+ Reply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Gridlee App in App Store Actually a MAME Emulator

is a discussion within the

Mac News

forums, a part of the

General Apple/Mac

section;
Originally Posted by b1997469 Yep, thats the thing to do, make it front page news. Now its going to get pulled. So you would rather that only a few people
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by b1997469 View Post
    Yep, thats the thing to do, make it front page news. Now its going to get pulled.
    So you would rather that only a few people get it than thousands, just because it'd be available longer?
    Last edited by Zokunei; 01-28-2013 at 03:08 PM.

My iPhone is a Part of Me PokemonDesigner's Avatar
    Thanks

I downloaded it last night as to make sure I have it for the future.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by thazsar View Post
    As of right now (9:15a Central Time), Gridlee is still LIVE in the App Store
    Hmm.. not showing up for some friends of mine who don't check their messages at midnight. 11:33am EST and I see it, but I assumed that is because the app page on my iPhone's appstore app is cached or something. I'll have my friend check again

Thanks
    Thanked 2,070 Times in 933 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by bencjedi View Post
    You have to actually play the Gridlee game program once for the roms folder to appear under \Documents

I notice playing the game makes the folder appear and also it writes a gridlee.zip file into that folder. Smart of the developer to hide this and make the program create the structure after it is played. I bet Apple's appstore review board just played it and waved it on without looking at the folders in the sandbox that it created.
    Correct! When I installed it on another device and immediately tried adding my games, the folder didnt exist until I played the Gridlee game. Then it'll create/unlock the Documents folders

Thanks

Installed since the other day..im trying to find all of my roms at this point. I have over 1,000 on my Mac. Im going to search and install them. I like having a phone with JB like capabilities...hopefully the official JB is right around the corner :]

Green Apple
    Thanks

Correct! When I installed it on another device and immediately tried adding my games, the folder didnt exist until I played the Gridlee game. Then it'll create/unlock the Documents folders
    Oh, hmm, I suppose I might have forgotten to launch the app first. When I went into iExplorer to the app folder, it had all the folders there. Most were empty though. I didn't bother trying to launch it first I guess to see if that truly did unlock the folders and have them show the content. Oh well, I got it now. Not sure what I'll do with it as most roms really suck pretty hard. LOL They are just too difficult to play without a real joystick and buttons. That's just me though.

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by steveken View Post
    Oh, hmm, I suppose I might have forgotten to launch the app first. When I went into iExplorer to the app folder, it had all the folders there. Most were empty though. I didn't bother trying to launch it first I guess to see if that truly did unlock the folders and have them show the content. Oh well, I got it now. Not sure what I'll do with it as most roms really suck pretty hard. LOL They are just too difficult to play without a real joystick and buttons. That's just me though.
    If they didn't change much from the actual Mame4iOS release, it should still have iCade, iControlpad and at least one other BT controller support. You could always try those setups.
    Member of the hackint0sh forums.
    HowardForums Member: Haas_Dave

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by bigboyz View Post
    Installed since the other day..im trying to find all of my roms at this point. I have over 1,000 on my Mac. Im going to search and install them. I like having a phone with JB like capabilities...hopefully the official JB is right around the corner :]
    I'm trying to find some roms to install. Where can I get them? They're not as easy to find as I thought. I keep finding links that look like I can download them, but they either don't work, or take me to a page in another language and I have no idea how to navigate it.

Thanks
    Thanked 15,194 Times in 6,975 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by AUZambo View Post
    I'm trying to find some roms to install. Where can I get them? They're not as easy to find as I thought. I keep finding links that look like I can download them, but they either don't work, or take me to a page in another language and I have no idea how to navigate it.
    We can't provide links to roms sorry, against forum rules.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by AUZambo View Post
    Send me your email address...I'll hook u up w/ a few games I have!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Simon View Post
    We can't provide links to roms sorry, against forum rules.
    Okay...thanks.
    Send me your email address...I'll hook u up w/ a few games I have!
    Sent you a PM.

Thanks

Just got Blutrol working w/ Gridlee using a PS3 Controller!!! This is AWESOME!

Can't wait to use this setup w/ AirPlay!

+ Reply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12