+ Reply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iTunes 11 Finally Available for Download

is a discussion within the

Mac News

forums, a part of the

General Apple/Mac

section;
Holy crap this is slow! Before anyone asks, I have a rather highend PC. While my music files are stored on a traditional hard drive, my applications and windows are
    My iPhone is a Part of Me politicalslug's Avatar
    Thanks

Holy crap this is slow! Before anyone asks, I have a rather highend PC. While my music files are stored on a traditional hard drive, my applications and windows are stored on a SSD. That also means my iTunes library files (ie "iTunes Library.itl") are also run off this SSD. Everything should be lightning (see what I did there?) fast, but it's not! I have a huge library (60,000+) and searching for a track literally goes one letter at a time. For example, if I'm searching for Bjork it does this: B... (1 second) ... J... (1 second) ... O... I think you get the idea. I realize that Match is limited to 25,000 non-iTunes tracks, but some of us music hoarders have large libraries and that's why we use iTunes. Heck, I started using iTunes when the second generation iPod came out and didn't own a single Apple product for the next two years. I just like iTunes' organization and now it's whacked! Additionally I can only use the column browser in a few categories and that has always been my go to item. Worse still it no longer saves your place in a search if you jump to another playlist then back again.
    Last edited by politicalslug; 11-29-2012 at 09:13 PM.

Thanks

What's with the new iCloud icon? I was interested and clicked on it and saw a quick download occur. I purchased a song on accident. Are these just recommendations because I have never downloaded these songs before and I am the only one that uses my account.

iTunes 11 Finally Available for Download-itunes-11.png

Green Apple
    Thanks

TERRIBLE!! Can't stand the new view, wording vs. check box, for installing apps, like the check box much better, easier to see installed at a glance. Also, what the hell were they thinking by removing the file allocation data at the bottom of the screen, pain in the a@@ having to move your cursor over the colored bar to see how much space is left on your device. Needless to say it was uninstalled 3 minutes after the update.

Green Apple
    Thanks
    Can't arrange files alphabetically in the grid view. Can't double-click on the playlist name to open it in a new window. Can't change the size of the art or the color of the grid background. I really need to be able to arrange my files in the grid view. There are settings to do that but they don't arrange the files alphabetically. I'm going to give it a day before I downgrade. I'm not impressed by this version. I read the comments about the speed improvement, but haven't noticed anything one way or the other. Steve is dead. Gen Z has finally taken over. Low standards, Cultural nosedive and all that

iPhone? More like MyPhone alpawa's Avatar
    Thanks

I guess it's OK, but I had my library with the albums on the left and the songs on the right arranged by date added. Now it's impossible. Either just the songs or the albums but cannot arrange them by date added... Crapola!

Thanks

I like it! "Up next" is brilliant and the mini player stays above every other program which is perfect for changing tracks without having to go back into iTunes (which is what I had to do before). I have no speed issues despite the fact I only have 4gb of RAM. I am running Windows 8 if that makes a difference though. I'll hold judgement for now until I've tried searching for music properly. So far though first impressions are great 10/10 for me and way better than windows media player. Time to try out the new remote app now and see if anything significant has changed in it...

My iPhone is a Part of Me fanboyfanboy's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Zach B. View Post
    What's with the new iCloud icon? I was interested and clicked on it and saw a quick download occur. I purchased a song on accident. Are these just recommendations because I have never downloaded these songs before and I am the only one that uses my account.

Attachment 616471
    You didn't purchase a song, that's a song that's in the cloud and when you clicked it, it downloaded a copy to be able to play it offline, hope this helped

+ Reply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12