Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Apple, Starbucks Team to Support Global AIDS Foundation

MMi Staff Writer Michael Essany's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,481 Times in 567 Posts

Default Apple, Starbucks Team to Support Global AIDS Foundation

With the season of giving now in full swing, Apple and Starbucks are doing their part to make the world a better place, principally by giving back a portion of the huge sums of cash the coffee and tech giants, respectively, generate.

On Thursday, Starbucks confirmed that it's teaming up with Apple (via iTunes) to offer something you're bound to see a lot of and possibly even receive - a RED digital gift basket. What's in the basket, you ask? Two $15 gift cards (one to Starbucks and the other for iTunes). It's $30 for the basket.

But here's where the "giving" comes in -- 5% of the purchase price of the RED digital gift basket will go toward the Global Fund AIDS research foundation. To date, the java king has already poured in some $11 million to the Global Fund since 2008.

According to today's announcement, Starbucks will also start donating five cents for each ‘handcrafted beverage’ sold in participating Starbucks on World AIDS Day - an occasion that comes this Saturday, December 1st.

Source: Starbucks

Wether this is all a publicity stunt or not it's going to a great cause. Definitely will purchase one.

Great cause. I will buy a few.

Thanks

Even if I was the richest person on Earth, I wouldn't donate to this charity.

I'm a Costa Coffee Fan Best Coffee