+ Reply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: New 27" iMacs With 3TB Fusion Hard Drives Unable to Use Boot Camp

is a discussion within the

Mac News

forums, a part of the

General Apple/Mac

section;
Originally Posted by Scotty Manley Silberhorn Ok we'll when I run test in windows on both, all tests are better on the vm, also, see what kind of user performance
    Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Scotty Manley Silberhorn View Post
    Ok we'll when I run test in windows on both, all tests are better on the vm, also, see what kind of user performance your going to get if you run it on boot camp. Because I do I fact have a boot camp partition, along with parallels, and I'll state this now, the windows in parallels is not the boot camp partition. I set it up like that just to see what would be better, so by experience, I do no what I'm talking about.
    I am a Virtualization Engineer, I work with with massive virtualized environments for a living and have been working for the leading Virtualization company for 18 months now, Degree in Computer Science, VCP4 and VCP5 Certified. I know what I'm talking about and I think that trumps our "tests".
    Don't believe me, here's my linkedin profile.
    Feidhlim O'Leary - Ireland | LinkedIn
    Even with bare-metal hypervisors there is a performance hit with running a VM versus natively. The hit is quite small using a hypervisor like ESXi or Hyper-V but it's there. Hardware Layer -> Virtualization Layer -> VM

With hosted VMs running in VMware Fusion, Parallels Desktop, VMware Workstation etc, you are running a full OS on top of the Virtualization Application, on top of a full OS. There is a quite a large overhead. Hardware -> OS Layer -> Virtualization Layer -> VM

2. The Following User Says Thank You to feidhlim1986 For This Useful Post:

HovikGas (01-13-2013)

+ Reply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12