Apple Thursday started selling refurbished versions of the new 13-inch MacBook Pro with retina display that was introduced in October of 2012. They have been made available on Apple’s Online Store Web site and will be 15% cheaper than the new version of the machine.

At the refurbished prices, the 2.5Ghz Core i5 MacBook Pro with retina display that has 128GB of flash storage is $1439, which is normally priced at $1699 new. The 2.5Ghz Core i5 MacBook Pro with retina display that has 256GB of flash storage is $1699, which is normally priced at $1999 new. Finally, the 2.9Ghz Core i7 MacBook Pro with retina display that has 512GB of flash storage is $2289, which is normally priced at $2698 new.

Apple’s 13-inch MacBook Pro with retina display is a good productivity computer, however it lacks the powerful graphics that come in the 15-inch MacBook Pro with retina display, as it only comes with the integrated Intel HD 4000 graphics. The 13-inch MacBook Pro with retina display has a resolution of 2650 x 1600 and comes packed with the latest Ivy Bridge processors from Intel and 8GB of 1600Mhz memory, which delivers a zippy experience for the user.

Apple’s refurbished machines come with the same warranties as a new Apple machine, so it wouldn’t be a bad idea to pick up a refurbished model of the 13-inch MacBook Pro with retina display if you’ve been craving one, and save some money.

Sources: Apple via MacRumors