Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Amazon Brings iTunes Rival Right to Apple

MMi Staff Writer Michael Essany's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,480 Times in 566 Posts

Default Amazon Brings iTunes Rival Right to Apple

Amazon is "brazenly" encroaching on Apple's territory with a significant challenge to iTunes, some are saying in response to Amazon's announcement today.

The online retail giant and growing mobile power has optimized its MP3 music store for Safari on the iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. Essentially, Amazon has delivered a comprehensive alternative to the iTunes Store directly to the iOS ecosystem.

And with its it’s 22-million song catalog, Amazon's music store isn't too shabby.

“Since the launch of the Amazon Cloud Player app for iPhone and iPod touch, a top request from customers has been the ability to buy music from Amazon right from their devices," Amazon said. "For the first time ever, iOS users have a way do that."

Users can also easily search and explore available tunes. Once purchased, they are automatically saved to customers’ Cloud Player libraries. As you might expect, there are even personalized recommendations, best-seller lists and Amazon customer ratings.

Steve Boom, Vice President of Amazon Music, says that deals on music will be plentiful, including albums for $5 and songs for $0.69.

If you're an iDevice owner, Amazon's MP3 store is now open for business. You can check it out here.

Source: Amazon

My iPhone is a Part of Me thevmax's Avatar
    Thanks

HOWEVER...They do not carry The Beatles, among other notable artists.
    Only Apple Itunes has them!

Default yepp
    Quote Originally Posted by thevmax View Post
    +1

My iPhone is a Part of Me bmwraw8482's Avatar
    Thanks

I bet this would take off a lot quicker if most of us didn't have data caps => can't stream music from the cloud all the time

They need to make a amazon prime app so prime users can stream music,movies,and tv episodes

And when I'm on the airplane? Or in another country and I have to delete a row?

Quote Originally Posted by thevmax View Post
    So?

Making my music universal is more important.

Besides the Beatles are over-rated.

Quote Originally Posted by ZipZapp View Post
    So?

Making my music universal is more important.

Besides the Beatles are over-rated.
    Having my music on a device that doesn't need to be connected all the time but that I carry around with me is more useful. Streaming from the cloud has its uses, but if pressed to choose I will always pick the local storage option.