Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 21 to 32 of 32

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.


Thread: Gridlee App in App Store Actually a MAME Emulator

  1. #21
    Quote Originally Posted by b1997469 View Post
    Yep, thats the thing to do, make it front page news. Now its going to get pulled.
    So you would rather that only a few people get it than thousands, just because it'd be available longer?
    Last edited by Zokunei; 01-28-2013 at 04:08 PM.

  2. #22
    I downloaded it last night as to make sure I have it for the future.

  3. #23
    Quote Originally Posted by thazsar View Post
    As of right now (9:15a Central Time), Gridlee is still LIVE in the App Store
    Hmm.. not showing up for some friends of mine who don't check their messages at midnight. 11:33am EST and I see it, but I assumed that is because the app page on my iPhone's appstore app is cached or something. I'll have my friend check again

  4. #24
    If I had a nickel... thazsar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Dallas, TX
    Posts
    4,909
    Thanks
    974
    Thanked 3,255 Times in 1,384 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by bencjedi View Post
    You have to actually play the Gridlee game program once for the roms folder to appear under \Documents

    I notice playing the game makes the folder appear and also it writes a gridlee.zip file into that folder. Smart of the developer to hide this and make the program create the structure after it is played. I bet Apple's appstore review board just played it and waved it on without looking at the folders in the sandbox that it created.
    Correct! When I installed it on another device and immediately tried adding my games, the folder didnt exist until I played the Gridlee game. Then it'll create/unlock the Documents folders

  5. #25
    Livin the iPhone Life bigboyz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    North East Coast
    Posts
    1,748
    Thanks
    2
    Thanked 270 Times in 175 Posts

    Installed since the other day..im trying to find all of my roms at this point. I have over 1,000 on my Mac. Im going to search and install them. I like having a phone with JB like capabilities...hopefully the official JB is right around the corner :]

  6. #26
    Quote Originally Posted by thazsar View Post
    Correct! When I installed it on another device and immediately tried adding my games, the folder didnt exist until I played the Gridlee game. Then it'll create/unlock the Documents folders
    Oh, hmm, I suppose I might have forgotten to launch the app first. When I went into iExplorer to the app folder, it had all the folders there. Most were empty though. I didn't bother trying to launch it first I guess to see if that truly did unlock the folders and have them show the content. Oh well, I got it now. Not sure what I'll do with it as most roms really suck pretty hard. LOL They are just too difficult to play without a real joystick and buttons. That's just me though.

  7. #27
    My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Oklahoma
    Posts
    626
    Thanks
    31
    Thanked 76 Times in 73 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by steveken View Post
    Oh, hmm, I suppose I might have forgotten to launch the app first. When I went into iExplorer to the app folder, it had all the folders there. Most were empty though. I didn't bother trying to launch it first I guess to see if that truly did unlock the folders and have them show the content. Oh well, I got it now. Not sure what I'll do with it as most roms really suck pretty hard. LOL They are just too difficult to play without a real joystick and buttons. That's just me though.
    If they didn't change much from the actual Mame4iOS release, it should still have iCade, iControlpad and at least one other BT controller support. You could always try those setups.
    Member of the hackint0sh forums.
    HowardForums Member: Haas_Dave

  8. #28
    Quote Originally Posted by bigboyz View Post
    Installed since the other day..im trying to find all of my roms at this point. I have over 1,000 on my Mac. Im going to search and install them. I like having a phone with JB like capabilities...hopefully the official JB is right around the corner :]
    I'm trying to find some roms to install. Where can I get them? They're not as easy to find as I thought. I keep finding links that look like I can download them, but they either don't work, or take me to a page in another language and I have no idea how to navigate it.

  9. #29
    Superbad Modder-ator Simon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Bermuda
    Posts
    46,789
    Thanks
    7,002
    Thanked 15,562 Times in 7,112 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by AUZambo View Post
    I'm trying to find some roms to install. Where can I get them? They're not as easy to find as I thought. I keep finding links that look like I can download them, but they either don't work, or take me to a page in another language and I have no idea how to navigate it.
    We can't provide links to roms sorry, against forum rules.

  10. #30
    If I had a nickel... thazsar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Dallas, TX
    Posts
    4,909
    Thanks
    974
    Thanked 3,255 Times in 1,384 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by AUZambo View Post
    I'm trying to find some roms to install. Where can I get them? They're not as easy to find as I thought. I keep finding links that look like I can download them, but they either don't work, or take me to a page in another language and I have no idea how to navigate it.
    Send me your email address...I'll hook u up w/ a few games I have!

  11. #31
    Quote Originally Posted by Simon View Post
    We can't provide links to roms sorry, against forum rules.
    Okay...thanks.
    Quote Originally Posted by thazsar View Post
    Send me your email address...I'll hook u up w/ a few games I have!
    Sent you a PM.

  12. #32
    If I had a nickel... thazsar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Dallas, TX
    Posts
    4,909
    Thanks
    974
    Thanked 3,255 Times in 1,384 Posts

    Just got Blutrol working w/ Gridlee using a PS3 Controller!!! This is AWESOME!

    Can't wait to use this setup w/ AirPlay!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •