+ Reply
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Job Opening Points to iOS 7 Advancements

is a discussion within the

Mac News

forums, a part of the

General Apple/Mac

section;
Although we're still an estimated six months away from the likely unveiling of iOS 7, Apple's next major upgrade to its mobile operating system, a new job posting may provide
    MMi Staff Writer Michael Essany's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,471 Times in 558 Posts

Default Job Opening Points to iOS 7 Advancements

Although we're still an estimated six months away from the likely unveiling of iOS 7, Apple's next major upgrade to its mobile operating system, a new job posting may provide clues about some of the anticipated changes coming to iOS.

Based on the advertised opening at the company, Apple may introduce new APIs and frameworks with the next version of iOS. "How would you like to develop the very first iPhone/iPad app that uses a new API/framework in the next version of iOS?" the job summary posted January 22nd reads.

Although new and expanded features shouldn't come as a surprise ahead of a major iOS refresh, the candor of the job posting is somewhat surprising, particularly in light of how notoriously hush0hush the company can be even when hiring new talent to work on top secret software and hardware objectives.

The posting doesn't include any information regarding when iOS 7 may launch, but it's a safe bet that we'll get our first look at the goods in June at Apple's annual Worldwide Developers Conference.

Source: Apple (via Apple Insider)

iPhone Warranty Voider Faresismail's Avatar
    Thanks

They will probably just "redesign" siri, reminders.... And call it a major update -.-

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Faresismail For This Useful Post:

buggsy2 (01-23-2013)

iPhone? More like MyPhone shigh's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Faresismail View Post
    They will probably just "redesign" siri, reminders.... And call it a major update -.-
    Since we r just guessing here. You will probably be wrong.

iPhone? More like MyPhone BhadKarma's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by shigh View Post
    Since we r just guessing here. You will probably be wrong.
    Yup, forgot the Notes app and clock app

6. The Following User Says Thank You to BhadKarma For This Useful Post:

buggsy2 (01-23-2013)

iPhone? More like MyPhone interstink's Avatar
    Thanks

Pages and pages of icons on the springboard needs some changes. How about some customization, user accounts on iPad, etc.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to interstink For This Useful Post:

buggsy2 (01-23-2013)

Livin the iPhone Life Carvensno's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,590 Times in 658 Posts

I'm thinking with Scott Forstall gone/out of the picture? They maybe open to a redesign/customization of iOS JMO tho. Since Scott saw/thought the same as Steve did. Be nice nice to see something new/refresh!

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by BhadKarma View Post
    I think you both forgot that Steve Jobs and Scott Forstall were the two people who kept iOS consistent throughout the years that iOS has been developing. Now they are both gone and they are probably thinking they want to finally allow developers a bit deeper into iOS and allow them to integrate their apps, and possibly themes/widgets soon (themes will slow our devices down substantially so this is a big question mark). Im hoping for a better lockscreen with more lock options (facial recognition or something like the tweak stride would be cool) and also widgets on the lockscreen and maybe springboard.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by BhadKarma View Post
    Notes and clock will come in ios 8

*T*
    Thanks

6 months from iOS 7????

Sht I was hoping it would be around the corner! It's been too long since we've had any real adjustments.

Livin the iPhone Life Carvensno's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,590 Times in 658 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by *T* View Post
    6 months from iOS 7????

Sht I was hoping it would be around the corner! It's been too long since we've had any real adjustments.
    The new/next iOS is usually announced beginning of June/WWDC

iPhone? More like MyPhone iH85CH001's Avatar
    Thanks

Notes and clock will come in ios 8
    yeah...

Thanks

Boring

My iPhone is a Part of Me RandyTG's Avatar
    Thanks

Maybe it will be a way for Cydia to be an AppStore app and still do what it does, and so validate all of the work the jailbreak community does.

Thanks
    Thanked 4,264 Times in 1,603 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Noahwhite2014 View Post
    I think you both forgot that Steve Jobs and Scott Forstall were the two people who kept iOS consistent throughout the years that iOS has been developing. Now they are both gone and they are probably thinking they want to finally allow developers a bit deeper into iOS and allow them to integrate their apps, and possibly themes/widgets soon (themes will slow our devices down substantially so this is a big question mark). Im hoping for a better lockscreen with more lock options (facial recognition or something like the tweak stride would be cool) and also widgets on the lockscreen and maybe springboard.
    I fully agree with what you are saying I hope they finally take their cues from having widgets in NC and deploying them on the Lockscreen and Homescreen. I run transparent BGs on my widgets and they fit right in. iOS 7 needs a full ground up re-write if you ask me. They need to change things up significantly!
    Twitter Id: @Jato_BZ
    Ask questions here or there, or follow/preview my theme build process...something different

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

I always find it so amazing the negativity that gets posted, if you don't like go buy an lesser phone like a droid or how about a window phone. You negative people must be a freakin joy to be around, I pity your families....if they haven't all left you by now. My God, it's a freakin phone and there's choices. I'll keep the best....my Apple with whatever ios brings me thank you very much.

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

You guys act like apple doesn't make big updates. Do you guys think the first updates 1-3 were big? You guys compare the jump from iPhone 3GS -iphone 4 and iOS 3-4 to every other update and keep the bar super high, the truth is apple doesn't always make HUGE updates like you guys expect, pretty much all phone updates just integrate the most reliable new tech.

Thanks
    Thanked 3,838 Times in 876 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by interstink View Post
    Pages and pages of icons on the springboard needs some changes. How about some customization, user accounts on iPad, etc.
    This would make my dreams come true with the iPad!! Lol

Quote Originally Posted by Jato_BZ View Post
    I fully agree with what you are saying I hope they finally take their cues from having widgets in NC and deploying them on the Lockscreen and Homescreen. I run transparent BGs on my widgets and they fit right in. iOS 7 needs a full ground up re-write if you ask me. They need to change things up significantly!
    Why would it need a full re-write??!?? The OS is solid, smooth and works great. The only thing it isn't is open. Apple wants it to be a secure reliable device.

I just get so confused why people think that iOS needs to be started over from scratch? This seems so crazy to me.
    Last edited by subywrex; 01-24-2013 at 01:13 AM.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by subywrex View Post
    Why would it need a full re-write??!?? The OS is solid, smooth and works great. The only thing it isn't is open. Apple wants it to be a secure reliable device.

I just get so confused why people think that iOS needs to be started over from scratch? This seems so crazy to me.
    The current UI is really boring, i've owned an iPhone ever since the first came out and i i hate that they have never changed there UI which kinds of pushes me to get an android ( to get the sense of "change" )

Thanks
    Thanked 3,838 Times in 876 Posts

The current UI is really boring, i've owned an iPhone ever since the first came out and i i hate that they have never changed there UI which kinds of pushes me to get an android ( to get the sense of "change" )
    Then get an android. Lol. If you get bored playing a game do you complain that the game needs to he updated? No you get a different game.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by subywrex View Post
    Then get an android. Lol. If you get bored playing a game do you complain that the game needs to he updated? No you get a different game.
    I guess you're right but isnt this why some games have different modes? And dont they usually update the game and add new modes