+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Apple Locks Down Patent on Siri Logo

is a discussion within the

Mac News

forums, a part of the

General Apple/Mac

section;
Leaving no stones unturned, Apple is legally sewing up its ownership of anything and everything iOS related these days, right down to the logo we all have come to recognize
    MMi Staff Writer Michael Essany's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,479 Times in 565 Posts

Default Apple Locks Down Patent on Siri Logo

Leaving no stones unturned, Apple is legally sewing up its ownership of anything and everything iOS related these days, right down to the logo we all have come to recognize as the face of this virtual assistant known as Siri.

It came to light Tuesday that Apple has secured the patent for the glittering icon that is Siri. In short, The U.S. Patent and Trademark Office says Apple retains the legal rights to the design described as "a silver microphone that glows purple when active."

Although the securing of intellectual property relating to Siri isn't a surprise, it's another critical example of how much the digital voice assistant means to Apple. Siri has already become a big hit on the last two iPhone models, the iPad mini, 5th generation iPod touch, as well as the iPads 3 and 4 (running iOS 6).

With talk of an iTV and future Macs welcoming Siri to the party as well, there's no telling just how integral or deeply intertwined this feature will be with future Apple products in the years ahead.

Source: US Patent Office (via PC Mag)

My iPhone is a Part of Me fanboyfanboy's Avatar
    Thanks

Just proves Siri is here to stay, whether you like it or not. I must say with the upgrades they gave in iOS 6 (being able to check sports scores especially) Im using it more and more.

Thanks

Still more to be done to Siri for me to use it everyday I mostly use google search because if the little dumb ho can't hear or understand me then ill just type it with Siri she can't hear or understand I gotta close it then go to safari.
    "You may say I'm a dreamer, but I'm not"

My iPhone is a Part of Me Jj2345's Avatar
    Thanks

I love google search

Thanks

Siri x2
    pain & time and glory

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by fanboyfanboy View Post
    Just proves Siri is here to stay, whether you like it or not. I must say with the upgrades they gave in iOS 6 (being able to check sports scores especially) Im using it more and more.
    This wouldn't prove siri is here to stay because if they weren't planning on keeping it they would still patent it. Anyway apple wouldn't get rid of siri because its a selling point. Theres no reason to get rid of it even if googles were better etc. It would be completely illogical to remove a feature like that..

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

If it wasn't for the specification of purple, I'd be darned sure to say S-Voice is officially screwed.

inb4 butthurt fandroids.

What's Jailbreak? DemonoidMaster's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Swatme101 View Post
    If it wasn't for the specification of purple, I'd be darned sure to say S-Voice is officially screwed.

inb4 butthurt fandroids.
    Mod edit
    Last edited by 2k1; 11-28-2012 at 08:28 AM.

Thanks

Siri is still in beta IMHO. We have yet to see its full potential and won't see it for years. Every update Siri gets more capable, yet the basics have yet to be covered still. Like being able to launch applications(you can do this via a Cydia hack) or power your phone off with your voice. Siri is going to be awesome..we just have to be patient.

My iPhone is a Part of Me fanboyfanboy's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by bigboyz View Post
    Siri is still in beta IMHO. We have yet to see its full potential and won't see it for years. Every update Siri gets more capable, yet the basics have yet to be covered still. Like being able to launch applications(you can do this via a Cydia hack) or power your phone off with your voice. Siri is going to be awesome..we just have to be patient.
    In iOS 6 Siri does launch apps natively, without a JB tweak. Also another thing I noticed was it would tell you the time, I haven't tried using to power off my phone as I never turn it off. Will try later and update my post if it worked or not.