+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Apple's 13-inch MacBook Pro With Retina Display Now Available Refurbished

is a discussion within the

Mac News

forums, a part of the

General Apple/Mac

section;
Apple Thursday started selling refurbished versions of the new 13-inch MacBook Pro with retina display that was introduced in October of 2012. They have been made available on Apple’s Online
    MMi Staff Writer Anthony Bouchard's Avatar
    Thanks

Default Apple's 13-inch MacBook Pro With Retina Display Now Available Refurbished

Apple Thursday started selling refurbished versions of the new 13-inch MacBook Pro with retina display that was introduced in October of 2012. They have been made available on Apple’s Online Store Web site and will be 15% cheaper than the new version of the machine.

At the refurbished prices, the 2.5Ghz Core i5 MacBook Pro with retina display that has 128GB of flash storage is $1439, which is normally priced at $1699 new. The 2.5Ghz Core i5 MacBook Pro with retina display that has 256GB of flash storage is $1699, which is normally priced at $1999 new. Finally, the 2.9Ghz Core i7 MacBook Pro with retina display that has 512GB of flash storage is $2289, which is normally priced at $2698 new.

Apple’s 13-inch MacBook Pro with retina display is a good productivity computer, however it lacks the powerful graphics that come in the 15-inch MacBook Pro with retina display, as it only comes with the integrated Intel HD 4000 graphics. The 13-inch MacBook Pro with retina display has a resolution of 2650 x 1600 and comes packed with the latest Ivy Bridge processors from Intel and 8GB of 1600Mhz memory, which delivers a zippy experience for the user.

Apple’s refurbished machines come with the same warranties as a new Apple machine, so it wouldn’t be a bad idea to pick up a refurbished model of the 13-inch MacBook Pro with retina display if you’ve been craving one, and save some money.

Sources: Apple via MacRumors

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    15-inch is also available.

MMi Staff Writer Anthony Bouchard's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Fimeg View Post
    15-inch is also available.
    Yes, they've been around refurbished for a couple of weeks now. The 13-inch models were just added.

My iPhone is a Part of Me mustard05's Avatar
    Thanks

That seems fast to have refurbs. I wonder how the 13inc is selling? I
    I've my 15inch, but I would never pay what they see asking in terms of price for the 13 inch model.

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

Wonder how apple fare in replacing components? Given the difficulty servicing them (glass glued to screen / memory soldered to motherboard etc) wonder do they just replace the entire component that's faulty...?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by docmagoo2 View Post
    Wonder how apple fare in replacing components? Given the difficulty servicing them (glass glued to screen / memory soldered to motherboard etc) wonder do they just replace the entire component that's faulty...?
    My 17 inch rMBP lost pixels so they replaced the whole lid. When I got the machine back, I had to peal the plastic off of the lid.

iPhone? More like MyPhone HovikGas's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by mustard05 View Post
    My 17 inch rMBP lost pixels so they replaced the whole lid. When I got the machine back, I had to peal the plastic off of the lid.
    How long did that take? The lower right portion of my screen seems to have lost a few pixels too, but haven't gotten around to getting it fixed...

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by HovikGas View Post
    How long did that take? The lower right portion of my screen seems to have lost a few pixels too, but haven't gotten around to getting it fixed...
    I took the machine to the Genius Bar. They looked it over, and 2 days later they called to tell me my parts where in. I dropped the machine off on a Monday and had it back Thursday. Overall it was quick.