+ Reply
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: ITC to Revisit Decision that Previously Cleared Apple of Infringing Samsung Patents

is a discussion within the

Mac News

forums, a part of the

General Apple/Mac

section;
The U.S. International Trade Commission recently announced that it will be revisiting a September decision, where Apple’s products were found not violating certain Samsung patents. The final judgment might lead
    Thanks

Default ITC to Revisit Decision that Previously Cleared Apple of Infringing Samsung Patents

The U.S. International Trade Commission recently announced that it will be revisiting a September decision, where Apple’s products were found not violating certain Samsung patents. The final judgment might lead to trouble for Apple as it could lead to an injunction against the iPhone, iPad, and iPod Touch. As noted by Reuters, the ITC is set to review a preliminary decision made by Administrative Law Judge James Gildea that found Apple’s iDevice lineup to not infringe on Samsung’s wireless patents.

The final determination is to be made by the full commission and it may overturn the judge’s findings, possibly leading to a ban of U.S. sales. The case warrants a more detailed investigation as the ITC had the option to uphold Judge Gildea’s preliminary decision.

Samsung originally filed for a ban of Apple’s allegedly infringing products in June 2011, claiming “many” of its innovations were copied by the iPhone, iPad, and iPod Touch. The technology under review was regarding patents for certain wireless technologies. Apple recently won a favorable ruling in another ITC case when Judge Thomas Pender found Samsung infringing on three of six asserted utility patents and one design property, including intellectual property for touchscreen heuristics co-invented by Steve jobs. This complaint was first filed in July 2011 is a countersuit to the Samsung’s original ITC complaint.

As of right now, the commission is scheduled to review the Samsung complaint and issue a ruling on whether it will revisit Judge Pender’s decision in January. We’ll have to wait and see what’s to come by being patient.

Source: Reuters

Twitter: @AkshayMasand

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    good

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

this is where corprate greed bites u in the *** Apple.....

iPhone? More like MyPhone runey71's Avatar
    Thanks

You guys are funny. You know Samsung, Google, and all the rest are no different right?

My iPhone is a Part of Me mustard05's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by runey71 View Post
    You guys are funny. You know Samsung, Google, and all the rest are no different right?
    I know right! People get mad at Apple and act like almost every other firm in the relative market doesn't do the same things. I find it funny.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    if i dont make a mistake . apple was the first one to bring touch on smart phone. or any one can tell me before apple i did not saw a phone like that. then came android.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by angel_92701 View Post
    if i dont make a mistake . apple was the first one to bring touch on smart phone. or any one can tell me before apple i did not saw a phone like that. then came android.
    Actually there were many touchscreen smartphones before the introduction of the iPhone. They were big and clunky on comparison though, just my opinion. Apple were the first to refine the smartphone concept that made it accessible and usable by the masses.

Thanks

nokia says hello.. Apple was also sued by nokia for the 1st iphone. Android was also founded in 2003 then google purchased it in 2005, this is prior to iOS. Please get your facts straight.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by sheon View Post
    ya but Apple is the one who started this whole ****
    According to who? Do you really think Apple is the first person to sue over intellectual property??

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by mustard05 View Post
    According to who? Do you really think Apple is the first person to sue over intellectual property??
    He's just another small minded, short sighted, troll. The more you feed them the more they breed LOL

11. The Following User Says Thank You to runey71 For This Useful Post:

mustard05 (11-19-2012)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by runey71 View Post
    He's just another small minded, short sighted, troll. The more you feed them the more they breed LOL
    Man, I hate it when them trolls get me caught up.

My iPhone is a Part of Me fanboyfanboy's Avatar
    Thanks

Man, I hate it when them trolls get me caught up.
    Don't we all haha

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default youre so wrong
    samsung came out with a touch phone first (although it wasnt really a smart phone but very close)and they also came out with a siri like application first also..

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

what’s the point of having a court system if the itc can just overturn something. Why not just have the ITC be used as the court system in the first place? cut of billion’s of dollars in lawyers and legal junk and time.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Out of the group they are the first to sue over a rectangular shape and other ridiculous intellectual property.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by gehjl View Post
    Out of the group they are the first to sue over a rectangular shape and other ridiculous intellectual property.
    Of coarse that's what the media and associated forums and blahs report. I take all that with a grain of salt. The only people who know the truth are the lawers, not some writer/writers trying to generate traffic towards their URL. So yes, we know there argument had to do with a specific shape, I would bet that is only half of the real story.

My iPhone is a Part of Me thevmax's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by gehjl View Post
    NEXT STEP: Sue for the concept of a mobile phone.

THIRD STEP: Alexander Graham Bell's relatives sue everybody that makes any phone!

Thanks

I don't care as long as they keep making great phones that we love.
    Who cares who copied who. I love apple products.
    Touch was invented by motorola (someone told me that on this very forum which is according to wikipedia i think).
    Now if i have a fantastic product but i don't do **** about it.. someone else will clean it up and make it a fabulous product and make billions out of it. Motorola's loss or apple's gain. I'm getting to use it. frankly that's all that matters. Tomorrow Samsung overtakes apple in innovation I'll not hesitate to switch.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by hollafront1314 View Post
    samsung came out with a touch phone first (although it wasnt really a smart phone but very close)and they also came out with a siri like application first also..
    OMG it's these idiots above that start all this company war.
    First Samsung DID NOT introduce the first touchscreen phone. -___- get your facts straight. Nokia introduced the first touchscreen phone using the stylus.
    Second, Samsung DID NOT introduce a personal assistant software. It was the invention of the PDA (not owned by Samsung). And also, if its the first Siri-like software, wouldnt the first be Siri itself??? d u m b a s s
    Third, Apple introduced MULTI-TOUCH. NOT touchscreen -____-.

Personally, I like Apple because of classy design and simple UI but Samsung has the right hardware in terms of chips and some added features. But, I dont like the fact that Apple keeps suing instead of innovating and Samsung keeps ripping off Microsoft, Apple, and HTC.

Apple MultiTouch. Then Samsung MultiTouch. (Microsoft and HTC bandwagoned. doesnt count)
    HTC big screen. then Samsung Bigscreen.
    iPad Mini. then GS3 mini -____-
    Dell Ultrabook. then Samsung Ultrabook.
    Panasonic Smart TV. then Samsung SmartTV
    Last edited by whenyourmad; 11-20-2012 at 02:04 PM.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by JerseyScottie View Post
    nokia says hello.. Apple was also sued by nokia for the 1st iphone. Android was also founded in 2003 then google purchased it in 2005, this is prior to iOS. Please get your facts straight.
    Nokia sued for wireless patents, two years after the iPhone was released, not for anything regarding the touchscreen. And Nokia did not have the first touchscreen phone, so not sure why they would be saying "hello."

And Androids original concept, even after being purchased by google, was not a touchscreen. In fact, touchscreen support was not introduced until 2008. A year after iPhone release. Are those facts straight enough for you?

Original Android Prototype Revealed During Google, Oracle Trial | PCWorld