+ Reply
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Microsoft Reveals Surface Pro Pricing

is a discussion within the

Mac News

forums, a part of the

General Apple/Mac

section;
My problem with the prices are 2 things. The touch cover is not standard, if I'm buying an tablet for $1000 and it's suppose to be a laptop as well,
    My iPhone is a Part of Me fanboyfanboy's Avatar
    Thanks

My problem with the prices are 2 things.
    The touch cover is not standard, if I'm buying an tablet for $1000 and it's suppose to be a laptop as well, it should come standard with it. I shouldn't spend another $120 for the keyboard when this is suppose to be a laptop replacement. The 2nd problem is storage space. Which is why I chose the $1000 128 GB model. If you have a 64 GB laptop, take away the 5 GBs or so for software and security. Your down to a MAX of 59 GBs of space to install apps/software. Not including documents and others. So say you spend another $80 on a 500 GB external hard drive and saved every thing except programs to it, your still only able to install 59 GBs of programs, and if this is a laptop replacement, I need the 128 GBs of storage for just programs. An i5 with 4 GBs of ram is well enough to do basic tasks on a laptop. But installing apps from the App Store along with software downloads, you would run out of space way to quick with only 59 GBs. Think, iTunes + office alone will take up around 4 GBs of space. So your already looking at 1000 for device, 120 for cover, and 80 for extra harddrive. Total with tax upwards if around $1300. Just not worth it.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by f10M4N31 View Post
    Because you're trying to pick a fight by being completely biased and in denial about the fact that Apple has devices of higher quality. The fact that you're being rude about Apple fans on a mainly-Apple site is even worse. Show some respect towards people and their opinions before you begin talking rudely. By the way, your grammar and spelling suck.
    you realize you called him biased, and then, in the same sentence, stated your opinion as a matter of fact? then, you called him rude, and immediately proceeded to insulted him. from where i'm sittin, it looks like you're trying to pick a fight because he doesn't share your perspective. i appreciate and own many apple products, but didn't see his comments as rude in any way. yours, on the other hand, come off as arrogant, aggressive, rude, and uncalled for in general. if anyone needs to show some respect, it's you; but thats just my opinion. it's rather pathetic taking a critique of apple's products as a personal insult, don't you think? who are you, steve jobs?

Thanks
    Thanked 3,852 Times in 883 Posts

Actually this is just what was told to me so I can't confirm for myself. But word on the street is windows 8 that comes on the surface is 16gb. I hope that's a lie

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Most of you are arguing that this tablet isn't right for you and it's over priced. The tablet isn't designed for the casual user. It is designed for business use. You need to look at it from its intended point of view and then make your decision. These tablet will most likely do very well in corporate America.

My iPhone is a Part of Me fanboyfanboy's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by subywrex View Post
    Actually this is just what was told to me so I can't confirm for myself. But word on the street is windows 8 that comes on the surface is 16gb. I hope that's a lie
    Wait take up 16 GB in like pre-used space?! That has to be a lie...

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by fanboyfanboy View Post
    Wait take up 16 GB in like pre-used space?! That has to be a lie...
    Nope Microsoft said it themselves, Windows 8 for tablets takes up 16GB of the storage so the 32GB model have 16GBs free, on the 16GB model they use a lite version that takes up 8GB so you have 8GB free.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,139 Times in 889 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by spazturtle View Post
    Nope Microsoft said it themselves, Windows 8 for tablets takes up 16GB of the storage so the 32GB model have 16GBs free, on the 16GB model they use a lite version that takes up 8GB so you have 8GB free.
    Yep there were a lot of people angry about that already with the current Surfaces running Windows RT.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,607 Times in 779 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by spazturtle View Post
    That is ridiculous!!! They should advertise, then, that its an 8GB or 16GB model instead of tricking the consumer... Apple should be doing the same since we really arent getting the extra 5GBs of storage that's quoted.

We should come together and sue ALL the companies for false advertising!!!! LOL!

I'm actually kinda mad about this, now! Just cuz a company has put in memory for the device doesn't mean we get what we pay for. I don't care how much HD Space their OS uses to run the machine; we should get the advertised memory. These companies should allot their OS memory separate from the machine's memory and either eat the cost or increase the price.
    Last edited by thazsar; 11-30-2012 at 11:27 PM.

Thanks

IMO I think the toshiba and Sony laptop/tablets do a better job than the Microsoft surface. The click on keyboard looks whack the built-in design is a much better idea.

And for people saying its to ve placed in between PC/Laptop and a smart phone its not the case. Because many people have tried to replace the computers with their tablet. Which just was not possible... until now. Full OS is the way to go. I previously scoffed at tablets before which were essentially bigger smartphones minus calling capability.

These New full OS tablets might change my mind... Provided they get the good apps developed and theres no major battery issues.

Plus I assume they can run Flash which is a big plus

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by thazsar View Post
    That is ridiculous!!! They should advertise, then, that its an 8GB or 16GB model instead of tricking the consumer... Apple should be doing the same since we really arent getting the extra 5GBs of storage that's quoted.

We should come together and sue ALL the companies for false advertising!!!! LOL!

I'm actually kinda mad about this, now! Just cuz a company has put in memory for the device doesn't mean we get what we pay for. I don't care how much HD Space their OS uses to run the machine; we should get the advertised memory. These companies should allot their OS memory separate from the machine's memory and either eat the cost or increase the price.
    Well my 2nd gen iPod touch originally had 7GB free but after updating to each new OS it only has 6GBs free.

Its really is silly, you pay for the 32GB version and are left wondering why you only have 16GB.

+ Reply
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123