+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iTunes Connect Closing for the Holidays, Shutting Down between Dec 21 and Dec 28

is a discussion within the

Mac News

forums, a part of the

General Apple/Mac

section;
    Thanks

Default iTunes Connect Closing for the Holidays, Shutting Down between Dec 21 and Dec 28

The portal that iPhone, iPad, and Mac developers use to manage their apps on the App Store, iTunes Connect, will be shutting down between December 21 and December 28, 2012. What this means for the average consumer is that no new apps will become available during the time period, with no updates, and no price changes (sales) either. Basically, Apple’s review team is taking the week off – a move they make annually.

For developers, the details can be found below:

iTunes Connect will be temporarily shut down from Friday, December 21, 2012 to Friday, December 28, 2012, for the winter holidays. During this shutdown, the following functionality will be unavailable:

• Access to iTunes Connect
    • Delivery of any apps or updates

Additionally, the following will be delayed:

• Releases scheduled to appear on the App Store for the first time
    • Pricing changes scheduled through the interval pricing system in iTunes Connect

We strongly recommend that you do not schedule any pricing changes in iTunes Connect that would take effect between Friday, December 21, 2012 and Friday, December 28, 2012. Pricing changes scheduled to take effect during this date range will not be reflected on the App Store and your app or In-App Purchase will become unavailable for purchase until after the shutdown.

We also recommend that you do not schedule any apps to go live during the shutdown. Releases scheduled with a start date between Friday, December 21, 2012 and Friday, December 28, 2012 will not go live on the App Store until after the shutdown.

Regards,

The App Store team
    For developers, you’ll need to release, update, or change the price of your app before holiday time as the system will shut down. For consumers, you'll have to wait a bit longer to try and snag some good deals for the Mac and iOS devices you may or may not be getting as a present.

Source: Apple

Twitter: @AkshayMasand

Thanks
    Thanked 1,754 Times in 891 Posts

Last two years Apple has done a present-a-day. No sign of it this year....

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

i dont meen to put down news, but I miss how modmyi used to be, I remember way back when I got my first Iphone 3G, we would check out modmyi and all the news we would see was new tweaks, themes, hacks everthing that made the iphone fun and customizable... now all we see is crappy news about supliers and patent wars and meaningless junk that I bet 90% of users dont care about at all.... It's sad.... It's sad jailbreaking hackers could'nt live up to there promiss, and mr Saurik started to sell out cydia products while now I have a bunch of paid apps that I cant use.... Slowly these people are killing a comunity that was so cool and and fun to be a part of... I realise that's it's not easy for them to hack IOS, why cant the talented pioner jailbreakers help again...

4. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Curandeiro For This Useful Post:

*T* (12-01-2012), Airwaves182 (12-02-2012), hogcia (12-01-2012), iH85CH001 (12-01-2012), Jj2345 (12-01-2012)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default Agreed
    Quote Originally Posted by Curandeiro View Post
    i dont meen to put down news, but I miss how modmyi used to be, I remember way back when I got my first Iphone 3G, we would check out modmyi and all the news we would see was new tweaks, themes, hacks everthing that made the iphone fun and customizable... now all we see is crappy news about supliers and patent wars and meaningless junk that I bet 90% of users dont care about at all.... It's sad.... It's sad jailbreaking hackers could'nt live up to there promiss, and mr Saurik started to sell out cydia products while now I have a bunch of paid apps that I cant use.... Slowly these people are killing a comunity that was so cool and and fun to be a part of... I realise that's it's not easy for them to hack IOS, why cant the talented pioner jailbreakers help again...
    You have just described how I feel! I have spend A LOT of money in the Cydia store, probably more than the app store, but with my iPhone 5 and iOS 6 I have no hope at the moment of using any of it

The difference between paid items that are officially regulated and ones that aren't I suppose. I knew I took a gamble moving to the iPhone 5 so early but I would have thought that if the Jailbreak team charged a small amount for their tool and spent more time developing it, then they could easily acquire the revenue to support the project as a full time venture?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by windowsdan View Post
    You have just described how I feel! I have spend A LOT of money in the Cydia store, probably more than the app store, but with my iPhone 5 and iOS 6 I have no hope at the moment of using any of it

The difference between paid items that are officially regulated and ones that aren't I suppose. I knew I took a gamble moving to the iPhone 5 so early but I would have thought that if the Jailbreak team charged a small amount for their tool and spent more time developing it, then they could easily acquire the revenue to support the project as a full time venture?

Exactly, i got my 4S 2 mouths ago already with IOS 6 and cant downgrade it but still, people might see this as complayning because we cant do ower thing but its more then that, I used to get home and get tinckled to see what what was going on, what themes or tweaks where put out, cause like in 2009 or so it was daily..., I meen Im not saying they aren't trying, and I think that revenues from cydia store should go to the people that trully do the work, but then again less and less stuff would be free on cydia, for example Colorkeyboard, i think its retarted to pay for that.... Back on 2.0 winterboard themes would have all of that together.... I bet android grows because these guys have let a lot of people down, and unfortunatly apple is still very lame on customization of their devices, no keyboard color, no sms backround or bubble color, no layout menu chages, no diferent icons.... I honestly dont get it, they could make millions on the appstore with that stuff....

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Curandeiro For This Useful Post:

iH85CH001 (12-01-2012)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,754 Times in 891 Posts

Was there a sale on for rose tinted glasses? Buy 1 get 3 free?

9. The Following User Says Thank You to KraXik For This Useful Post:

King_O_Hill (12-01-2012)

Thanks

Im sorry people but isn't that what they made their app for? To go and check out themes that are coming up etc.
    You can only put so much on the 2 spots that Cydia gives them and frankly I appreciate this kind of news. If you like it or not it's real world news. I wish life was like the old days to. just fun and themes but it's not. Life has become very complicated and I appreciate knowing the inside stuff. So THANK YOU MODMYI.
    (Oh and anyone with half a brain DOES want to know this stuff so make that a 50-50 split NOT 90-10 on the info)

iPhone? More like MyPhone shigh's Avatar
    Thanks

While i do enjoy the news, i usually see it first on another site. But on rare occasion modmy is first. Thats why i keep coming back.

Thanks

For all the complainers...Did somebody make you upgrade your iPhones? When you spent your $.99 on your Cydia tweaks was there an asterisk somewhere with a promise that they would always be available on every device for just $.99?
    You chose to upgrade. Hackers chose to hack. Neither of you have to do either of those things. You're more than welcome to create your own jailbreak to use your apps or quit complaining. Maybe join the rest of the android sheep or at least be thankful that they updated this app recently so we can make long posts like this much easier!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by KraXik View Post
    Your a bit early norm around the middle of the month then it becomes active on Boxing Day

Formerly Known As rpgpromaster EddieLeonard's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by KraXik View Post
    That was for the 12 Days of Christmas which is after christmas leading up and past new year... its only for us Europeans I think
    Follow me on Twitter: EddieLeonard - - - - - - - -If i have helped in anyway at all, Please click the "Thanks!" button
    Stalk me on FaceBook: Eddie Leonard

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by bmwraw8482 View Post
    For all the complainers...Did somebody make you upgrade your iPhones? When you spent your $.99 on your Cydia tweaks was there an asterisk somewhere with a promise that they would always be available on every device for just $.99?
    You chose to upgrade. Hackers chose to hack. Neither of you have to do either of those things. You're more than welcome to create your own jailbreak to use your apps or quit complaining. Maybe join the rest of the android sheep or at least be thankful that they updated this app recently so we can make long posts like this much easier!
    Some of us upgraded cause we had no choice. I was content with my jailbroken iPhone 4, until it died. I don't know anyone that would waste money buying a older device. Each idevice that is released the jailbreak takes longer and longer.
    Personally I would pay to be a developer, if it meant I could install any app I wanted. I wouldn't have to wait for the jailbreak. To my knowledge that's not a option.
    So yes we complain while we wait to retrieve the apps we paid money for. Just like waiting for the apps we paid for to be updated to fit the 4" screen.
    If I can't mod it...I don't want it.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

like I said earlier I dont meen to put down other news, it's just for somebody that has been a user for a while not just of modmyi, the news has shifted dramaticly away from hacks and other tweaks.

I no this isn't the place for these coments, but it just came out, my apologies

as for updating phones, even hackers like to put to the test the latest hardware that is put out, like they do always first hand, if it was like that, people would only buy iphone 3GS and iphone 4 and ipod touch 4G, for jailbreak? that's the answer?

lets not Forget thousands of donations that hackers got and get... Call me crazy but I think they should be kept in check for some work, cause we all know that's not as simple as it is... there is a lot that's not said. they have the right not to do nothing anymore but it's just meen to get used to some things, they dont show up anymore, and nobody asks or talks about it anymore, like everyone's fine with it.... like I said it's sad

Banned
    Thanks
    ...nobody asks or talks about it anymore, like everyone's fine with it...
    It's no surprise given those same people repeatedly buy Apple products. In that statement you've perfectly summed up the reason that Apple is still going strong. They wrong their customers left and right, but after the initial uproar everybody shuts up and just stops talking about it while Apple continues doing what they do best - sell shiny, overpriced, underpowered products. There will always be we few that voice our opinions, but the majority just shut up, bend over and pay for more.

Just imagine what Apple products would be like if the money they spend PR was spent on R&D instead.

Thanks

Exactly, i got my 4S 2 mouths ago already with IOS 6 and cant downgrade it but still, people might see this as complayning because we cant do ower thing but its more then that, I used to get home and get tinckled to see what what was going on, what themes or tweaks where put out, cause like in 2009 or so it was daily..., I meen Im not saying they aren't trying, and I think that revenues from cydia store should go to the people that trully do the work, but then again less and less stuff would be free on cydia, for example Colorkeyboard, i think its retarted to pay for that.... Back on 2.0 winterboard themes would have all of that together.... I bet android grows because these guys have let a lot of people down, and unfortunatly apple is still very lame on customization of their devices, no keyboard color, no sms backround or bubble color, no layout menu chages, no diferent icons.... I honestly dont get it, they could make millions on the appstore with that stuff....
    I agree. I have personally been trying to work on an ios 6 jailbreak, however I cannot unlock the .dmg file from the ipsw. I understand that alot of people dont care anymore or just have given up, however i try to continue that, i guess ill just keep trying. If anyone knows a way to unlock an encrypted dmg, PLEASE TELL ME. Thx guys.

Thanks

I must say if I had to work retail I'd want to work for apple. they seem to actually care about their employees. the mall by me opened at midnight black Friday. apple opened regular hours and paid the fine for not opening at mall hours.

iPhone? More like MyPhone Airwaves182's Avatar
    Thanks

"The Chuck Bass of Theming" k.nitsua's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 19,214 Times in 2,596 Posts

Didn't realize 99 cents was a lot of money to complain about when a jailbreak isn't here and your tweak doesn't work...
    #eli7e revived me

Thanks
    +1 I agree people just don't understand the hard work the developers do for us