+ Reply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 21 to 39 of 39

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.


Thread: Time: Tim Cook Made Apple 'His Own' in 2012

is a discussion within the

Mac News

forums, a part of the

General Apple/Mac

section;
This is way to early. Before we even see Tim cooks work it will have to be 2013 for his really early stuff and probably 2015 when we see his
...
  1. #21
    Livin the iPhone Life
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    1,088
    Thanks
    46
    Thanked 35 Times in 29 Posts

    This is way to early. Before we even see Tim cooks work it will have to be 2013 for his really early stuff and probably 2015 when we see his actual ideas and products. He's been CEO for a year, companies don't make a prototype and release it the day they acknowledge its functionality.

  2. #22
    iPhoneaholic NSXrebel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    446
    Thanks
    12
    Thanked 34 Times in 29 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by NewdestinyX View Post
    I agree with this 100%.. With respect - Steve passed away just in time. He, the great Jobs, was also out of ideas. It's rare to be at a certain place in history where there are truly NEW devices to invent. What did Jobs 'invent' from '96 when they fired him to when he took over the company again?? Nothing!!
    You're a DA. First of all, Steve Jobs got fired in 1985. During that time he created NeXT computers, the basis for what became OSX. The world wide web was also started with a NeXT computer. Also during this time, he acquired the graphics division from Lucasfilm and created Pixar.

    Quote Originally Posted by Mrteacup View Post
    This is way to early. Before we even see Tim cooks work it will have to be 2013 for his really early stuff and probably 2015 when we see his actual ideas and products. He's been CEO for a year, companies don't make a prototype and release it the day they acknowledge its functionality.
    +1 Too early to make any judgements on Tim Cook.

  3. #23
    iPhoneaholic AUZambo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    469
    Thanks
    47
    Thanked 38 Times in 28 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by bigboyz View Post
    I feel that he has handled the pressure/transition very well but what exactly has he innovated? You say Jobs worked on the iPhone 5 as it was his last hoorah. What exactly has Tim Cook done to revolutionize Apple in the last year or so?? If you have any examples please relate them. Im looking at it this way, he had a great leader and many years to emulate this leader. He had a roadmap so to speak to follow after Jobs passed. We won't really know what he has done on his own for years to come. I think the iPhone 5 is nice but not revolutionary by any means. Will be interesting to have this revisited in 5-10 years. Then we can form a REAL opinion without any clouds in our way :]
    People who expect Apple to come out with something innovative every year, or even every two years are being completely unrealistic. Apple has only release 4 innovative products in their entire history: the Apple I (1976), the iPod (2001), the iPhone (2007), and the iPad (2010)....and even the iPad wasn't all that innovative considering it's basically a larger iPod touch with more uses.

    I think the current mission for Apple is to simply improve the products they have, and I don't think it'd be much different if Jobs was here. Sure, they're probably batting around some ideas for future innovative products (TV?) but I'm not expecting a ground breaking release any time soon...and I wouldn't be expecting it even with Jobs at the helm.

  4. #24
    Previously Known as A.T MetallicaFan1991's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Manchester, UK
    Posts
    1,582
    Thanks
    188
    Thanked 111 Times in 94 Posts

    TIME need to GTFO.
    If anything, Apple's getting worse since under his wing! Get rid of him as CEO.

  5. #25
    iPhone? More like MyPhone Alluziion's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Wales, UK.
    Posts
    113
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 6 Times in 5 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by mustard05 View Post
    I thought he bought/invested in Pixar. He was the money man. He want a visionary like people make it out to be in regards to Pixar.
    You're right that he didn't invent Pixar but he did turn the company around and was key to its success.

  6. #26
    Green Apple Alexdakidd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    68
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by Alluziion View Post
    Steve and Cook and are two very different people.

    Steve - An innovator and leader that never gave up on what he believed in. He could see the future of technology and recognised the importance of the very fine details. However, a very harsh and stubborn man who would throw a fit if he couldn't get his own way; difficult to work with and very demanding.

    Cooke - Not an innovator but a great leader. Much easier to work with, less demanding of his subordinates and is less a fan of litigation than Steve. It's unlikely to be as innovative as Steve but he's a man who has EARNED the respect of Apple's fans, customers, employees and even competitors; and after all, Apple have plenty of other innovators such As Jonathan Ive and Bob Mansfield.

    It's really annoying seeing how ignorant some of the community are here in the field of Business.
    How big are their cocks...? I mean. Cmon man do you know steve or tim personally? Without stevo (who in my eyes is a legend) would tim cooke be in charge at all?

  7. #27
    Green Apple Jokadaking's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    87
    Thanks
    35
    Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
    If there is no jailbreak the sales will drop tremendously

  8. #28
    King Theme-aling subywrex's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    2,634
    Thanks
    334
    Thanked 3,852 Times in 883 Posts

    Lol at the posts on this thread!! First. The iPhone 5 is amazing. Did it blow my mind? No. Is it far better than the 4s? Yes. I loved my 4s so why wouldn't I love something that is better? Lol.

    I laugh at everyone who thinks Jobs had nothing to do with the iPhone 5 lol. Think people need to open there minds a little more.

    Everyone compares cook to jobs and I never understand why. No one can compare to jobs. No one has revolutionized industries like jobs. Jobs was one of the best visionaries of any of our life times.

    I'm sorry to say it but everyone ******* and moans how horrible apple is with out jobs and Tim cook is horrible. Well come on people jobs is freaking dead!! You think apple had a choice. Everyone talks as if cook was chosen over jobs.

    Everyone knows that Tim will never be Steve, but who better else to take over than a man that worked the closes with Steve while he was at his best.

  9. #29
    ----NewD 2.0---- NewdestinyX's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    9,563
    Thanks
    3,934
    Thanked 8,708 Times in 4,397 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by subywrex View Post
    Everyone knows that Tim will never be Steve, but who better else to take over than a man that worked the closes with Steve while he was at his best.
    Yes, quite right - BUT a prudent intelligent person would be right to conclude that only a visionary like Jobs can keep Apple a leader. Cook is NOT that guy. He's a business head not a visionary. The last business head Apple put in charge ran them into the mid 90's disaster. Read up on Cook and his background. I'm skeptical.
    Here to help if I can. If I can't I know someone who can!

  10. #30
    King Theme-aling subywrex's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    2,634
    Thanks
    334
    Thanked 3,852 Times in 883 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by NewdestinyX View Post
    Yes, quite right - BUT a prudent intelligent person would be right to conclude that only a visionary like Jobs can keep Apple a leader. Cook is NOT that guy. He's a business head not a visionary. The last business head Apple put in charge ran them into the mid 90's disaster. Read up on Cook and his background. I'm skeptical.
    To judge someone's ability by articles and such and come to a conclusion on someone none of us have ever met or even know I would say is not right

    None of us know cook personally. Know his visions or ideas. All we know is what we see today. And what we see today was well in place before jobs left this earth

  11. #31
    ----NewD 2.0---- NewdestinyX's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    9,563
    Thanks
    3,934
    Thanked 8,708 Times in 4,397 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by subywrex View Post
    To judge someone's ability by articles and such and come to a conclusion on someone none of us have ever met or even know I would say is not right

    None of us know cook personally. Know his visions or ideas. All we know is what we see today. And what we see today was well in place before jobs left this earth
    The people who write the articles, Suby, HAVE met the man and followed his career. I'm never making 'opinion' comments when I speak into topics like this; it's from objective study of the man's career to date.

    But I am trying to be hopeful. The tech world needs an "innovative" Apple - not just an Apple upgrading its old ideas.

    I VERY MUCH want Cook to succeed and prove me wrong. Please, Tim?!!
    Here to help if I can. If I can't I know someone who can!

  12. #32
    My iPhone is a Part of Me mustard05's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    602
    Thanks
    11
    Thanked 21 Times in 16 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by NewdestinyX View Post
    The people who write the articles, Suby, HAVE met the man and followed his career. I'm never making 'opinion' comments when I speak into topics like this; it's from objective study of the man's career to date.

    But I am trying to be hopeful. The tech world needs an "innovative" Apple - not just an Apple upgrading its old ideas.

    I VERY MUCH want Cook to succeed and prove me wrong. Please, Tim?!!
    I would bet most of the writers haven't met Tim Cook. We live in journalism realm that's full of yellow journalism. Not to mention that most online articles are simply funneled from website to website. Basically, one journalist get an interview, then all of these other writers copy and paste the story, with a link to the original story, and somehow call it there own.

    Question, why is making the iPhone bigger and calling it an iPad innovative, but when the iPad is made smaller into a Mini, it's not innovative?

  13. #33
    King Theme-aling subywrex's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    2,634
    Thanks
    334
    Thanked 3,852 Times in 883 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by NewdestinyX View Post
    The people who write the articles, Suby, HAVE met the man and followed his career. I'm never making 'opinion' comments when I speak into topics like this; it's from objective study of the man's career to date.

    But I am trying to be hopeful. The tech world needs an "innovative" Apple - not just an Apple upgrading its old ideas.

    I VERY MUCH want Cook to succeed and prove me wrong. Please, Tim?!!
    Meeting someone is not knowing someone. Studying someone with what's documented is not knowing someone's though process and ambitions.

    If Steve jobs was so great and was assumed to love apple most in his life. Why would he leave Cook in charge when he was sick? Seems that everyone trusts jobs judgement but then reporters and bloggers like to skew reality.

    Fact is Steve saw something special in cook and in fact put him in charge to carry out his visions and dreams. I don't think we will ever see a visionary like jobs for a very log time. However we have yet to see what cook can do.

    Quote Originally Posted by mustard05 View Post

    Question, why is making the iPhone bigger and calling it an iPad innovative, but when the iPad is made smaller into a Mini, it's not innovative?
    Lol, the iPad is well more powerful than an iPhone. Just because it has the same interface does not make it a "bigger" iPod or iPhone. The iPad is different in ALOT of ways. The iPad was so revolutiony because until it came out tablets were VERY expensive and had interfaces designed for a mouse and keyboard. They were slow and touch interfaces were not very responsive.

    iPad was innovative and revolutionary because it changed an industry. Just like the iPhone. The iPhone was not the first hand held touch screen device. But it was the first to change an industry.

    People like to say apple is losing it because they are not overly WOWED every year.

    Why do people like android over apple? Has nothing to do with innovation. And has everything to do with apple being locked down. Also a lot do like the larger screen.

    Anyway these are just my thoughts and mine alone. I welcome anyone to share them with me or not haha.
    Last edited by subywrex; 12-22-2012 at 10:50 AM.

  14. #34
    My iPhone is a Part of Me mustard05's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    602
    Thanks
    11
    Thanked 21 Times in 16 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by subywrex View Post
    Meeting someone is not knowing someone. Studying someone with what's documented is not knowing someone's though process and ambitions.

    If Steve jobs was so great and was assumed to love apple most in his life. Why would he leave Cook in charge when he was sick? Seems that everyone trusts jobs judgement but then reporters and bloggers like to skew reality.

    Fact is Steve saw something special in cook and in fact put him in charge to carry out his visions and dreams. I don't think we will ever see a visionary like jobs for a very log time. However we have yet to see what cook can do.



    Lol, the iPad is well more powerful than an iPhone. Just because it has the same interface does not make it a "bigger" iPod or iPhone. The iPad is different in ALOT of ways. The iPad was so revolutiony because until it came out tablets were VERY expensive and had interfaces designed for a mouse and keyboard. They were slow and touch interfaces were not very responsive.

    iPad was innovative and revolutionary because it changed an industry. Just like the iPhone. The iPhone was not the first hand held touch screen device. But it was the first to change an industry.

    People like to say apple is losing it because they are not overly WOWED every year.

    Why do people like android over apple? Has nothing to do with innovation. And has everything to do with apple being locked down. Also a lot do like the larger screen.

    Anyway these are just my thoughts and mine alone. I welcome anyone to share them with me or not haha.
    You didn't answer my question.

  15. #35
    King Theme-aling subywrex's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    2,634
    Thanks
    334
    Thanked 3,852 Times in 883 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by mustard05 View Post
    You didn't answer my question.
    I did. I explained why the iPad was revolutionary. It changed an industry. The iPad mini is just a version of the iPad.

    Besides that your question was written as a rhetorical question and was kind of you being a smart ***. Lmao. (No offense really I mean that playfully not insulting)

    But really the argument that the iPad is just a big iPod was thrown out shortly after the iPad was released and people actually were able to use one. Lol
    Last edited by subywrex; 12-24-2012 at 12:42 PM.

  16. #36
    ----NewD 2.0---- NewdestinyX's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    9,563
    Thanks
    3,934
    Thanked 8,708 Times in 4,397 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by subywrex View Post
    Meeting someone is not knowing someone. Studying someone with what's documented is not knowing someone's though process and ambitions.
    This is not true. We make business decisions all the time without ever meeting a person or 'knowing' them personally. You can make a decision based on the man's 'record' in business. That information is well available about Cook. He is NOT an innovator and does not have an innovator's profile. Period.

    If Steve jobs was so great and was assumed to love apple most in his life, why would he leave Cook in charge when he was sick?
    He was sick a very long time, Suby. Very long.. He 'settled' on Cook as the best available. My comments and study lead me to question whether Cook is good 'enough'. He's not off to a good start - but his business decisions (even releasing Maps the way he did) is VERY consistent with his style. Remember, Suby - this isn't Cook's first company. He has a very followable record in business prior to Apple.
    Seems that everyone trusts jobs judgement but then reporters and bloggers like to skew reality.
    You have no way of knowing this my friend. We have to disagree strongly here and I would politely suggest you do your homework on Cook. Even your statement about 'everybody at Apple trusts Jobs' shows that your study on this topic is a 'bit thin'.. (not being an azz, bro.. just, trust me -- you need to do some more reading and not blindly trust - when we blindly trust we sound like Fanboys.. and that's not good).
    Fact is Steve saw something special in cook and in fact put him in charge to carry out his visions and dreams. I don't think we will ever see a visionary like jobs for a very log time.
    Reasonable statement. We agree here.
    However we have yet to see what cook can do.
    ..with Apple - you mean.... We CAN see what Cook's done in his other endeavors. It's a matter of record.


    Quote Originally Posted by subywrex View Post
    I did. I explained why the iPad was revolutionary. It changed an industry. The iPad mini is just a version of the iPad.

    But really the argument that the iPad is just a bit iPod was thrown out shortly after the iPad was released. Lol
    We agree 1000% on this topic!

  17. #37
    Full Moon Krima's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Nashville, Tn
    Posts
    3,042
    Thanks
    3,861
    Thanked 7,524 Times in 2,377 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by NewdestinyX View Post
    (not being an azz, bro.. just, trust me -- you need to do some more reading and not blindly trust - when we blindly trust
    Not trying to be an azz here but u r being an azz. U said jobs 'settled' on cook. How do u know what jobs was thinking. U nit pick others comments as "a bit thin" but make similar comments. So to quote u, "not being an azz" just my opinion. Merry Christmas everyone.

  18. #38
    King Theme-aling subywrex's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    2,634
    Thanks
    334
    Thanked 3,852 Times in 883 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by NewdestinyX View Post
    This is not true. We make business decisions all the time without ever meeting a person or 'knowing' them personally. You can make a decision based on the man's 'record' in business. That information is well available about Cook. He is NOT an innovator and does not have an innovator's profile. Period.
    Past is past. Jobs was fired from his own company at one point.

    He was sick a very long time, Suby. Very long.. He 'settled' on Cook as the best available. My comments and study lead me to question whether Cook is good 'enough'. He's not off to a good start - but his business decisions (even releasing Maps the way he did) is VERY consistent with his style. Remember, Suby - this isn't Cook's first company. He has a very followable record in business prior to Apple.
    Again here is assumption. I've never seen one publication that Steve "settled" for cook. Infant I think that statement is very ignorant lmao.

    I've neve thought I could make a theme until I worked with someone who was great at it. Now look at my themes lol.

    Point being, working under or with greatness can do a lot for someone.

    In fact we may see some things come out that people want that maybe Steve was agains but cook was for. We just don't know yet. Cook has some really big shoes to fill.



    You have no way of knowing this my friend. We have to disagree strongly here and I would politely suggest you do your homework on Cook. Even your statement about 'everybody at Apple trusts Jobs' shows that your study on this topic is a 'bit thin'.. (not being an azz, bro.. just, trust me -- you need to do some more reading and not blindly trust - when we blindly trust we sound like Fanboys.. and that's not good).
    So are you trying to say you know more about Cook than Jobs did when he approved of him being next in line? Lol.

    Also your miss understanding my argument. I'm not saying cook is good or bad. What I'm saying is people are to quick to throw someone out. You nor I know anything about cook other than what people publish.

    Articles and publications are written by people in there opinion. This may come as a shock to you, but publications can be not 100% accurate. Someone could easily make cook look like a rock star and easily make him look like an azz bag lol.

    I speak in generalities. When I say people trust jobs it's because 99% of comments talk about "I wish Steve was here this would never happen" "Steve's death was the death of apple" and all that BS. I am in no way claiming to know everything on this subject.

    But what's hard for me to beleive is that someone that is said to he the best CEO of this time and such a great bright visionary, hired and appointed a man that isn't fit for the job.


    ---

    But for real my friend none of this is said in anger. In fact I am really enjoying the discussion. Just bringing up some up some things to think about.

    Steve, never stopped. Sick or well. His brain was always on apple. One of Steve's friends said he once visited him in the hospital and while visiting him he was sitting there drawing out ideas in his hospital bed. Steve showed him how idea and what was on that paper was essentially an iPad. And this was years before the iPhone.

    Point being is sick or not didn't make Steve any less of the great mind he is.
    Last edited by subywrex; 12-24-2012 at 12:39 PM.

  19. #39
    Full Moon Krima's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Nashville, Tn
    Posts
    3,042
    Thanks
    3,861
    Thanked 7,524 Times in 2,377 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by subywrex View Post
    Again here is assumption. I've never seen one publication that Steve "settled" for cook. Infant I think that statement is very ignorant lmao

    So are you trying to say you know more about Cook than Jobs did when he approved of him being next in line? Lol.

    Also your miss understanding my argument. I'm not saying cook is good or bad. What I'm saying is people are to quick to throw someone out. You not I know anything about
    I agree 100% man. Facts are facts and opinions need to be just that, opinions. Too often some people like to suggest that their opinions are not that but irrefutable facts. Don't understand that need to always be right, lol.

+ Reply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts