+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: 'Apple Aperture X' Referenced in New Book

is a discussion within the

Mac News

forums, a part of the

General Apple/Mac

section;
"Apple Aperture X" is yet to be formally announced by the Cupertino, California-based tech giant, but the software for professional photographers is going to be updated soon. At least that's
    MMi Staff Writer Michael Essany's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,479 Times in 565 Posts

Default 'Apple Aperture X' Referenced in New Book

"Apple Aperture X" is yet to be formally announced by the Cupertino, California-based tech giant, but the software for professional photographers is going to be updated soon. At least that's what some are deducing from the title of a new book that's now available for preorder on Amazon.

"Apple Aperture X - under NDA: A Workflow Guide for Digital Photographers" is set for release on March 1, 2013. The authors are Ken McMahon and Nik Rawlinson, and the publishing house is Focal Press, one of the leading and most widely respected publishers in the world for technical books of this nature.

For the sake of full disclosure, I am a published author with Focal Press and can personally attest to the stringent standards to which authors and projects are held. So if any information can be gleaned from the title of this book, I'm confident enough to bet on the information's accuracy and credibility.

So apart from the book's publishing credentials, even the name "Aperture X" makes sense when you consider Apple's recent string of X-branded upgrades. Most notably, the "X" moniker came with the Final Cut Pro X update that launched in 2011.

For now, there are few other details to report or confirm. But look for more headlines surrounding Apple Aperture X as we get closer to spring.

Source: Amazon

Thanks
    Thanked 3,855 Times in 884 Posts

Excited for this. I love aperture

iPhone? More like MyPhone Venom1234's Avatar
    Thanks

I love Michael Essany.

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Will they gimp the functionality like they did with Quicktime X and Final Cut Pro X? The "X" moniker is not something I associate with quality applications (excluding Mac OS X as an OS)