+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Apple Stock Falls to the Lowest It's Been Since February of 2012

is a discussion within the

Mac News

forums, a part of the

General Apple/Mac

section;
    Thanks

Default Apple Stock Falls to the Lowest It's Been Since February of 2012

As Apple recently released the iPhone 5 in China, it was predicted that things should be going well for the Cupertino California company on Wall Street but that isnít how things ended up. According to initial reports, the debut of the iPhone 5 has been somewhat slow due to a snowstorm hitting Beijing and a pre-order requirement to prevent rioting. Adding to the issues that Apple has to deal with, the companyís stock also ended up hitting a 10-month low today and is currently trading at $509.79, a value that has been the lowest since February.

Due the stock price of the company falling, UBS analyst Steve Milunovich ended up reducing his target estimates for the stock down to $700 from $780. Despite the recent chain of events many analysts continue to think that AAPL is a good stock to buy, with caution. Another thing that continues to hurt Apple stock is research from analyst Peter Misek from Jefferies, which points toward the Cupertino California companyís supply chain and the iPhone component suppliers involved seeing larger order cuts over the last 24-48 hours due to assembly execution issues. Misek is claiming that demand isnít an issue for the iPhone 5 as much as the fact that inventory is still limited at retail locations, simply because Apple canít make iPhone 5s fast enough to meet some analystsí shipment expectations for Q1. Weíll have to see how Apple handles the situation and attempts to turn things around.

Source: Forbes via Cult of Mac

Twitter: @AkshayMasand

Green Apple
    Thanks
    market's testing the lows. expecting it to break lower.

Thanks
    Thanked 8,809 Times in 4,429 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by mvangogh View Post
    market's testing the lows. expecting it to break lower.
    Ah another person who knows how the stock market works. Exactly right. Just lows testing. But here's a secret everyone.. Don't wait forever to get on the Apple stock train. If you miss it this time (China release) you will miss it altogether. Of course I'm not guaranteeing you anything... wink, winkÖ
    Here to help if I can. If I can't I know someone who can!

My iPhone is a Part of Me iRevival's Avatar
    Thanks

I'm trying to decide if I should buy some now or wait just a little longer to see if it drops a bit more. Although I can only buy a few shares at the moment haha.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Well they ll upgrade when an untethered jb cOme along ow who has the time and incentive to do so..

Thanks
    Thanked 8,809 Times in 4,429 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by iRevival View Post
    I'm trying to decide if I should buy some now or wait just a little longer to see if it drops a bit more. Although I can only buy a few shares at the moment haha.
    Yeah that's the problem. That's why small personal investors really have, even at this point, missed the Apple stock train. It's just too expensive now. If you buy three or four shares, the upside potential is very small in terms of an investment return. Only really large investors can afford Apple now. As you need at least 200 to 300 shares to see any real movement. And that's $100,000 in. That's more than most people can get anywhere near affording.

Still there's nice upside potential with Apple in mine and many other professional's opinion. But the sad part of the story is that in 2009, at the bottom of the recession, it was $69 a share. People who got in at that point have made a fortune on Apple.

I had a friend the other day tell me he was going to be selling "one share" of his Apple stock to buy his new iPhone 5. I just quietly sobbed to myself.
    Here to help if I can. If I can't I know someone who can!

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by NewdestinyX View Post
    Ah another person who knows how the stock market works. Exactly right. Just lows testing. But here's a secret everyone.. Don't wait forever to get on the Apple stock train. If you miss it this time (China release) you will miss it altogether. Of course I'm not guaranteeing you anything... wink, winkÖ
    Yep! And a bunch of new countries including Russia now

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by NewdestinyX View Post
    Yeah that's the problem. That's why small personal investors really have, even at this point, missed the Apple stock train. It's just too expensive now. If you buy three or four shares, the upside potential is very small in terms of an investment return. Only really large investors can afford Apple now. As you need at least 200 to 300 shares to see any real movement. And that's $100,000 in. That's more than most people can get anywhere near affording.

Still there's nice upside potential with Apple in mine and many other professional's opinion. But the sad part of the story is that in 2009, at the bottom of the recession, it was $69 a share. People who got in at that point have made a fortune on Apple.

I had a friend the other day tell me he was going to be selling "one share" of his Apple stock to buy his new iPhone 5. I just quietly sobbed to myself.
    I think it was more like in the $80's, but who's counting? The whole winter of 2008 would have been a great time to get in. But who, other than institutional investors and people in the 'monied class', had any loose change? A great 21st birthday gift of even 10 shares when it was about $10 would have been awesome. I still have two $50 E savings bonds (stopped maturing a few years ago) from something like 1972, so I would also have to wish I was smarter about my money in general.

Last apple split was in 2005, so maybe if they do another 2-for-1 split a few more of us peasants can get in. With my luck, I'd buy and the price would tank. I bought CSCO right after the last split (historically, they always did little dip and then went on up). My break-even was around 35. Heh. I sold it in 2005 for parking change. So, because I don't want to see anyone with AAPL in their pockets jumping out of windows, I'll not buy any.

You're welcome.