+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Steve Jobs Biopic Set for April Release

is a discussion within the

Mac News

forums, a part of the

General Apple/Mac

section;
It may not have the cinematic hype of a Twilight or Star Wars film...(I blame Ashton Kutcher more than Steve Jobs for that, by the way) but the long-awaited biopic
    MMi Staff Writer Michael Essany's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,475 Times in 562 Posts

Default Steve Jobs Biopic Set for April Release

It may not have the cinematic hype of a Twilight or Star Wars film...(I blame Ashton Kutcher more than Steve Jobs for that, by the way) but the long-awaited biopic about the irrepressible life and legacy of the Apple co-founder is coming to theaters this spring.

According to an announcement today in The Hollywood Reporter, the film is simply called jOBS.

The film stars Ashton Kutcher as Apple co-founder Jobs is said to chronicle the defining 30 years of the tech guru's life, from the creation of Apple, his ousting in 1985, the founding of NeXT Computer, the purchase of Pixar and his subsequent return to Apple in 1996.
    On January 27th, however, jOBS makes its worldwide premiere as the closing-night film of the Sundance Film Festival. The film also stars Dermot Mulroney, Josh Gad, Lukas Haas, J.K. Simmons and Matthew Modine.

"jOBS is certain to resonate with audiences, and we are thrilled to partner with Five Star Feature Films to bring this film to theaters," Tom Ortenberg, Open Road CEO, tells THR.

Source: The Hollywood Reporter

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Even with Kutcher, this Biopic sounds better than the Sorkin one but neither sound brilliant.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I don't know why but I loved Pirates of Silicon Valley. Maybe it's because I was so young and was influenced by my father, who was a prime example of the original Apple "fanboy". I was old enough to understand how controlling and cruel he was yet I still respected him for what he accomplished. I know he didn't make the product but he had the vision.

Livin the iPhone Life steve-z17's Avatar
    Thanks

How dare you blame Kutcher! He's given us so many things to laugh about........ I hope this is good!

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by steve-z17 View Post
    How dare you blame Kutcher! He's given us so many things to laugh about........ I hope this is good!
    You mean his LOL life as the granny ******??? And a half assed half a man replacement???

Green Apple
    Thanks

Umm... is that Kutcher or Jobs in the picture? I honestly can't tell. lol

Thanks

I hope they include things we DON'T actually now..that would be nice.

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

I can't believe you people, thinking that an actor represents the person. You guys worship jobs like a god and Ashton like the devil. Pretty much every actor out there who could play jobs is a dumb *** like kutcher. Also don't forget JOBS was also a dumb *** at that age. I mean he was smart however he was reckless etc.

Also they look exactly alike quit complaining. And seriously it's an actor they all have problems but that doesn't mean the person they play does.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Mrteacup For This Useful Post:

Airwaves182 (01-05-2013)

iPhone? More like MyPhone Airwaves182's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by zrevai View Post
    You mean his LOL life as the granny ******??? And a half assed half a man replacement???
    He gets paid millions$$, gets fine b*tches, millions of fans, good looks.. Seems like you're jealous. Get a life.