Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Apple Gives Devs Third Beta of iOS 6.1 on Monday

MMi Staff Writer Michael Essany's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,482 Times in 568 Posts

Default Apple Gives Devs Third Beta of iOS 6.1 on Monday

Apple on Monday released to its developers the latest iOS beta update. This morning, devs were given the third beta of iOS 6.1. Active developer account holders can now update their iOS devices to beta 3.

As you would expect, it contains various bug fixes and improvements, although it's too early to see exactly what the fixes and improvements are. Previous betas delivered Fandango integration with Siri for a more cutting edge movie ticket purchasing process.

The software (aka build "10B5117b") is compatible with iPad 2, 3, and 4; iPhone 5, 4S, 4, and 3GS; iPad mini; and the 4th and 5th generation iPod touch.

For now, there isn't much else to add except that MMi will keep you updated on what we and others find in beta 3.

Source: Apple

My iPhone is a Part of Me buggsy2's Avatar
    Thanks

"Previous betas delivered Fandango integration with Siri for a more cutting edge movie ticket purchasing process."
    I'm on pins-and-needles for iOS 6.1!! Can't wait for more cutting edge stuff!

I wonder if there are any fixes for this jacked up map app and if this will put a kink in the DEVs release of a jailbreak for iPhone 5.

Why release a beta containing nothing but bug fixes?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by aidanharris View Post
    Is that not the idea of beta's

Quote Originally Posted by ritchdan View Post
    Yea, you would think the idea of betas to fix bugs would make sense. Lol

Quote Originally Posted by ritchdan View Post
    You are correct, sir.

Just a wild guess...to see if the bugs are really fixed.
    If I can't mod it...I don't want it.

Quote Originally Posted by epiticus1 View Post
    I wonder if there are any fixes for this jacked up map app and if this will put a kink in the DEVs release of a jailbreak for iPhone 5.
    I doubt it has fixes for the maps app.

My iPhone is a Part of Me PoEtikly's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by epiticus1 View Post
    I doubt that it will put "a kink" in their progress because they haven't released anything even hunting towards an upcoming jailbreak and honestly I personally don't believe they have gotten much accomplished. I said this at the release of ios 5 and I'm going to say it now. Unfortunately I think that the jb days are close to an end. It's becoming much more difficult each update/firmware release to break Apples security. Apple has BILLIONS of $'s and a bunch of intelligent minds to work at preventing jailbreaks where as the jb community has donations and a handful of intelligent minds to try and break what they've worked hard to try and prevent. Personally I don't want an idevice without a jailbreak. I guess we will see what the future holds but if we get a jb on the new devices I surely wouldn't expect to many after it.

There's a new restore screen with the new iTunes 11 logo!!!
    Follow me @LoganWesterman

Need Your iPhone Unlock Click HERE or Here
    Needs Your iPhone Fixed Pm Me!
    Have a question about Jailbreaking Pm Simon, Annie, Or just about any other member on here

Dont really care since i wont update till jailbreak is released .

Quote Originally Posted by PoEtikly View Post
    I doubt that it will put "a kink" in their progress because they haven't released anything even hunting towards an upcoming jailbreak and honestly I personally don't believe they have gotten much accomplished. I said this at the release of ios 5 and I'm going to say it now. Unfortunately I think that the jb days are close to an end. It's becoming much more difficult each update/firmware release to break Apples security. Apple has BILLIONS of $'s and a bunch of intelligent minds to work at preventing jailbreaks where as the jb community has donations and a handful of intelligent minds to try and break what they've worked hard to try and prevent. Personally I don't want an idevice without a jailbreak. I guess we will see what the future holds but if we get a jb on the new devices I surely wouldn't expect to many after it.
    Nope jb's would never end... So far the devs are just playing mindgames with apple.. A jb release also means releasing of exploits so they waiting to bag as many bugs and exploits before burning ones they have... And yes there is an iBoot level exploit... Just watchout for future dev team coming soon

iPhone? More like MyPhone Wargasmtornado's Avatar
    Thanks

Well if the devs would stop publicly announcing exploits and bugs,ios 6 would of been jb'd by now.Thus why i am keeping my iphone 4 on ios 5.1.1,its gonba be awhile before they get it,even some Devs are having their doubts as to how long the cat & mouse can keep going,as the mice would be very tired by now.......
    ipod 4G,32 GB-iOS 5.1.1-Jailbroken (redsn0w)
    iphone 4,32 GB-iOS 5.1.1-Jailbroken (redsn0w)
    i really,really hate using Winterboard

My iPhone is a Part of Me bmwraw8482's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Cowboy View Post
    There's a new restore screen with the new iTunes 11 logo!!!
    It's the little things in life...

Quote Originally Posted by Wargasmtornado View Post
    Well if the devs would stop publicly announcing exploits and bugs,ios 6 would of been jb'd by now.Thus why i am keeping my iphone 4 on ios 5.1.1,its gonba be awhile before they get it,even some Devs are having their doubts as to how long the cat & mouse can keep going,as the mice would be very tired by now.......
    You do realize that the release of a jailbreak is the public reveal of an exploit. As to my knowledge no one has burned any creditable exploits yet

Lol this line is just silly

A jailbreak would be nice, but if I was to stay with my 4S on 5.1 for a couple years I would not be upset. I'm happy with my phone and the version of iOS. Infact, I doubt I would even update for a JB. I prefer iOS 5 to 6 anyway.

Lol various bug fixes= shut down all exploits!!!

Alright, I finally loaded the 6.1 beta on to my iPhone 5 now.
    Last edited by apexad; 12-03-2012 at 11:26 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by mustard05 View Post
    A jailbreak would be nice, but if I was to stay with my 4S on 5.1 for a couple years I would not be upset. I'm happy with my phone and the version of iOS. Infact, I doubt I would even update for a JB. I prefer iOS 5 to 6 anyway.
    I never understand this logic. Ios6 does everything ios5 does and more. Why would you not want more functionality? I can see for jail break but just to stay ? I just don't get it

21. The Following User Says Thank You to subywrex For This Useful Post:

King_O_Hill (12-06-2012)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast