs or Macs, and Office on Demand available from any Internet-connected PC
    • An additional 20 GB of SkyDrive cloud storage, nearly three times the amount available with a free SkyDrive account
    • 60 free Skype world calling minutes per month to call mobile phones, landlines or PCs around the world
    • Future upgrades, so you always use the latest time-saving technology

Those of you who are looking for more information about the service and/or want to try a free 30-day trial, can do so from Microsoft at Office.com.

In addition to Office 365 Home Premium, Microsoft has also made Office 365 University available for college or university students, faculty and staff. Office 365 University will be available for $79.99 for a four-year subscription, which works out to $1.67 per month.

Last but not least, the company has also launched updates versions of its traditional Office suite which includes: Office Home and Student, Office Home and Business 2013, and Office Professional 2013. Microsoft also plans to launch Office 365 for businesses on February 27. As of right now, Microsoft is still rumored to be working on a version of Microsoft’s Office suite for iOS devices. The company’s own website even references mobile versions of Office for iPad and iPhone but the software isn’t available yet. We’ll have to continue to be patient for an iOS version.

Source: Microsoft

Twitter: @AkshayMasand

It works out as $6.67 but you get a discount for a year licence so I think its $9.99 a month.

Quote Originally Posted by spazturtle View Post
    It works out as $6.67 but you get a discount for a year licence so I think its $9.99 a month.
    $79.99/48 months is $1.67/month before tax, where did $6.67 come from

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

He is confused in thinking it is $79.99 per year, as where it is the $99.99 for a single year for non university staff or student and $79.99 for a 4 year term under the university program

Ok.
    Its $99.99 for a 365 day subscription,
    but what about leap years???

On February 29, what am I supposed to do?

My iPhone is a Part of Me vinaygoel2000's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by raduga View Post
    Ok.
    Its $99.99 for a 365 day subscription,
    but what about leap years???

On February 29, what am I supposed to do?
    Take a day off.

Quote Originally Posted by jn1rz1 View Post
    He is confused in thinking it is $79.99 per year, as where it is the $99.99 for a single year for non university staff or student and $79.99 for a 4 year term under the university program
    Ah yes, sorry was dealing with 5 different currency's at the time and got mixed up with the UK price.

Kind of a bad deal for college students since most of them used to get Office for free and could continue using it well beyond college.

Overall the subscription service kind of stinks. I could buy basic Office Home and Student for $139 right now and use it for several years. Sure I don't get the updates, but a basic user doesn't need them anyway. Much older versions of Office are still totally usable.

People should not be confused by the subscription service and just buy the basic package as usual, or stick with the older version they already have if they have it.