Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Report Claims Apple Working With Intel on Apple Branded Watch

Default Report Claims Apple Working With Intel on Apple Branded Watch

A report from iPhone.tgbus.com citing supply chain sources claims Apple and Intel are currently working together on an Apple branded Bluetooth smart watch.

Take the rumor with a grain of salt, but the only reason it seems even remotely plausible is the success of the iPod nano watch market. Previous speculation regarding a wearable iPod nano predicted a device like this, but speculation and actual evidence in Apple’s supply chain are two completely different beasts.

While the report should be taken with a very fine grain of salt, the reported specs include a 1.5-inch OLED screen from RiTdisplay. The partnership with Intel seems odd though. Intel isn’t known for small, power efficient processors, and it seems unlikely Apple would utilize any processor in their current lineup. Unless Intel has a new line of unannounced processors, or is gifting Apple a different tech altogether, the partnership between the two seems unlikely.

Apple announced a slew of products in the last few months of 2012, and the “Watch” is reportedly supposed to fill the gap in the beginning of the year between WWDC and could be a response to Sony’s recently launched Bluetooth smart watch. However, if I were a betting man I’d guess this product doesn’t see the light of day. If it exists at all.

Source: iPhone.tgbus.com [via 9to5Mac]

My iPhone is a Part of Me luvmytj's Avatar
    Thanks

I use a Nano and the aluminum Lunatik band for a watch. It is at the maximum size I would want to wear.
    If it is going to be as big as the photo shows, I wouldn't want one.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to luvmytj For This Useful Post:

*T* (12-27-2012)

This could be COOL!!
    Especially if it could also work in conjuction with my i5. Perhaps text messages could pop up and it could show me who is calling so I don't have to take the device out of my pocket if I'm out jogging? Some custom interfaces would be a nice touch and make me want it....

Is the jailbreak out for this yet?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Greatbiguns View Post
    This could be COOL!!
    Especially if it could also work in conjuction with my i5. Perhaps text messages could pop up and it could show me who is calling so I don't have to take the device out of my pocket if I'm out jogging? Some custom interfaces would be a nice touch and make me want it....
    Yes. I agree totally.

Quote Originally Posted by Shepherd1196 View Post
    Haha!!!!! Yeah.

iPhone? More like MyPhone HovikGas's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Shepherd1196 View Post
    Let's get a public jailbreak for current devices, then we can worry about hypotheticals... Haha

8. The Following User Says Thank You to HovikGas For This Useful Post:

iH85CH001 (12-27-2012)

Quote Originally Posted by luvmytj View Post
    I use a Nano and the aluminum Lunatik band for a watch. It is at the maximum size I would want to wear.
    If it is going to be as big as the photo shows, I wouldn't want one.
    I too use the same, but the one in the photo is pretty sexy.
    -= Formally known as SiLeNtKiLLa =-

Would be very cool if an official Apple watch is released. I was going to get a iPod Nano and LunaTik but didn't like the fact that the watch display would turn off. So I skipped it. Just a few days ago I stumbled on a KickStarter project (now finished) for a bluetooth watch that could display incoming info such as emails, texts, alerts etc. Am considering getting the Pebble. Would be excellent for notifications when I'm hiking or running.

If the official Apple watch is true I hope its a bit smaller though (ie old iPod Nano size) cause the one pictured is a beast LOL

Super Sweet Moderator thetoothfairy's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,003 Times in 565 Posts

I would love one of these! There were rumors about these a couple years ago but nothing ever came of it yet...

Quote Originally Posted by thetoothfairy View Post
    I would love one of these! There were rumors about these a couple years ago but nothing ever came of it yet...
    Was it may 2nd, 2010? Cuz that's the date on the watch. lol

I'm waiting for a apple designed diaper. I wonder what apps might come with it. and will it be touchscreen?

Default I dont see myself wearing that here
    No thanks