+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Apple Appeals Court Ruling in a Renewed Attempt to Ban Samsung Phones

is a discussion within the

Mac News

forums, a part of the

General Apple/Mac

section;
    Thanks

Default Apple Appeals Court Ruling in a Renewed Attempt to Ban Samsung Phones

In a recent court filing, Apple announced its intent to appeal to a ruling handed down from Judge Lucy Koh, denying a Samsung product ban, saying that the issue will be taken to the U.S. Court of Appeals. According to the document which was originally discovered by the folks over at CNET, Apple has given the Court notice that it has begun the process of filing an appeal to the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit.

For those of you who are unaware, in a previous pair of rulings, Judge Koh denied the Cupertino California company’s motion for a permanent injunction against 26 Samsung phones, while also shooting down a request for a retrial over jury misconduct allegations. Judge Lucy Koh said that she found no causal link that justifies an injunction against the devices a jury found to have infringed on Apple-held design and utility patents. She continued by saying that it would not be in the public’s best interest to cease the sales of Samsung handsets when only a limited number of features were found to be too similar in what would otherwise be seen as complex handsets.

The Cupertino California company’s notice comes just one day after Samsung filed a document informing the court that the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office invalidated the Cupertino California company’s “pinch to zoom” patent, which was one of the key intellectual properties that the company used to leverage and reach the $1.05 billion decision in August.

As of right now, Judge Koh is set to make determinations on other post-trial motions in the upcoming days. One of the most important rulings is the one on damages, where Apple wants to see an increase in the payout while Samsung wants them to cut down by hundreds of millions of dollars. The ongoing argument between the two tech giants is set to continue as neither of them are seeing eye to eye on anything.

Source: CNET

Twitter: @AkshayMasand

Banned
    Thanks

Apple, GET OVER IT! You have competition.
    OR should I say you are Samsungs competition as they were into mobile phones way before you were and by what you've been doing lately they will be into mobile phones long after you've killed yourself off. Keep doing what your doing and Samsung wont have any competition soon.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Default lol
    Quote Originally Posted by StanSmith View Post
    OR should I say you are Samsungs competition as they were into mobile phones way before you were and by what you've been doing lately they will be into mobile phones long after you've killed yourself off. Keep doing what your doing and Samsung wont have any competition soon.
    I so agree with you. their patents and 'competition' is getting rather dull and boring.

dsg
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,768 Times in 707 Posts

I think Appl£ and $am$ung need to grow up

iPhone? More like MyPhone Colin9001's Avatar
    Thanks

🍦🍦🍦🍦🍦🍦🍦🍦🍦🍦🍦

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Colin9001 For This Useful Post:

Mrteacup (12-21-2012)

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by StanSmith View Post
    agreed 100%.......
    Live Wire

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Apple should focus on bettering its products rather than get into these so called patent-wars. its a waste of money, time and resources. (agreed you can win a billion dollars in a lawsuit) but the point is, This crab mentality will get you nowhere. rise up. but not by pulling others down.

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Colin9001 View Post
    🍦🍦🍦🍦🍦🍦🍦🍦🍦🍦🍦
    That's a very controversial point but I must disagree cause 🍪🍪🍪🍪🍪🍪🍪🍪🍪🍪🍪

My iPhone is a Part of Me hogcia's Avatar
    Thanks

Apple & Samsung should just UNITE! isamsung....