Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Apple's R&D Center in China May Open This Summer

MMi Staff Writer Michael Essany's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,480 Times in 566 Posts

Default Apple's R&D Center in China May Open This Summer

On Tuesday, MMi reported that Apple is allegedly planning to set up an R&D center in Beijing. Sources inside of China say that Apple CEO Tim Cook revealed during a meeting with Beijing's acting mayor Wang Anshun that Apple's R&D aspirations were inbound for that nation.

Today, we're learning more about these supposed plans.

According to information presented on BrightWire (and originally obtained by sources speaking with CNET China), Apple's R&D center will actually be housed in Shanghai and could open well before 2013 draws to a close.

Apple will announce the opening of its R&D center in China this summer, but instead of being located in Beijing as rumored, the center will be situated in Pudong, Shanghai, an unnamed insider source told CNET today.
    The rumored facility that will become Apple's R&D center consists of "three six-story Baroque style buildings with total floor area standing at approximately 10,000 sqm."

According to today's report, Apple's R&D aspirations for China have been on the drawing board for six or seven years already. Although Apple has explored options for expanding its global R&D footprint in Israel and Russia, the early 2013 reports of Apple's R&D goals for China largely emerged from out of the blue.

Source: BrightWire

Whoo more bragging rights.

Brilliant. What could possibly go wrong? That'll make corporate espionage that much easier. Apple is going downhill now.

http://mobile.bloomberg.com/news/201...companies.html

Would've thought they learned her lesson the first time.

Dude this comment was supposed to be on the more iphone sales than galaxy series article. Wth!?!

I mean the last comment. My first one.

Quote Originally Posted by shigh View Post
    Dude this comment was supposed to be on the more iphone sales than galaxy series article. Wth!?!

I mean the last comment. My first one.
    LOL, I just figured that I totally misunderstood the article.

Quote Originally Posted by Perceptum View Post
    LOL, I just figured that I totally misunderstood the article.
    Lol yea weird