+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Apple's MacBook Pro and MacBook Air said to Retain Current Designs for Next Refresh

is a discussion within the

Mac News

forums, a part of the

General Apple/Mac

section;
    Thanks

Default Apple's MacBook Pro and MacBook Air said to Retain Current Designs for Next Refresh

Apple is said to be upgrading the MacBook Pro and MacBook Air product lines in June 2013 with upgraded specifications but no major design changes. According to DigiTimes, Taiwanese supply chain sources are saying Apple recently issued requests for quotations (RFQs) for a number of notebooks, including the MacBook Pro and MacBook Air, with the new models slated to reach consumers in June 2013.

The details are scarce regarding the revised MacBook Pro as the publication focused its report on the effect Apple’s MacBook Air will have on so-called Ultrabook makers next year. For 2013, Apple’s ultrathin lineup is said to be switching to a new processor platform, which is likely to be Intel’s next-generation Haswell architecture.

As far as the design goes, sources are saying no major changes are planned for either product line. While the MacBook Pro lineup was the recipient of a recent design overhaul with the Retina display model, non-Retina versions will sport a unibody chassis which is largely unaltered since its debut in 2008. The MacBook Air’s enclosure was revamped in 2010, taking on a more angular look as Apple applied design cues learned from its development of the iPad.

The publication also suggests that Apple may be looking to cut MacBook Air prices ahead of the June launch but such a move is probably unlikely since the company has no history of discounting products prior to a newer version’s release. It should be pointed out that the publication made a similar claim in May when it incorrectly predicted that Apple would introduce a $799 version of the MacBook Air in the third quarter of 2012.

Ultimately, we’ll have to wait and see what’s true and what’s not after Apple makes an official announcement.

Source: DigiTimes

Twitter: @AkshayMasand

My iPhone is a Part of Me klouud's Avatar
    Thanks

The only thing the MBA needs is to fix the overheat problems while using wifi. Other than that, I live my 2011 MBA. NO CHANGES NECESSARY (outside of the above)

Livin the iPhone Life Silverado1987's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,328 Times in 722 Posts

I don't think it should change.

iPhone? More like MyPhone Airwaves182's Avatar
    Thanks

Agree with these guys!^