+ Reply
Results 1 to 19 of 19

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.


Thread: iTunes Connect Closing for the Holidays, Shutting Down between Dec 21 and Dec 28

is a discussion within the

Mac News

forums, a part of the

General Apple/Mac

section;
...
  1. #1
    MMi Staff Writer Akshay Masand's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    New York City
    Posts
    3,779
    Thanks
    3
    Thanked 118 Times in 104 Posts

    Default iTunes Connect Closing for the Holidays, Shutting Down between Dec 21 and Dec 28


    The portal that iPhone, iPad, and Mac developers use to manage their apps on the App Store, iTunes Connect, will be shutting down between December 21 and December 28, 2012. What this means for the average consumer is that no new apps will become available during the time period, with no updates, and no price changes (sales) either. Basically, Apple’s review team is taking the week off – a move they make annually.

    For developers, the details can be found below:

    iTunes Connect will be temporarily shut down from Friday, December 21, 2012 to Friday, December 28, 2012, for the winter holidays. During this shutdown, the following functionality will be unavailable:

    • Access to iTunes Connect
    • Delivery of any apps or updates

    Additionally, the following will be delayed:

    • Releases scheduled to appear on the App Store for the first time
    • Pricing changes scheduled through the interval pricing system in iTunes Connect

    We strongly recommend that you do not schedule any pricing changes in iTunes Connect that would take effect between Friday, December 21, 2012 and Friday, December 28, 2012. Pricing changes scheduled to take effect during this date range will not be reflected on the App Store and your app or In-App Purchase will become unavailable for purchase until after the shutdown.

    We also recommend that you do not schedule any apps to go live during the shutdown. Releases scheduled with a start date between Friday, December 21, 2012 and Friday, December 28, 2012 will not go live on the App Store until after the shutdown.

    Regards,

    The App Store team
    For developers, you’ll need to release, update, or change the price of your app before holiday time as the system will shut down. For consumers, you'll have to wait a bit longer to try and snag some good deals for the Mac and iOS devices you may or may not be getting as a present.

    Source: Apple

    Twitter: @AkshayMasand

  2. #2
    Livin the iPhone Life KraXik's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Winchester, UK
    Posts
    2,623
    Thanks
    2,670
    Thanked 1,754 Times in 891 Posts

    Last two years Apple has done a present-a-day. No sign of it this year....

  3. #3
    What's Jailbreak?
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    11
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 6 Times in 2 Posts

    i dont meen to put down news, but I miss how modmyi used to be, I remember way back when I got my first Iphone 3G, we would check out modmyi and all the news we would see was new tweaks, themes, hacks everthing that made the iphone fun and customizable... now all we see is crappy news about supliers and patent wars and meaningless junk that I bet 90% of users dont care about at all.... It's sad.... It's sad jailbreaking hackers could'nt live up to there promiss, and mr Saurik started to sell out cydia products while now I have a bunch of paid apps that I cant use.... Slowly these people are killing a comunity that was so cool and and fun to be a part of... I realise that's it's not easy for them to hack IOS, why cant the talented pioner jailbreakers help again...

  4. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Curandeiro For This Useful Post:

    *T* (12-01-2012), Airwaves182 (12-02-2012), hogcia (12-01-2012), iH85CH001 (12-01-2012), Jj2345 (12-01-2012)

  5. #4
    What's Jailbreak?
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    22
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 5 Times in 5 Posts

    Default Agreed
    Quote Originally Posted by Curandeiro View Post
    i dont meen to put down news, but I miss how modmyi used to be, I remember way back when I got my first Iphone 3G, we would check out modmyi and all the news we would see was new tweaks, themes, hacks everthing that made the iphone fun and customizable... now all we see is crappy news about supliers and patent wars and meaningless junk that I bet 90% of users dont care about at all.... It's sad.... It's sad jailbreaking hackers could'nt live up to there promiss, and mr Saurik started to sell out cydia products while now I have a bunch of paid apps that I cant use.... Slowly these people are killing a comunity that was so cool and and fun to be a part of... I realise that's it's not easy for them to hack IOS, why cant the talented pioner jailbreakers help again...
    You have just described how I feel! I have spend A LOT of money in the Cydia store, probably more than the app store, but with my iPhone 5 and iOS 6 I have no hope at the moment of using any of it

    The difference between paid items that are officially regulated and ones that aren't I suppose. I knew I took a gamble moving to the iPhone 5 so early but I would have thought that if the Jailbreak team charged a small amount for their tool and spent more time developing it, then they could easily acquire the revenue to support the project as a full time venture?

  6. #5
    What's Jailbreak?
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    11
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 6 Times in 2 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by windowsdan View Post
    You have just described how I feel! I have spend A LOT of money in the Cydia store, probably more than the app store, but with my iPhone 5 and iOS 6 I have no hope at the moment of using any of it

    The difference between paid items that are officially regulated and ones that aren't I suppose. I knew I took a gamble moving to the iPhone 5 so early but I would have thought that if the Jailbreak team charged a small amount for their tool and spent more time developing it, then they could easily acquire the revenue to support the project as a full time venture?




    Exactly, i got my 4S 2 mouths ago already with IOS 6 and cant downgrade it but still, people might see this as complayning because we cant do ower thing but its more then that, I used to get home and get tinckled to see what what was going on, what themes or tweaks where put out, cause like in 2009 or so it was daily..., I meen Im not saying they aren't trying, and I think that revenues from cydia store should go to the people that trully do the work, but then again less and less stuff would be free on cydia, for example Colorkeyboard, i think its retarted to pay for that.... Back on 2.0 winterboard themes would have all of that together.... I bet android grows because these guys have let a lot of people down, and unfortunatly apple is still very lame on customization of their devices, no keyboard color, no sms backround or bubble color, no layout menu chages, no diferent icons.... I honestly dont get it, they could make millions on the appstore with that stuff....

  7. The Following User Says Thank You to Curandeiro For This Useful Post:

    iH85CH001 (12-01-2012)

  8. #6
    Livin the iPhone Life KraXik's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Winchester, UK
    Posts
    2,623
    Thanks
    2,670
    Thanked 1,754 Times in 891 Posts

    Was there a sale on for rose tinted glasses? Buy 1 get 3 free?

  9. The Following User Says Thank You to KraXik For This Useful Post:

    King_O_Hill (12-01-2012)

  10. #7
    Green Apple WiiWendy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    46
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 7 Times in 7 Posts

    Im sorry people but isn't that what they made their app for? To go and check out themes that are coming up etc.
    You can only put so much on the 2 spots that Cydia gives them and frankly I appreciate this kind of news. If you like it or not it's real world news. I wish life was like the old days to. just fun and themes but it's not. Life has become very complicated and I appreciate knowing the inside stuff. So THANK YOU MODMYI.
    (Oh and anyone with half a brain DOES want to know this stuff so make that a 50-50 split NOT 90-10 on the info)

  11. #8
    iPhone? More like MyPhone shigh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    265
    Thanks
    6
    Thanked 35 Times in 24 Posts

    While i do enjoy the news, i usually see it first on another site. But on rare occasion modmy is first. Thats why i keep coming back.

  12. #9
    iPhoneaholic bmwraw8482's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    478
    Thanks
    4
    Thanked 57 Times in 38 Posts

    For all the complainers...Did somebody make you upgrade your iPhones? When you spent your $.99 on your Cydia tweaks was there an asterisk somewhere with a promise that they would always be available on every device for just $.99?
    You chose to upgrade. Hackers chose to hack. Neither of you have to do either of those things. You're more than welcome to create your own jailbreak to use your apps or quit complaining. Maybe join the rest of the android sheep or at least be thankful that they updated this app recently so we can make long posts like this much easier!

  13. #10
    iPhoneaholic scroogelives's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    393
    Thanks
    28
    Thanked 15 Times in 14 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by KraXik View Post
    Last two years Apple has done a present-a-day. No sign of it this year....
    Your a bit early norm around the middle of the month then it becomes active on Boxing Day

  14. #11
    Formerly Known As rpgpromaster EddieLeonard's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    1,824
    Thanks
    490
    Thanked 676 Times in 362 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by KraXik View Post
    Last two years Apple has done a present-a-day. No sign of it this year....
    That was for the 12 Days of Christmas which is after christmas leading up and past new year... its only for us Europeans I think
    Follow me on Twitter: EddieLeonard - - - - - - - -If i have helped in anyway at all, Please click the "Thanks!" button
    Stalk me on FaceBook: Eddie Leonard

  15. #12
    iPhoneaholic
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    481
    Thanks
    260
    Thanked 174 Times in 72 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by bmwraw8482 View Post
    For all the complainers...Did somebody make you upgrade your iPhones? When you spent your $.99 on your Cydia tweaks was there an asterisk somewhere with a promise that they would always be available on every device for just $.99?
    You chose to upgrade. Hackers chose to hack. Neither of you have to do either of those things. You're more than welcome to create your own jailbreak to use your apps or quit complaining. Maybe join the rest of the android sheep or at least be thankful that they updated this app recently so we can make long posts like this much easier!
    Some of us upgraded cause we had no choice. I was content with my jailbroken iPhone 4, until it died. I don't know anyone that would waste money buying a older device. Each idevice that is released the jailbreak takes longer and longer.
    Personally I would pay to be a developer, if it meant I could install any app I wanted. I wouldn't have to wait for the jailbreak. To my knowledge that's not a option.
    So yes we complain while we wait to retrieve the apps we paid money for. Just like waiting for the apps we paid for to be updated to fit the 4" screen.
    If I can't mod it...I don't want it.

  16. #13
    What's Jailbreak?
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    11
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 6 Times in 2 Posts

    like I said earlier I dont meen to put down other news, it's just for somebody that has been a user for a while not just of modmyi, the news has shifted dramaticly away from hacks and other tweaks.

    I no this isn't the place for these coments, but it just came out, my apologies

    as for updating phones, even hackers like to put to the test the latest hardware that is put out, like they do always first hand, if it was like that, people would only buy iphone 3GS and iphone 4 and ipod touch 4G, for jailbreak? that's the answer?

    lets not Forget thousands of donations that hackers got and get... Call me crazy but I think they should be kept in check for some work, cause we all know that's not as simple as it is... there is a lot that's not said. they have the right not to do nothing anymore but it's just meen to get used to some things, they dont show up anymore, and nobody asks or talks about it anymore, like everyone's fine with it.... like I said it's sad

  17. #14
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    55
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Curandeiro View Post
    ...nobody asks or talks about it anymore, like everyone's fine with it...
    It's no surprise given those same people repeatedly buy Apple products. In that statement you've perfectly summed up the reason that Apple is still going strong. They wrong their customers left and right, but after the initial uproar everybody shuts up and just stops talking about it while Apple continues doing what they do best - sell shiny, overpriced, underpowered products. There will always be we few that voice our opinions, but the majority just shut up, bend over and pay for more.

    Just imagine what Apple products would be like if the money they spend PR was spent on R&D instead.

  18. #15
    iPhoneaholic iH85CH001's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    United States of America
    Posts
    305
    Thanks
    382
    Thanked 14 Times in 12 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by Curandeiro View Post
    Exactly, i got my 4S 2 mouths ago already with IOS 6 and cant downgrade it but still, people might see this as complayning because we cant do ower thing but its more then that, I used to get home and get tinckled to see what what was going on, what themes or tweaks where put out, cause like in 2009 or so it was daily..., I meen Im not saying they aren't trying, and I think that revenues from cydia store should go to the people that trully do the work, but then again less and less stuff would be free on cydia, for example Colorkeyboard, i think its retarted to pay for that.... Back on 2.0 winterboard themes would have all of that together.... I bet android grows because these guys have let a lot of people down, and unfortunatly apple is still very lame on customization of their devices, no keyboard color, no sms backround or bubble color, no layout menu chages, no diferent icons.... I honestly dont get it, they could make millions on the appstore with that stuff....
    I agree. I have personally been trying to work on an ios 6 jailbreak, however I cannot unlock the .dmg file from the ipsw. I understand that alot of people dont care anymore or just have given up, however i try to continue that, i guess ill just keep trying. If anyone knows a way to unlock an encrypted dmg, PLEASE TELL ME. Thx guys.

  19. #16
    iPhoneaholic patoons's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Long Island
    Posts
    351
    Thanks
    9
    Thanked 15 Times in 12 Posts

    I must say if I had to work retail I'd want to work for apple. they seem to actually care about their employees. the mall by me opened at midnight black Friday. apple opened regular hours and paid the fine for not opening at mall hours.

  20. #17
    iPhone? More like MyPhone Airwaves182's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    245
    Thanks
    166
    Thanked 13 Times in 12 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by bmwraw8482 View Post
    For all the complainers...Did somebody make you upgrade your iPhones? When you spent your $.99 on your Cydia tweaks was there an asterisk somewhere with a promise that they would always be available on every device for just $.99?
    You chose to upgrade. Hackers chose to hack. Neither of you have to do either of those things. You're more than welcome to create your own jailbreak to use your apps or quit complaining. Maybe join the rest of the android sheep or at least be thankful that they updated this app recently so we can make long posts like this much easier!
    -1

  21. #18
    "The Chuck Bass of Theming" k.nitsua's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Merced, CA
    Posts
    4,422
    Thanks
    1,761
    Thanked 19,214 Times in 2,596 Posts

    Didn't realize 99 cents was a lot of money to complain about when a jailbreak isn't here and your tweak doesn't work...
    #eli7e revived me

  22. #19
    Green Apple Modding life's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    59
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by bmwraw8482 View Post
    For all the complainers...Did somebody make you upgrade your iPhones? When you spent your $.99 on your Cydia tweaks was there an asterisk somewhere with a promise that they would always be available on every device for just $.99?
    You chose to upgrade. Hackers chose to hack. Neither of you have to do either of those things. You're more than welcome to create your own jailbreak to use your apps or quit complaining. Maybe join the rest of the android sheep or at least be thankful that they updated this app recently so we can make long posts like this much easier!
    +1 I agree people just don't understand the hard work the developers do for us

Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts