+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Apple's iRadio Expected to Debut This Year

is a discussion within the

Mac News

forums, a part of the

General Apple/Mac

section;
One of 2012's most persistent rumors is rearing its head once more in the early days of 2013. Sources in the know maintain that Apple is locked in talks with
    MMi Staff Writer Michael Essany's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,479 Times in 565 Posts

Default Apple's iRadio Expected to Debut This Year

One of 2012's most persistent rumors is rearing its head once more in the early days of 2013.

Sources in the know maintain that Apple is locked in talks with the recording industry's top labels in hopes of negotiating a deal that would allow Apple to launch its own dedicated digital radio service. Based on the latest chatter, the service looks set to launch this year.

The Pandora-like service, which would be advertising-supported, has been held up in talks so far because all parties involved are yet to figure out how they will share ad revenue.

Late Thursday, the tech blogosphere got wind of what well-connected BTIG analyst Richard Greenfield provocatively stated this week.

"Consumer behavior (is) increasingly shifting toward access to a music catalog from ownership of specific songs. We expect iRadio to be incorporated into the iTunes iOS app with personalized radio functionality akin to Pandora, integrated with iTunes to purchase music and other music related content such as concert information/tickets/merchandise via Live Nation (LYV) and Ticketmaster."

According to Greenfield, any further delays in the launch of the service will solely hing upon ironing out details over song catalogs and what they are worth.

Source: BTIG

Banned
    Thanks

This rumor started with the iPhone 3G and its never come to show. I doubt it ever will.

My iPhone is a Part of Me bmwraw8482's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by StanSmith View Post
    This rumor started with the iPhone 3G and its never come to show. I doubt it ever will.
    Wrong! It'll be pre-installed on the new (yet to be announced) apple HDTV

Thanks
    Thanked 2,080 Times in 936 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by bmwraw8482 View Post
    Wrong! It'll be pre-installed on the new (yet to be announced) apple HDTV
    ...and in the new (yet to be announced), iCar!

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

I'd be happy if they just put a regular radio inside so I can listen to local stations while at work. Without unlimited data I'd chew up my 3gb pretty quickly.

My iPhone is a Part of Me PokemonDesigner's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by thazsar View Post
    ...and in the new (yet to be announced), iCar!
    Can't forget the new (yet I be announced) iToilet. That's right. Apple truly will invade your privacy this time.

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Rumors will come out a long time ago but this will happen. The next step to iCloud is interactive clouds. Like music streaming movie streaming etc. this is happening very soon that's why grooveshark and pandora etc. are so popular

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by PokemonDesigner View Post
    Can't forget the new (yet I be announced) iToilet. That's right. Apple truly will invade your privacy this time.
    now this is just good comedy!!

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks
    I'm so tired of this naming strategy. I know they are stuck with using it and it's been WILDLY successful but it's old. It's over used and frankly, it's not very professional. It just seems childish.