+ Reply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Counterfeit Apple Lightning Cables and Adaptors Seized En Route

is a discussion within the

Mac News

forums, a part of the

General Apple/Mac

section;
I've got a 27 foot iphone 5 cable
    iPhone? More like MyPhone Colwood's Avatar
    Thanks

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Colwood View Post
    Size isn't everything

My iPhone is a Part of Me iRevival's Avatar
    Thanks

All they had to do was leave the apple logo off. Nothing illegal about an aftermarket cable. I have a couple aftermarket ones that seem to work fine for charging. They don't plug in as nicely though.
    Twitter: @irevivalrepairs | Instagram: @irevivalrepairs

iPhone 4/4S Frame Swappers:
    Don't forget about that sim tray lever!
    iPhone 5 Frame Swappers:
    Don't forget about those screen clips!

iPhone? More like MyPhone Colwood's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by docmagoo2 View Post
    Size isn't everything
    Well it's nice and your probably jelly

2k1
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,065 Times in 4,206 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Colwood View Post
    Well it's nice and your probably jelly
    Biscuits and jelly?

Thanks

Im sure Apple could have incorporated the same Lightning tech into the 30 pin that we've been using for 4 years or so..but that would not make a ton of instant $$, as we all already own 1,2,3,4 of them with all of our upgrades to get to the iPhone 5. We know why it was created. At the end of the day there are ways to get cheaper Lightning connectors..stop complaining and order some haha!

Thanks
    Thanked 2,268 Times in 1,007 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by thomax00 View Post
    Why destroy 'em?

Test, and then, if applicable, destroy ... c'mon ... create a little bit of competition will ya?!?
    +1
    Sell them to me!!!

My iPhone is a Part of Me iLoveWindows&iPhone's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by bigboyz View Post
    Im sure Apple could have incorporated the same Lightning tech into the 30 pin that we've been using for 4 years or so..but that would not make a ton of instant $$, as we all already own 1,2,3,4 of them with all of our upgrades to get to the iPhone 5. We know why it was created. At the end of the day there are ways to get cheaper Lightning connectors..stop complaining and order some haha!
    It's not always about the money, and in this case I believe it is not. We have been using the old connector for eons. It's not like Apple makes a new connector every year. "Lightning" is a true upgrade: Faster, smaller, sexier, and so far seems more durable. I really don't know what all the fuss is about.
    El Zurdo

Thanks

While I'm sure the extra money from iPhone users upgrading their spare cables was a nice bonus (and was probably even discussed while making the decision to use the lightning specification), I assure you that changing the form factor of iDevice cable connectors was not (at least primarily, secondarily, etc.) motivated by a thirst for profit. The new lighting connector is faster, smaller, more durable, and easier to use than its predecessor, all attributes made possible by the new form factor. These are the primary reasons we now use the lightning cable, not Apple's (and every other corporation's, for that matter) ruthless waste of resources for monetary gain.

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by regkilla View Post
    screw counterfeits. nothing better than the real deal.
    LoL.... You're the perfect consumer! Or perfect sucker.... still haven't decided.

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

Huh? Lightning != Thunderbolt. The technical improvements WERE the connector itself, so: No. It couldn't be "incorporated...into the 30 pin [connector] we've been using for years."

Silly.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Ozdude View Post
    Anyone notice that while the knock off cables from Amazon work fine to connect to charge and link to PC, the Lightning adapter knockoffs however are garbage. Where the real ones work properly on docks and in cars etc, the knock offs don't pass any audio at all. I kind of suspected this might be the case so I won't be buying any more of them. I've used the single adapter I bought at same time as the 3 cables to just charge my phone on my bedside dock, as I fortunately almost never play music through that dock.
    I have had no issues with 2 that I have purchased, however i must state that I did not purchase from amazon, so it may be an issue with their importer/ manufacturer.
    On January 24th, Apple Computer will introduce Macintosh. And you'll see why 1984 won't be like "1984."

My iPhone is a Part of Me iRevival's Avatar
    Thanks

They did. They made an adapter. The old 30 pin connector has been used by apple for far longer than 4 years, it was time for a change. Are they profiting from that? Yes. But I doubt they did it to supplement their already massive income.
    Twitter: @irevivalrepairs | Instagram: @irevivalrepairs

iPhone 4/4S Frame Swappers:
    Don't forget about that sim tray lever!
    iPhone 5 Frame Swappers:
    Don't forget about those screen clips!

+ Reply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12