Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Apple Rejects Samsung's Request to See iOS 6 Source Code

Thanks

Default Apple Rejects Samsung's Request to See iOS 6 Source Code

In the ongoing global legal battle between Apple and Samsung, the South Korean electronics giant has been rebuffed ny Apple in an attempt to see the source code for iOS 6. According to The Korea Times, Samsung is arguing that unless they have access to the source code, they won’t know if iOS 6 infringes on its technology patents. On the other hand Apple’s legal representatives apparently called the demand “insane” as an Apple lawyer said “it doesn’t make any sense. Samsung is saying that we should give up protecting our most important data.”

Samsung’s side of the argument is that the company is most interested in looking at whether Apple infringed on its patents when iOS acquired Notification Center. For those of you who didn’t already know, Notification Center lets users check status of things like messages, schedules and weather information by swiping down from the top of the screen.

According to the South Korean manufacturer, the company has originally patented that feature in November of 2006 and they put the feature into Samsung Galaxy smartphones and tablets before Apple did. The court has yet to decide whether to accept Samsung’s request to see the source code but we’ll find out soon enough.

Source: Korea Times, TechCrunch

Twitter: @AkshayMasand

Still don't understand why the most important smartphones designers are "fighting". Android copy from Apple and Apple copy from Android. in that way both companies/devices/OSs are better, they should stop with this nonsense and worry about develop new features...

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Schnedi For This Useful Post:

Jj2345 (01-26-2013)

It's stupid for Samsung to think its going to get a look at Apples source code. To me, that's like saying "Hey, we aren't copying you at all. We never have and never will...but can we look at all your coding to see what other cool stuff you do? We won't take anything. We promise".

5. The Following User Says Thank You to holyshnikes For This Useful Post:

*T* (01-26-2013)

The writer needs to correct its spellings in the first line from "ny" to "by".

Get Samsung to reverse engineer iOS if they want it that badly. They get their source code and we potentially get a jailbreak in the process. It's win, win for everyone (except Apple of course)...

Thanks
    Thanked 6,437 Times in 2,135 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by holyshnikes View Post
    It's stupid for Samsung to think its going to get a look at Apples source code. To me, that's like saying "Hey, we aren't copying you at all. We never have and never will...but can we look at all your coding to see what other cool stuff you do? We won't take anything. We promise".
    Got to agree with you, heck they have or have had all the schematics when they were supplying the components & chips for almost the entire iPhone range. How about they innovate instead of imitate. I for one am glad Apple are severing ties with Samsung...
    Twitter ID: @Jato_BZ
    .artwork Assassin / Emoji Extractor

iPhone? More like MyPhone WithinTemptationFan's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by hapishyguy View Post
    The writer needs to correct its spellings in the first line from "ny" to "by".
    "Their" spelling, not it's spelling. =)

10. The Following User Says Thank You to WithinTemptationFan For This Useful Post:

Jj2345 (01-26-2013)

My iPhone is a Part of Me bmwraw8482's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by WithinTemptationFan View Post
    "Their" spelling, not it's spelling. =)
    Lol

Quote Originally Posted by schnedi View Post
    Still don't understand why the most important smartphones designers are "fighting". Android copy from Apple and Apple copy from Android. in that way both companies/devices/OSs are better, they should stop with this nonsense and worry about develop new features...
    Thank you. Someone understands how stupid these companies are.

iPhone? More like MyPhone Colin9001's Avatar
    Thanks

The title made me lol.. Hard

iPhone? More like MyPhone ohthatguyagain's Avatar
    Thanks

Title should have read "apple rejects samsungs request to see iOS6 source code... AGAIN."

Banned
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by holyshnikes View Post
    I doubt they want the whole code which is anybody would agree is unreasonable. HOWEVER, if they're claiming iOS infringes on their notifications and IF apple is NOT guilty they should have no problem with allowing Samsung to see it.

Also I think your opinion would be entirely different if it was the other way around.

Quote Originally Posted by jOnGarrett View Post
    I doubt they want the whole code which is anybody would agree is unreasonable. HOWEVER, if they're claiming iOS infringes on their notifications and IF apple is NOT guilty they should have no problem with allowing Samsung to see it.

Also I think your opinion would be entirely different if it was the other way around.
    No. What Samsung are asking Apple to do is release their intellectual property. If Apple were to do so and the source code were to become public then many companies (including Samsung) would likely profit from it. I think though since clearly Apple isn't infringing on any of Samsungs patents and Apples patent portfolio is greater than theirs they might as well agree to release it under the grounds that the source code does not get redistributed, cannot be used in any personal or commercial products of Samsungs and that if upon providing Samsung the source code the court sees that there is nothing wrong with it that Samsung be punished for causing such a scene...