+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Wozniak Critiques Clip of jOBS Biopic

is a discussion within the

Mac News

forums, a part of the

General Apple/Mac

section;
    Thanks

Default Wozniak Critiques Clip of jOBS Biopic

Apple co-founder, Steve Wozniak, critiqued the clip from the forthcoming Steve Jobs biopic stating that he was less than impressed with what he’s seen so far. He even went as far as saying that Jobs would have been “offended and embarrassed” by Kutcher’s portrayal of him in jOBS.

For those of you who are unaware, Woz’s comments come after a sneak peek of Ashton Kutcher and Josh Gad as Jobs and Wozniak debuted on the web. Speaking to “Good Morning America” this week, the Apple co-founder ended up harshly critiquing the first footage of the film. He said the following:

As far as the personalities that were in that scene [laughs] this was just ridiculous. Like Steve Jobs as some sort of 'oh my gosh, I'm the father of society, I've got the ideas that are gonna drive the--' No, he didn't act like that at all.
    According to him, Jobs didn’t embrace the role of tech visionary until much later in his life. Furthermore, the “Good Morning America” interview is the third time in two days that Wozniak has ended up criticizing the film publicly. Initially, he took to the comment thread of a Gizmodo post announcing the clip, saying it appeared that the filmmakers got his and Jobs’ personalities “very wrong although mine is closer.” Wozniak later followed up in an email saying that it was he, not Jobs, who ended up initially recognizing the potential in democratizing technology. Jobs on the other hand was more interested in monetizing Wozniak’s designs. He said that "The Apple I was the [fifth] time I designed something just for fun that Steve found a way to turn into money, and the Apple ][ was the [sixth] time." Wozniak even went as far as saying that he thinks the late Jobs would have been “a little offended and embarrassed by it just like myself… I think he would say that he was, you know, a little bit too phony.”

The publicist for the jOBS biopic said that the film "is not a documentary, nor is it meant to be a blow by blow, word for word account of all conversations and events... [it] is feature film entertainment about one of the most important, creative and impactful people [in] our culture's history..."

One thing to note here is that Wozniak didn’t act as a consultant in the development of jOBS, instead he was contracted to work on a rival film, due out later from Sony and penned by “The Social Network” writer, Aaron Sorkin. Wozniak left the possibility that the Kutcher film could still be good, noting that he has only watched one scene.

Source: Gizmodo (1) (2), Inside Movies

Twitter: @AkshayMasand

Green Apple
    Thanks

Lol...I was hoping he'd say Kutcher was a dope.
    "... But the butterfly effect and that 70's show prove and punk'd prove Ashton is an acting god... Second to none"

Personally I think the guy who plays the dad on Modern Family would have been a better Jobs

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Akshay Masand View Post
    The publicist for the jOBS biopic said that the film "is not a documentary, nor is it meant to be a blow by blow, word for word account of all conversations and events... [it] is feature film entertainment about one of the most important, creative and impactful people [in] our culture's history..."
    This is what people need to realize. I'd be willing to bet that almost EVERY movie based on real people or real events took great creative liberties to make the movie interesting. If they stuck to only the facts and nailed the actual personalities of the movie subjects then it would be an insanely dull movie and would flop.

I've heard historians talk about how terribly inaccurate movies like Titanic and Gladiator were...but that didn't stop them from being good movies.