+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Estimated Shipping Time for 27" iMac Slips to 3-4 Weeks

is a discussion within the

Mac News

forums, a part of the

General Apple/Mac

section;
    Thanks

Default Estimated Shipping Time for 27" iMac Slips to 3-4 Weeks

The extremely limited supply for the big-screen 27” iMac for the holiday season seems to be apparent as the estimated shipping time has already lengthened less than 24 hours after the new all-in-one desktop went on sale. Apple’s online store originally advertised that the new 27-inch iMac would ship to new orders within two to three weeks but just hours after its availability, the shipping estimates slipped.

The revised shipping estimate suggests that new orders may not arrive in time for Christmas, which is just three and a half weeks away. Furthermore, the three-to-four week wait is applicable to both the 2.9-GHz model, which sells for $1,799, as well as 3.2-GHz model, available for $1,999.

For those of you who are interested in the 21.5” model, both the 2.7 GHz and 2.9 GHz varieties remain available to ship in one to three business days. Units may also be available at Apple’s retail stores for those who want to just walk in and pick one up right away.

Have any of you ordered one of the new iMacs? If so, what is the estimated shipping time for your order?

Source: Apple

Twitter: @AkshayMasand

My iPhone is a Part of Me luvmytj's Avatar
    Thanks

I ordered a 27" i7 this morning and got a December 24th - 30th date frame. Hoping to get it by Christmas!

iPhone? More like MyPhone jamriman's Avatar
    Thanks

The way apple explained it to me is that the order is shipped 1-7 days to China where it is assembled then back to the buyer. Crazy and misleading.

The way apple explained it to me is that the order is shipped 1-7 days to China where it is assembled then back to the buyer. Crazy and misleading.

Quote Originally Posted by luvmytj View Post
    I ordered a 27" i7 this morning and got a December 24th - 30th date frame. Hoping to get it by Christmas!