Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Footage of Ashton Kutcher as Jobs from "jOBS" Biopic Emerges

Thanks

Default Footage of Ashton Kutcher as Jobs from "jOBS" Biopic Emerges

The first footage of the “jOBS” biopic hit the web, giving viewers a peek of actors Ashton Kutcher and Josh Gad as Apple co-founders Steve Jobs and Steve Wozniak. The clip, originally obtained by ETonline, shows Jobs (Kutcher) excitedly attempting to convey to Wozniak (Gad) how important his developed operating system is.

In the clip, Woz remains unconvinced, thinking that nobody would want to buy the computer but Jobs remains the visionary, asking Wozniak “How does somebody know what they want if they’ve never seen it?” Overall, the clip looks promising and conveys the two cofounders and their personalities very well. The video can be seen below:

The full film will hit theaters on April 19, coinciding with Apple’s 37th anniversary. It is said to cover 30 years of Jobs’ life, from 1971 to 2000. “jOBS” is one of the two forthcoming films focused on the late Apple cofounder. The other film is a big-budget, Sony-backed picture which is said to be penned by award-winning writer, Aaron Sorkin and based on Walter Isaacson’s official biography. Those of you who are interested in Jobs’ life and Apple’s history have a lot to look forward to.

Source: ETonline
    Last edited by Akshay Masand; 01-24-2013 at 10:51 PM.

Twitter: @AkshayMasand

Looks garbage. Shame

Quote Originally Posted by Raptors View Post
    Looks garbage. Shame
    Outstanding critique and impeccable grammar sir.

Looks garbage. Shame
    Looks like a preconceived opinion to me. I see nothing wrong with the clip.

Actually, I thought it was pretty good and I can't wait to see the movie (after it's at Red Box, of course!).

Thanks
    Thanked 2,309 Times in 1,022 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by AUZambo View Post

Actually, I thought it was pretty good and I can't wait to see the movie (after it's at Red Box, of course!).
    +1

What's a RedBox?
    Here to help if I can. If I can't I know someone who can!

Looks garbage. Shame
    agreed. kutcher killed 2.5 men and will kill jOBS

What have they done to Woz!!!!

look here
    Last edited by dsg; 01-25-2013 at 08:20 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by NewdestinyX View Post
    What's a RedBox?
    It's a DVD rental vending machine company in America. They're typically outside grocery stores, gas stations, etc. Swipe your card, select your movie, and it spits it out. Rental is $1.29 a night.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to AUZambo For This Useful Post:

NewdestinyX (01-25-2013)

Doesn't seem very "jobs" like. I didn't really feel it

Quote Originally Posted by mvangogh View Post
    but jobs is already dead sooo....

Thanks
    Thanked 2,309 Times in 1,022 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by mvangogh View Post
    There's no way 2.5 Men was gonna survive w/out Sheen. Kutcher (although I'm not a big fan), didnt kill that show...it was inevitable.

But despite not being a Kutcher fan, I am anxious to see this movie!

Quote Originally Posted by thazsar View Post
    There's no way 2.5 Men was gonna survive w/out Sheen. Kutcher (although I'm not a big fan), didnt kill that show...it was inevitable.

But despite not being a Kutcher fan, I am anxious to see this movie!
    Despite his best attempts I fear Kutcher will never outgrow that dopey idiot, Kelso, he played on "That 70's Show". I see that character in everything else he's done. Jobs was a 'careful thinking' passionate guy. He was not a syrupy passionate - like Kutcher is playing it in that scene. You have to be believable - ESPECIALLY if you want to break out of a mold you created for yourself elsewhere.

Great example is Bill Murray playing FDR in his most recent movie. Who would have ever figured that the whacko from Caddy Shack and GhostBusters would ever be able to pull off a dramatic role playing one of the most influential presidents in American history. Well Bill 'reinvented himself' for that role and the result's AMAZING. Kutcher ain't there yet.

It's rare when you can pull of 'your schtick' in every role you play and have each new role be believable - like somehow Robin Williams can. Even when Robin plays straight non comedic roles like in "Dead Poet's Society" (best flick EV-ER!) - you still see the crazy MORK of "MORK and MINDY" coming out a 'bit'. But somehow Robin Williams makes that work. Kutcher doesn't have the gravitas yet. I'll watch this movie for the 'story line' of it - but will look more forward to the other Jobs movie they're working on too.
    Last edited by NewdestinyX; 01-25-2013 at 03:00 PM.

Livin the iPhone Life steve-z17's Avatar
    Thanks

Looks pretty good! I like both the actors in this clip.

Quote Originally Posted by flash66 View Post
    Outstanding critique and impeccable grammar sir.
    "Not close...we never had such interaction and roles," Wozniak wrote, "I'm not even sure what it's getting at...personalities are very wrong although mine is closer...don't forget that my purpose was inspired by the values of the Homebrew Computer Club along with ideas of the value of such machines and Steve J. wasn't around and didn't attend the club so he was the one learning about such social impact of the future.""

Good day.

I think people may have unreaslistic expectations of this movie. First, remember it's a movie with paid actors. It's not a documentary.

As with every movie based on real events and real people, the actors simply will not nail the character perfectly. The only way to do that is have Steve Jobs do it himself. Second, the screen writer and director have to take some creative liberties to make the story interesting. If they stuck strictly to the facts the movie would either be dull and boring, or it would be a documentary.

Enjoy it for what it is, and don't expect it to be the perfect telling of Steve Jobs' life.

I don't claim to know a lot about Steve Jobs book from all of the keynote speeches that I've seen, it seems like Ashton Kutcher nailed the inflections that Mr. Jobs had.

He played Michael Kelso. Not Eric Foreman.

Quote Originally Posted by NewdestinyX View Post
    Despite his best attempts I fear Kutcher will never outgrow that dopey idiot, Eric, he played on "That 70's Show". I see that character in everything else he's done. Jobs was a 'careful thinking' passionate guy. He was not a syrupy passionate - like Kutcher is playing it in that scene. You have to be believable - ESPECIALLY if you want to break out of a mold you created for yourself elsewhere.

Great example is Bill Murray playing FDR in his most recent movie. Who would have ever figured that the whacko from Caddy Shack and GhostBusters would ever be able to pull off a dramatic role playing one of the most influential presidents in American history. Well Bill 'reinvented himself' for that role and the result's AMAZING. Kutcher ain't there yet.

It's rare when you can pull of 'your schtick' in every role you play and have each new role be believable - like somehow Robin Williams can. Even when Robin plays straight non comedic roles like in "Dead Poet's Society" (best flick EV-ER!) - you still see the crazy MORK of "MORK and MINDY" coming out a 'bit'. But somehow Robin Williams makes that work. Kutcher doesn't have the gravitas yet. I'll watch this movie for the 'story line' of it - but will look more forward to the other Jobs movie they're working on too.

Quote Originally Posted by kfernandes29 View Post
    He played Michael Kelso. Not Eric Foreman.
    Yes, of course. Thanks for correction. I'll update my post.

douche bag playing a douche bag. he will forever be kelso..his acting is atrocious. He is the same in every movie. sad.