+ Reply
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Report: Devs Can Soon Expect Fifth and Final iOS 6.1 Beta

is a discussion within the

Mac News

forums, a part of the

General Apple/Mac

section;
Based on what we're hearing Friday, developers can expect a new beta of iOS 6.1. This will likely be the golden master should no further issues be uncovered or require
    MMi Staff Writer Michael Essany's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,479 Times in 565 Posts

Default Report: Devs Can Soon Expect Fifth and Final iOS 6.1 Beta

Based on what we're hearing Friday, developers can expect a new beta of iOS 6.1. This will likely be the golden master should no further issues be uncovered or require additional extensive testing.

iFun - Germany's Apple-related news blog - reported that the release could come any time now, citing knowledgeable sources who say the fifth and final beta of iOS 6.1 is being prepared for release as we speak.

If not today, the release could come as soon as Monday. So far, the four iOS 6.1 builds have been compatible with the iPhone 5, 4S, 4, and 3GS, as well as the 2nd, 3rd, and 4th generation iPad, the iPad mini, and iPod touch (4th and 5th gen).

"iOS 6.1 brings to previous findings, no major changes, but mainly deals with bug fixes and optimizations in the areas of connectivity," the report reads, according to Google Translate.

Source: iFun (via Apple Insider)

Thanks
    Thanked 2,189 Times in 980 Posts

Fingers crossed!

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Wow wow let do this thing can't wait !!!

iPhone Warranty Voider Faresismail's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Bigboy388 View Post
    Wow wow let do this thing can't wait !!!
    Im actually exited about the 6.1 untethered jailbreak

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Faresismail For This Useful Post:

Jj2345 (01-11-2013)

Livin the iPhone Life Silverado1987's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,336 Times in 730 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Faresismail View Post
    +1 I was expecting the end of January but maybe Monday. I can shoot for that. Give it a couple weeks after 6.1 drops and see of the sparks fly

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

It could be this weekend which I'm hoping for all smiles here !!

Thanks
    Thanked 15,228 Times in 6,987 Posts

6.1 coming out does not mean the jailbreak will follow soon afterwards.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Simon For This Useful Post:

Anthony Bouchard (01-11-2013)

iPhone Warranty Voider Faresismail's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Simon View Post
    6.1 coming out does not mean the jailbreak will follow soon afterwards.
    Yea but if u recall what mmi wrote earlier, they said that planetbeing has an untether on ios 6.0.2 but he wont release it coz he wants to wait for ios 6.1 ... So i think everyone here is hoping for the him to release untethered 6.1 once the couple weeks after the ios 6.1 release

MMi Staff Writer Anthony Bouchard's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,071 Times in 787 Posts

Yea but if u recall what mmi wrote earlier, they said that planetbeing has an untether on ios 6.0.2 but he wont release it coz he wants to wait for ios 6.1 ... So i think everyone here is hoping for the him to release untethered 6.1 once the couple weeks after the ios 6.1 release
    There's no guarantee of this at all. If iOS 6.1 doesn't break the jailbreak, which planetbeing pretty much expects it to, then it still has to be refined and this could take a while.

If it does break the jailbreak, it could take a long time to find more exploits.

Don't get your hopes up just yet. There's a light at the end of the tunnel, but no one can predict how close we are to it.

Thanks
    Thanked 15,228 Times in 6,987 Posts

I recall it. You should see the last few posts in that thread from me and re-read what planetbeing said.

Hacker Planetbeing Comments On the State of the iPhone 5 and iOS 6 Jailbreak

Green Apple
    Thanks

I wouldn't expect a jailbreak till like ios 6.1.+. Would be nice
    Devices
    iPod Touch 8gb 2nd Gen jailbroken 4.2.1
    iPhone 3GS 8gb new boot rom jailbroken 5.1.1
    iPhone 4S 16gb Stock 5.1.1

Thanks

The iPhone 5S will be out by the time the jailbreak comes out for iPhone 5. Either way it's been too long I some times forget bout the jailbreak.
    "You may say I'm a dreamer, but I'm not"

My iPhone is a Part of Me iLoveWindows&iPhone's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony Bouchard View Post
    There's no guarantee of this at all. If iOS 6.1 doesn't break the jailbreak, which planetbeing pretty much expects it to, then it still has to be refined and this could take a while.

If it does break the jailbreak, it could take a long time to find more exploits.

Don't get your hopes up just yet. There's a light at the end of the tunnel, but no one can predict how close we are to it.
    So Planetbeing claims he didn't release a jailbreak on 6.0.1 (or 2) because he wanted to save the exploits for a 6.1 jailbreak once it got released...

But he was expecting 6.1 to fix these exploits anyways, therefore effectively "burning" the exploits.

So is he (we) just hoping for a miracle? Crossing his fingers hoping that Apple won't patch the exploits...but thinking that they most likely will?

If this is really the case, waiting for 6.1 was a hugggeeeee gamble. True, It would be better to have a jailbreak on 6.1 over 6.0.1...But if you have a jailbreak that works perfectly on 6.0.1, and don't release it because there is a SMALL chance it will work with 6.1....your taking a big gamble...and i believe a bad gamble.
    El Zurdo

My iPhone is a Part of Me Jj2345's Avatar
    Thanks

Just don't update to 6.1 unless he tells us too.simple

King Kong ain't got nothing on me! King_O_Hill's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 17,590 Times in 6,425 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by iLoveWindows&iPhone View Post
    So Planetbeing claims he didn't release a jailbreak on 6.0.1 (or 2) because he wanted to save the exploits for a 6.1 jailbreak once it got released...

But he was expecting 6.1 to fix these exploits anyways, therefore effectively "burning" the exploits.

So is he (we) just hoping for a miracle? Crossing his fingers hoping that Apple won't patch the exploits...but thinking that they most likely will?

If this is really the case, waiting for 6.1 was a hugggeeeee gamble. True, It would be better to have a jailbreak on 6.1 over 6.0.1...But if you have a jailbreak that works perfectly on 6.0.1, and don't release it because there is a SMALL chance it will work with 6.1....your taking a big gamble...and i believe a bad gamble.
    You either just glanced at his comments or you just don't understand what you read. Either way, just hang tight, you will be ok. Just in case, maybe you should keep your fingers crossed.
    Widget-Weather App Now Available! Also with MyLocation Support!
    Check out the thread here - Widget-Weather
    To install the Widget-Weather app, just go to Cydia and install. This will also remove MyLocation, as it is built in!
    Want to protect your JailBreak! Add this repo http://cydia.myrepospace.com/iLEXiNFO/ & Install "iLEX R.A.T."
    It will allow you to bring your phone back to a fresh jailbroken state!

Thanks
    Thanked 3,855 Times in 884 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Jj2345 View Post
    Just don't update to 6.1 unless he tells us too.simple
    Highly doubtful jb will be released once apple stops signing 6.0.2 if the jb isn't comparable with 6.1

19. The Following User Says Thank You to subywrex For This Useful Post:

King_O_Hill (01-11-2013)

Thanks
    Thanked 9,070 Times in 4,562 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by subywrex View Post
    Highly doubtful jb will be released once apple stops signing 6.0.2 if the jb isn't comparable with 6.1
    Exactly. The dev's pattern this last time was to wait for 5.1 and then the JB they released worked for 5.0.1-->5.1.1. That's what'll happen this time likely too. It's a good strategy if you think about.

And I think a couple people are confused about Planetbeing's comments in the same way I was before I understood one important thing: the Devs always need to keep '1' exploit for themselves ONLY - that they never plan to EVER release to public - so that they have a path into future iOS updates to do research on new future jail breaks. Of the 4 exploits they've been working with this time (one of them being one for themselves only) 1 of the remaining 3 they expect Apple to close in 6.1. From what I read that gives us hope that one of the other 2 Apple won't close off in 6.1 that could be our JB.

But even if my details on the 4 exploits isn't quite right - the point about keeping one exploit for themselves is an important thing to learn about this process. I've been around JBs for a long time but I never understood that one detail.. that they need to keep one JB for themselves to always keep the door open for future research. I thought they were able to do the research simply by having access to the code as beta testers with Dev accounts.
    Here to help if I can. If I can't I know someone who can!

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I wouldn't be expecting an untethered jailbreak. I'm doing what Sauric is, running 5.1.1 on iPhone 4s. Gotta have JB! The native Google Maps that's on 5.1.1 is unbeatable. The imaging data that Google has is one thing Apple won't The new G Maps doesn't have the ability to touch and have pin drop>picture! I'm surprised I haven't seen more talk about the demise of **********, excellize and hackulo.us!

Thanks
    Thanked 3,855 Times in 884 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by silvan619 View Post
    I wouldn't be expecting an untethered jailbreak. I'm doing what Sauric is, running 5.1.1 on iPhone 4s. Gotta have JB! The native Google Maps that's on 5.1.1 is unbeatable. The imaging data that Google has is one thing Apple won't The new G Maps doesn't have the ability to touch and have pin drop>picture! I'm surprised I haven't seen more talk about the demise of **********, excellize and hackulo.us!
    Cause why talk about it? Lol

Sorry you live in an area that maybe apple maps doesn't work that well but, for me apple maps beats the old google maps app out of the water. Turn by turn , yelp integration, more powerful Siri integration.

Anyway the jb has already been revealed as untethered. A lot of people thing that a tethered JB is the first step. It's not, the type of exploit used determines weather or not its tethered. For devices like iPhone 4, they have a boot rom exploit that can't be patched because its a hardware vuln. The way by exploit that type of vuln requires code to be injected at a certain time, thus the need to "tether" your device on boot

Thanks
    Thanked 2,189 Times in 980 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by subywrex View Post
    Cause why talk about it? Lol

Sorry you live in an area that maybe apple maps doesn't work that well but, for me apple maps beats the old google maps app out of the water. Turn by turn , yelp integration, more powerful Siri integration.

Anyway the jb has already been revealed as untethered. A lot of people thing that a tethered JB is the first step. It's not, the type of exploit used determines weather or not its tethered. For devices like iPhone 4, they have a boot rom exploit that can't be patched because its a hardware vuln. The way by exploit that type of vuln requires code to be injected at a certain time, thus the need to "tether" your device on boot
    Still can't believe so many people don't understand what a tethered and untethered jailbreak requires.