+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iTunes 11.01 Update Released, Includes Bug Fixes and Duplicate Song Display Tool

is a discussion within the

Mac News

forums, a part of the

General Apple/Mac

section;
    Thanks

Default iTunes 11.01 Update Released, Includes Bug Fixes and Duplicate Song Display Tool

A minor update for the recently released iTunes 11 has been made available. Along with providing a couple of important fixes, such as patching a bug that prevented new purchase from appearing in the library if iTunes Match was active, iTunes 11.01 brings back a familiar feature that had previously been missing from the initial release; duplication detection. As many of you iOS users may already know, the overhauled iTunes 11 was released on November 29, bringing a fresh look, a revamped user interface, and tighter iCloud integration but it had its fair share of issues. Apple is looking to fix what it can with the recent update.

The release notes of the recent update can be found below:

• Addresses an issue where new purchases in iCloud may not appear in your library if iTunes Match is turned on.
    • Makes iTunes more responsive when searching a large library.
    • Fixes a problem where the AirPlay button may not appear as expected.
    • Adds the ability to display duplicate items within your library.
    • Important stability and performance improvements.

The OS X version of the update is 84.72 MB while the Windows 64 version of the update is 84.83 MB. Both of them can be downloaded via Software Update or Apple’s Support Downloads page for those of you who are interested in updating.

Source: Apple

Twitter: @AkshayMasand

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Will this fix the problem of the dll file missing to get redsn0w working properly also. I have been trying to get it fixed for a couple days now. Following every fix that had been stated.

My iPhone is a Part of Me Donnutt's Avatar
    Thanks

I hope it's more responsive when searching libraries. My 12,000 song iTunes Match lib isn't huge by any means, yet my iMac, MacBook, and PC all freeze while typing something into the search.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Donnutt View Post
    I hope it's more responsive when searching libraries. My 12,000 song iTunes Match lib isn't huge by any means, yet my iMac, MacBook, and PC all freeze while typing something into the search.
    It isn't ???

My iPhone is a Part of Me Donnutt's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by flash66 View Post
    It isn't ???
    What isn't? I've downloaded the update and they appear to have fixed it. Best iTunes ever!!

iPhone? More like MyPhone Airwaves182's Avatar
    Thanks

Old iTunes was better

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by flash66 View Post
    It isn't ???
    For us music hoarders, that isn't that much. I have a playlist that is over 42,000 songs. Can play for just shy of 19 weeks straight.

I tried importing all my music to the Windows 8 Music application, it completely broke it and made the app useless. I personally stick to foobar2000 since it has .flac support (among other formats) that Apple just refuses to support. Of course using iTunes was hopeless seeing most of the songs don't even appear (because they are .flac's) And I'll pass on converting my music library.