+ Reply
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Laurene Powell Jobs Steps Forward to Back 'DREAM Act'

is a discussion within the

Mac News

forums, a part of the

General Apple/Mac

section;
    MMi Staff Writer Michael Essany's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,474 Times in 561 Posts

Default Laurene Powell Jobs Steps Forward to Back 'DREAM Act'

Despite being every bit as private and elusive as her late husband Steve Jobs, Laurene Powell Jobs has come forward to promote her new website, which advocates the "Dream Act" for immigration reform in the United States.

Powell Jobs told Yahoo News the new project was an effort to harness the momentum around the issue and give visibility to the young people who would benefit from the Dream Act.
    “There needed to be a demystification—to put a face to these people, to hear the individual stories,” she said in a rare interview - one of the only interviews she has granted since her husband's passing in October 2011.

The DREAM (Development, Relief, and Education for Alien Minors) Act is a legislative proposal first introduced in the U.S. Senate in 2001. The bill would provide conditional permanent residency to certain undocumented residents of "good moral character."

Despite coming close to passage on more than one occasion, the bill has never been enacted.

Powell Jobs reveals that her passion for the Dream Act dates back to College Track, an initiative she founded to help low-income and minority students attend college. "They’re our children’s friends. They are people we know. This is a huge national problem that needs resolution,” she said.

Source: Yahoo

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Nooo more Mexicans! Why should illegals with "good moral standards" be allowed to stay. Who decides they have good morals? What jobs will they be taking when there aren't any in the first place? I hope to god this doesn't pass.

Thanks

This gave me a good laugh, that's all I'm gonna say.
    "You may say I'm a dreamer, but I'm not"

Green Apple
    Thanks

Mexicans take away jobs that the Americans should be getting. Therefore ruins the economy!

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    To redneck503...
    I mean, bigred503
    You are a racist!!

Micahiah12
    Work harder, get out of the forums and show the employers that you deserved that job more than any body else ;-)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Mexicans work harder than Americans, point blank period. The minority of the U.S. 30 years ago has become the majority.
    Americans claim they are smarter, faster and stronger physically and mentally just because of their skin color, by being white; but, reality is they take everything they have for granted until a person of different ethnicity comes around climbing the corporate ladder.

Mexicans take away jobs that the Americans should be getting. Therefore ruins the economy!
    Plus the "White Man" has been screwing this country financially for 2 centuries already, who are you to say mexicans ruin the Economy?

7. The Following User Says Thank You to jwon93 For This Useful Post:

0_MAX_0 (01-22-2013)

My iPhone is a Part of Me iLoveWindows&iPhone's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by bigred503 View Post
    Nooo more Mexicans! Why should illegals with "good moral standards" be allowed to stay. Who decides they have good morals? What jobs will they be taking when there aren't any in the first place? I hope to god this doesn't pass.
    Why shouldn't they?...So you can feel less threatened about someone better than you taking your job? No one is going to take your job so long as you work hard...its as simple as that. I don't understand what people like you are so scared of, and why you feel so entitled. Your comment makes you sound like a 4 year old at preschool yelling "NO! THAT'S MY TOY! YOU CAN'T PLAY WITH IT!" That's usually when they learn to share...but not all of them.

I can understand why you have "good moral standards" in quotes....Because based on your comment, it's very clear you have no idea what they are or what that means.
    El Zurdo

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Guess what ?!
    Steve job is Syrian from the Middle East if you don't know and 85% of the Silicon Valley computer genius are foreigner ...FYI....

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by bigred503 View Post
    Two things, if you can't keep a job and get replaced that is a comment on you not on someone else.

"White People" are the immigrants here aztecs, mayans, incas, and other native american indian tribes are the technically the only non immigrants "aliens" people.

America is the melting pot nation that derives its strengths from diversity.

I would prefer they fix the immigration system as it is a broken system that prefers leaving children and elderly to die and forces dedicated workforce in other countries when they could be here paying sales tax and income taxes

*T*
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by oscard1 View Post
    To redneck503...
    I mean, bigred503
    You are a racist!!

Micahiah12
    Work harder, get out of the forums and show the employers that you deserved that job more than any body else ;-)
    saying "no Mexicans" is racist? Mexican isn't a race anyway.

In response to
    "show the employers that you deserved that job more"

Mexicans should be allowed in because Americans are allowed to use their time to discuss ideas freely on forums? And we should work harder, like slaves in some Chinese sweatshop, so we can prove tht we deserve the jobs more than Mexicans?

iPhone? More like MyPhone TwistedSoul's Avatar
    Thanks

Bottom line everyone is replaceable. I'm white and racist but that's the truth. There's white trash there's good colored ppl. Vise versa. Done

*T*
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by jwon93 View Post
    Mexicans work harder than Americans, point blank period. The minority of the U.S. 30 years ago has become the majority.
    Americans claim they are smarter, faster and stronger physically and mentally just because of their skin color, by being white; but, reality is they take everything they have for granted until a person of different ethnicity comes around climbing the corporate ladder.

Plus the "White Man" has been screwing this country financially for 2 centuries already, who are you to say mexicans ruin the Economy?
    Mexicans have no skills! They are stupid, uneducated leeches that "work harder" because they are the only ones desperate/dumb enough to mow lawns for 10 hours.

Thanks

I read the future that I've been laughing before everyone posted their replies lol.
    "You may say I'm a dreamer, but I'm not"

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Haha so it's okay for people here ILLEGALLY to use services that I pay my tax dollars towards? No thanks I'll pass. They're called illegal aliens for a reason. Just cause they have a kid here doesn't give them any rights.

My iPhone is a Part of Me iLoveWindows&iPhone's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by *T* View Post
    Mexicans have no skills! They are stupid, uneducated leeches that "work harder" because they are the only ones desperate/dumb enough to mow lawns for 10 hours.
    Really T? Your material has really been getting quite lazy as of late!

No one pay any attention to this guy...this is what he does. He thinks he's the "shock jock" of MMi... And while he is incredibly annoying, he and his comments are completely unoriginal and unintelligent. The best thing to do is to try and ignore him, and feel sorry for a guy who comes to a forum for the sole purpose of trying to piss people off...it's quite depressing if you think about it.

He "works harder" than anyone here at being annoying and/or offensive, yet he still doesn't have a job in this field...Maybe a Mexican willing to "work harder" stole it from him! "THEY TOOK ERRR JYYBBBSS!!" Lol some of you really do sound like your straight outta South Park!
    El Zurdo

Green Apple
    Thanks

I wonder if other Countries have a "DREAM ACT"?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by *T* View Post
    The stupid one and with no skills its u so just shut the ****** up *****!

Quote Originally Posted by jwon93 View Post

+1

[QUOTE=iLoveWindows&iPhone;6743804]Really T? Your material has really been getting quite lazy as of late!

No one pay any attention to this guy...this is what he does. He thinks he's the "shock jock" of MMi... And while he is incredibly annoying, he and his comments are completely unoriginal and unintelligent. The best thing to do is to try and ignore him, and feel sorry for a guy who comes to a forum for the sole purpose of trying to piss people off...it's quite depressing if you think about it.

He "works harder" than anyone here at being annoying and/or offensive, yet he still doesn't have a job in this field...Maybe a Mexican willing to "work harder" stole it from him! "THEY TOOK ERRR JYYBBBSS!!" Lol some of you really do sound like your straight outta South Park![/QUOTE
    👍👍👍👍

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    To Mr "T"

Mexican is not a race is a culture and you know it, but when some one picks on another persons based on where they come from it's racist
    As of "You" deserving a job more than others.

No American should be affraid of a mexican taking his/her job and when a said work harder means, as a person, who (with all the benefits of been americans) should educate yourself and have a carrier where no mexican can take from you.
    You americans have all the benefits a mexican hasn't, what are you affraid of?

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by TwistedSoul View Post
    I'm white and racist but that's the truth.
    Yeah, but why is that?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I personally don't mind immigrants here taking jobs. That's the American way. Opportunity. The only jobs being "stolen" are those from the illegal aliens we have here. We need a simpler way of letting people immigrate to America should they wish to do so. Which also makes it easier to pick out the good from the bad.