Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Apple No Longer Turning to Samsung for Battery Supply

Thanks

Default Apple No Longer Turning to Samsung for Battery Supply

According to Chinese Business News, Samsung has stopped supplying Apple with batteries for the iPad and MacBook after the Cupertino California decided to switch supppliers. Apple has ended up using Amperex Technology Limited and Tianjin Lishen Battery to power their products instead. The news appears to be the latest in a string that continues to suggest that the relationship between the two technology giants continues to unravel.

Samsung previously terminated their long-term liquid crystal display panel partnership with Apple in October. Followed by another announcement that said Apple had already cut Samsung out of their display supply chain. Furthermore, there was news of Samsung raising the price of processors for Apple’s iOS devices by 20% as well (which the company ended up denying).

Regardless, once Apple’s biggest supplier, Samsung's relationship with the Cupertino California company continues to worsen as the South Korean manufacturer turns out to be one of Apple’s biggest competitors instead. All of the unfriendliness also happens to come at a time when the companies are both continually involved in patent disputes around the world.

We’ll have to see how the argument between the two continues to pan out as each company continues to take actions to come out ahead.

Source: Chinese Business News
    Last edited by Akshay Masand; 11-23-2012 at 03:46 PM.

Twitter: @AkshayMasand

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Akshay Masand For This Useful Post:

ProfessorJack (11-23-2012)

Does this mean the battery will actually last long enough for me to do a restore. My iPad totally crashed and took the best part of a few hours to charge before I could even get it to stay in DFU mode as it was going through the restore process and getting about half-way and then failing...

I dont think your issue has anything to do with who makes the battery.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to mustard05 For This Useful Post:

Airwaves182 (11-23-2012)

I dont think that what you are experiencing has anything to do with the battery manufacturer!!!
    Stop being bias!!!

Honestly Samsung no longer needs apple. The only one losing here is apple.

iPhone? More like MyPhone ohthatguyagain's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by hogcia View Post
    Honestly Samsung no longer needs apple. The only one losing here is apple.
    Riiiiiight. Because there's a single company that would turn down, for any reason, a chance to double dip market profits...

More likely, Samsung was the only company who could supply apple the products needed for iOS devices. As time pressed on and Samsung stole the design for the Apple devices they were all-but manufacturing, Apple grew more annoyed at the inability for judges to stand up for patents because of anti-competitive arguments, so Apple began to branch out literally AS SOON as other companies were able to handle, viably and profitably, significant supply chain portions of the devices.

You remember how long they searched for someone who could create the screens they needed and ensure product quality and still make a profit on what Apple was willing to pay, right?

No my friend, Samsung is missing out on the opportunity to line their pockets with the cash of the most profitable company in history whilest themselves being able to double dip in a significant way to the very same markets. Apple gets their supplies still - and at lower negotiated rates from companies they don't directly compete with.

How does you battery problem concern the issue above.... It's not mandatory to post a comment under every trend even if you dont have one

Quote Originally Posted by ohthatguyagain View Post

No my friend, Samsung is missing out on the opportunity to line their pockets with the cash of the most profitable company in history whilest themselves being able to double dip in a significant way to the very same markets.
    Samsung makes plenty of cash, as far as I am concerned they have the biggest market share at this point. Apple is simply trying catch up, but unfortunately they can't innovate fast enough. I did buy an iPhone 5, but I may be moving to something else next year if we only get an iPhone 5S.

We'll just need to wait and see how this impacts Samsung! After all its a lot of money at the end of the day!

Quote Originally Posted by hogcia View Post
    Samsung makes plenty of cash, as far as I am concerned they have the biggest market share at this point. Apple is simply trying catch up, but unfortunately they can't innovate fast enough. I did buy an iPhone 5, but I may be moving to something else next year if we only get an iPhone 5S.
    Market share means absolutely nothing in this scenario. Apple makes one phone with their O/S. Samsung makes many phones with someone else's OS. You can't compare the two companies and hope to actually find a reasonable and accurate market share percentage.

Moreover, Apples game is not market share. Apples game is profit. Market share does not necessarily mean high profits. That is why you will see S3's on sale for 49.99. Different firms compete differently and in this case, Samsung's game is market share. With market share, Samsung's is only trying to break down Apple's competitive advantage. Though it will work over times, it will happen at a loss of profits. That is business sometimes.