Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Apple's "Spaceship" Campus Plans Posted to City of Cupertino Website

Thanks

Default Apple's "Spaceship" Campus Plans Posted to City of Cupertino Website

The city of Cupertino recently posted the latest plans submitted by Apple for its new Campus 2 project, revealing the plans would likely see a delayed completion. Although not much has changed from the original submission, which was filed in June 2011, the updated plans give insight into Apple’s construction timeline with the current completion date set as sometime in 2016.

It was previously reported that the city of Cupertino took receipt of Apple’s revised project submission on November 14, which noted the possibility of a delay due to the site’s environmental impact study. The current estimates have the report scheduled for completion in June 2013. This would mean that the earliest Apple can break ground is next year. According to Cupertino city manager David Brandt, “they could conceivably break ground in 2013, but only if everything goes smoothly. The project is running a little bit slow.”

For those of you who are curious to see what the plans are, you can do so by clicking the source link below. The plans ended up being posted earlier than expected, allowing the public to take a look at what's to come.

Source: City of Cupertino

Twitter: @AkshayMasand

Thanks

An architectural marvel, at worst

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    ok... but where is the parking lot?????

Sucks that we used to be a country that built awesome, amazing and innovative buildings but now thanks to environmental impact studies, over-regulation and ridiculous amounts of red tape we can't get anything done anymore.

My iPhone is a Part of Me bmwraw8482's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by *T* View Post
    Nothing compared to anything in Dubai

Thanks
    Thanked 2,862 Times in 1,237 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by *T* View Post
    What wrong with it (?)....looks like the Stargate!

Quote Originally Posted by thazsar View Post
    What wrong with it (?)....looks like the Stargate!
    He wasn't saying anythings wrong with it, he meant the worst it could be called is an architectural marvel. He was saying its an amazing building, I think you misread it haha

Thanks
    Thanked 2,862 Times in 1,237 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by fanboyfanboy View Post
    He wasn't saying anythings wrong with it, he meant the worst it could be called is an architectural marvel. He was saying its an amazing building, I think you misread it haha
    Ahhhhhh...now I see! Thanx, man!!!

Quote Originally Posted by trevorrawson View Post
    Sucks that we used to be a country that built awesome, amazing and innovative buildings but now thanks to environmental impact studies, over-regulation and ridiculous amounts of red tape we can't get anything done anymore.
    You do understand that Apple is trying to set the bar in environmental innovation, and that even though building code laws are becoming tougher we are still creating structures that have never been seen before... I don't think that apple's buildings are being curbed by these new regulations because they have the money to build anything they choose to, regardless of price.

i woder if it has the apple 'bite' at the far right end of the building

Thanks
    I've seen the concept art before, but oh God.....The snarky "walled garden" jokes will never end....