Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Samsung May Beat Apple to the Punch on HDTV Glory Next Year

Samsung should patent shape on TVs like apple patent shapes on phone before Apple starts moving

2. The Following User Says Thank You to d_animality For This Useful Post:

Jj2345 (01-01-2013)

What about a HDTV with a front camera lol

Quote Originally Posted by StanSmith View Post
    Samsung already make TVs and have for many years. All this is Apple trying to steal the limelight and take all credit again for something someone else has already done for many years.
    Please stop. If you think Apple is just going to make a TV then you have no idea what you're talking about. Sure, Apple hasn't been the first to do something, like create the phone, but they reinvent the new standard for everyone else.

Quote Originally Posted by rkswat View Post
    Ummmm wtf are you talk about? WTF do you think HD tv is? What would be the point of a "retina" screen that you're sitting 10 feet away? Stupid is as stupid does for sure.
    You seem to have forgotten what "retina" means in relation to displays (not the biological definition). When Apple coined it, they said it is the maximum detail the eye can discern at the usable distance. The DPI for "retina" at 10' is much lower than a phone or tablet. The "point" would be exactly the same.

Quote Originally Posted by bmwraw8482 View Post
    I hope it has rounded corners so the lawsuits can continue
    This actually made my day

I thought so too, so I bought my brand new $3000 60ES8000, and it suffers from flashlight and cloudiness. This is the second replacement I've received with the same problem. Smart features are slow as hell too. But the tv does look nice on my wall when off.

Quote Originally Posted by jOnGarrett View Post
    Samsung has been making TVs for decades, they have plenty of patents and have been a leader in innovation.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by jOnGarrett View Post
    Samsung has been making TVs for decades, they have plenty of patents and have been a leader in innovation.
    Yes, they are great with hightech hardware which is 99% of what big *** sceen is, can't say the same about their software or originality on their software. When I was shopping for a TV I was mostly looking for Samsung myself, they are very nice however I ended up with an LG simply because of a really good deal. Still happy with an LG and I probably would buy a Samsung as my next TV depending on what was on the market.

Quote Originally Posted by Norb View Post
    Yes, they are great with hightech hardware which is 99% of what big *** sceen is, can't say the same about their software or originality on their software. When I was shopping for a TV I was mostly looking for Samsung myself, they are very nice however I ended up with an LG simply because of a really good deal. Still happy with an LG and I probably would buy a Samsung as my next TV depending on what was on the market.
    Based on this, you would probably never be interested in an Apple HDTV. The likely astronomical price alone would put it at the bottom of your list, if on your list at all.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by RokeSmoreMeefer View Post
    Based on this, you would probably never be interested in an Apple HDTV. The likely astronomical price alone would put it at the bottom of your list, if on your list at all.
    The LG had local dimming and was $1500 for a 55" a while ago, A Samsung with local dimming was at least $1000 more (it was just a great sale I was told about by a friend who works in retail). I actually got a lot more TV than I originally intended and a brand I was comfortable with. I don't care at all about any type of software functionality of the TV because it's only used like a monitor running XBMC.

We still have no clue what Apple will offer in a TV but I bet it'll integrate well with their other products... It still may not be what I'm looking for but it's a bit early to tell.

iPhone? More like MyPhone rockyseay's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by holyshnikes View Post
    I doubt these TVs are going to be anything like how they are now. So those arguing that Samsungs been doing it for years...that doesn't mean anything. Look at the history of apple. They weren't the first with the smartphone either...but iPhone changed the way every company makes phones.
    They were the first with a phone of its kind so you are completely wrong

Quote Originally Posted by TechnoUniversity View Post
    They were the first with a phone of its kind so you are completely wrong
    Isn't that exactly his point? If Apple come out with a TV it is likely to be something so completely different that comparing them to Amsung TVs will be irrelivent.
    He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.

Quote Originally Posted by Norb View Post
    Allways buy LG over Samsung purly because Samsung release the tech first then LG work on making it better at no extra cost. Ive got a 32" 720p LG that performs so much better than my parents 1080p Samsung
    No Sig Spam..

Thanks

Ok ok ok. We have heard the rants. We have heard some facts. Here is my opinion...Yes Samsung has been in the TV game for a long time. Why have they not given us a voice command TV(Siri like)?? Why has nothing been said until now? On the other end Apple will still beat it as it will be integrated with your current Apple hardware. No learning curve..:]

iPhone? More like MyPhone PSYC0TIC ONE's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by rkswat View Post
    Ummmm wtf are you talking about? WTF do you think HD tv is? What would be the point of a "retina" screen that you're sitting 10 feet away from? Stupid is as stupid does for sure.
    really rkTWAT? why the insults? when 90% of the people have other devices that attach to their TV's that support 90% of the crap that these "smart tv's" have... Like an xbox or a PS3, that has netflix, and now internet browsing, facebook etc... what purpose will the TV with apps have that aren't covered with other peripherals...

the display is really the only thing that will really impress me, and not all of us sit 10 ft away...
    2012 B8 Audi //S4
    -Cliff
    [CENTER]DISCLAIMER: ASSUME THE ABOVE WAS POSTED AS A SMART A55 COMMENT UNLESS OTHERWISE NOTED

If you sit 10 ft away how are you supposed to reach the touchscreen?
    He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.

Sorry but apple are too late for a tv , plus most people who buy tv's buy one when the old one breaks down , being forced to buy a new apple tv wont work , plus the name apple want to use will never happen (itv ) as the uk broadcaster will never give apple the name or as apple always want the .com , first apple need content , something they lack outside the usa , look at the itunes stores around the world , some dont even have movies and most dont have tv shows ,untill thats sorted out an apple tv will just be a waist of money , cheaper to stick one of those free apple stickers on your tv and use the current small apple tv box

Another blast from the past!

I tend to agree with you, but Apple have a habit of changing the game. No one thought they could make a phone but look what happened there.

Love 'em or hate 'em - Samsung is really innovating in the mobile and consumer electronics industry. They are far more innovative RIGHT NOW then Apple is.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12