+ Reply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Tim Cooks Vows to 'Map' Out Better Solution for Apple

is a discussion within the

Mac News

forums, a part of the

General Apple/Mac

section;
Originally Posted by subywrex No doubt it's usefull. That's why I said for me I never needed to use it. Also my though is because its something commonly used not
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,708 Times in 4,397 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by subywrex View Post
    No doubt it's usefull. That's why I said for me I never needed to use it. Also my though is because its something commonly used not while getting direction then perhaps apple feels "there is an app for that" lol. I still feel that apple maps has been faster and with the integrations with Siri and turn by turn it makes it much better than google maps.

Even though google maps has more data I can only speak for myself and in california it has worked Great sense beta 1

I like your input and its nice to have a discussion for once that isn't someone callin the other person stupid for believing what they believe
    Yeah! Good exchange, Suby. Thanks for your insights! We do agree 100% that Apple Maps is a nice step forward for Apple. Cook didn't need to apologize for anything at all.
    Here to help if I can. If I can't I know someone who can!

Thanks
    Thanked 3,852 Times in 883 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by NewdestinyX View Post
    Yeah! Good exchange, Suby. Thanks for your insights! We do agree 100% that Apple Maps is a nice step forward for Apple. Cook didn't need to apologize for anything at all.
    Agreed on that. It's possible it was done to appease everyone. I mean what did everyone expect apple to come out with a maps app that has all the data of a company that's been at it fr years? Lmao

Also I don't think most understand why apple went with there own route, andost likely just think apple wants to phase everyone out that's a competitor.

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Agreed on that. It's possible it was done to appease everyone. I mean what did everyone expect apple to come out with a maps app that has all the data of a company that's been at it fr years? Lmao

Also I don't think most understand why apple went with there own route, andost likely just think apple wants to phase everyone out that's a competitor.
    Ummm they did. TomTom has been at it for years....

Thanks
    Thanked 3,852 Times in 883 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by feidhlim1986 View Post
    Ummm they did. TomTom has been at it for years....
    Apple had to ditch google because they would not give the licensing for turn by turn. So I say good choice by apple.

Also regardless on how long tomtom has been in the navigation game they have never gone to the extent google has to make street view. Apple had to do its own imagery to get flyover.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

I remember one time I was driving and turn by turn told me to make a u-turn at a road that wasnt even there. Funny thing is that wasnt apple maps that told me that. It was tomtom.

Then a few times I was lead in a completely off route way with google maps.

My point is EVERY map navigation system has issues. Personally apple maps have done nothing but work better than anything I've ever tried. With its integration on lock screen and Siri, for me it can't be beat
    Your experience is the same as mine. Every mapping / navigation service I've used has had major errors. Apple's seems to have the fewest errors, and that's probably because their database hasn't grown as large as the others.

I just don't understand why people have such selective memory and don't recall how every other mapping service had the same types of problems...only more of them and far more severe. My first experience with the just-released Google Maps / Navigation on iOS was absolutely hilarious!

Thanks
    Thanked 8,708 Times in 4,397 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Shigoroku View Post

I just don't understand why people have such selective memory and don't recall how every other mapping service had the same types of problems...only more of them and far more severe. My first experience with the just-released Google Maps / Navigation on iOS was absolutely hilarious!
    My first '30' experiences were all perfect! We must live in parallel universes.. Lol!!
    Here to help if I can. If I can't I know someone who can!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ohthatguyagain View Post
    He screwed up by negating years of Jobs-ology. Admitting a semi-mistake instead of refusing to back down - not what Jobs what do.

Tim cook should only have one question on his mind: What Would Jobs Do?
    Exactly.

Quote Originally Posted by kidrobot714 View Post
    honestly, the maps have been working fine for me... :/
    Same here but besides one issue, when you search for a nearby place IE Starbucks it doesnt work :/

+ Reply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12