Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Apple TV Updated to 5.2

MMi Staff Writer Michael Essany's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,480 Times in 566 Posts

Default Apple TV Updated to 5.2

Although news regarding Apple TV is poised to take a distant backseat to the release of iOS 6.1 for end-users today, Apple also updated the Apple TV to 5.2, and in the process, delivered a pretty snazzy set of improvements to the set-top box user experience.

Apple said today's update brings with it some long-awaited features, including Bluetooth keyboard support. This development is poised to satisfy no shortage of digital media junkies who can now more easily search for and access content through various streaming services available on Apple TV.

Apple is also delivering enhanced iTunes in the Cloud service, simplifying how users can access, sift through and play music purchased on iTunes. Lastly, there's the aptly-titled feature called "Up Next," introduced in iTunes 11, which lets users establish a queue of music to play as well as monitor which tune is coming up next.

The Apple TV update (5.2) is available now.

Source: Apple

How about a new layout for movies from my library?

Does this have the same venerability that was found in iOS 6.1 and can therefore be jailbroken? Xbmc on the Apple TV is one of the most compelling reasons to jailbreak any device IMO. If you look up 1st and 2nd gen ATVs on eBay that are jailbroken they're going for almost $200 when the stock Apple TV 3rd gen is only $99 so I'm not alone in thinking it adds tremendous value to the Apple TV
    Last edited by kraziebone; 01-28-2013 at 04:18 PM.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

maybe this will fix the issue between the remote app and my apple tv!

I'm to thinking is it safe to update? But seeing as I have my Atv 2 on eBay I would like to let the winner know.

MuscleNerd said appletv 2 will work with upcoming jailbreak but not appletv 3.

Quote Originally Posted by pegitt View Post
    I'm to thinking is it safe to update? But seeing as I have my Atv 2 on eBay I would like to let the winner know.
    If you already posted it I wouldn't touch it. There is no date for the jailbreak yet so if it doesn't come before you sell and ship then they may say you didn't give them listed device.

Hopefully I'll be able to AirPlay YouTube videos from my phone instead of having to use the app on the atv itself. Anyone else not able to AirPlay YouTube videos to Apple TV?

Quote Originally Posted by Scotty Manley Silberhorn View Post
    Hopefully I'll be able to AirPlay YouTube videos from my phone instead of having to use the app on the atv itself. Anyone else not able to AirPlay YouTube videos to Apple TV?
    Are you on the same wifi network? Also I've only done it through Safari. Never tried the YouTube app. Ever since Google took it over it has sucked.

Quote Originally Posted by LastSonOfKrypton View Post
    Are you on the same wifi network? Also I've only done it through Safari. Never tried the YouTube app. Ever since Google took it over it has sucked.
    There are things I like and don't like. Like the links in description are clickable. Don't like the tons of ads and no on screen volume anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by LastSonOfKrypton View Post
    Yeah, I actually work in a school and I can AirPlay any videos except YouTube. Ever since iOS 5 came out for atv. I've tried from multiple iPads to multiple atv's. I just get an error.

I airplay youtube videos fine on atv3

I'm having a huge problem. I cant update ANY iDevice.
    I click RESTORE then it downloads the update file. Then it stop with Error 11.
    I've checked Google and it says to edit the HOSTS file which I did. I now has no apple references.
    Still nothing updates. I keep getting error 11 when I try to update any iDevice.
    Any help?

Quote Originally Posted by b1997469 View Post
    I'm having a huge problem. I cant update ANY iDevice.
    I click RESTORE then it downloads the update file. Then it stop with Error 11.
    I've checked Google and it says to edit the HOSTS file which I did. I now has no apple references.
    Still nothing updates. I keep getting error 11 when I try to update any iDevice.
    Any help?
    If you have TinyUmbrella you might want to take a look at some of the options you have selected.

Quote Originally Posted by kraziebone View Post
    If you have TinyUmbrella you might want to take a look at some of the options you have selected.
    Tiny Umbrella isn't on so that shouldn't interfere should it?

its also NOT a customized firmware its the official firmwares that were released today.

I'm trying to update my AppleTV3 and my iPad3 3G and iPhone 4.
    Only the iPhone 4 is on 5.1.1 and jailbroken but I want it all ready to update when the jailbreak gets released.

I checked out Tiny Umbrella and the option to have hosts changed to cydia when exit is greyed out so I cant change it.

Nothing is working for me. If I turn TineUmbrella on or off it still gives me error 11 when I try to restore any idevice.
    The HOSTS file has this
    #74.208.10.249 gs.apple.com
    #127.0.0.1 gs.apple.com
    I remove those 2 lines and still error 11.

Is there something in the registry that Tiny Umbrella changes or I need to change? I cant find anything to fix this error and google tells me to remove those lines in HOSTS and I do and still error 11.
    Last edited by b1997469; 01-28-2013 at 11:48 PM.