+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Aaron Sorkin Reveals Jobs Biopic to Portray Backstage at Three Apple Events

is a discussion within the

Mac News

forums, a part of the

General Apple/Mac

section;
    Thanks

Default Aaron Sorkin Reveals Jobs Biopic to Portray Backstage at Three Apple Events

As many of you may already know, Aaron Sorkin is currently in the middle of working on his version of a Steve Jobs biopic. What you probably don’t know is that at a recent meeting called the Hero Summit, Sorkin revealed that the screenplay’s current form might seem to be a little strange. According to The Daily Beast, instead of traditionally telling the story of Steve Jobs, one that started from the beginning of his life or career, Sorkin plans to focus on three different segments instead. Each of the segments is roughly 30 minutes of the film in real time, set backstage at different Apple events.

The idea is definitely unique and interesting as Steve Jobs was known for his presentations, with much of his and Apple’s story being written at those big announcements, where he ended up revealing several revolutionary products such as the iMac, the iPod and the iPhone. The idea of portraying three events at different points in Steve’s life would be a unique way to show both his growth along with the company’s growth. Furthermore, the idea would also put Jobs on display where he really shined the most while showing him at a time where he was perhaps the most honest with his co-workers, backstage.

It’s definitely a different way to approach the biopic of Jobs and we’ll have to see how it works out in the end. Since the screenplay is still being worked on, there is a possibility that the script might change or perhaps even go to the extreme, with this specific version of the movie not making it to the shooting stage. We’ll have to see what comes of the whole ordeal. In the meantime, what do you think of the idea in its current stage? Is it something you would like to see?

Source: TechCrunch, Twitter (The Daily Beast)

Twitter: @AkshayMasand

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Sounds awful.
    And I believe the three scenes will be for the Mac (as in the first Macintosh), the second for NeXT, and the third will be for the iPod.
    Last edited by feidhlim1986; 11-16-2012 at 09:52 AM.

My iPhone is a Part of Me mustard05's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by feidhlim1986 View Post
    Sounds awful.
    And I believe the three scenes will be for the Mac (as in the first Macintosh), the second for NeXT, and the third will be for the iPod.
    I won't speculate on the scenes in question, but I do agree. It sounds horrible.

Thanks

It doesn't sound unique. Slumdog Millionaire was told over a game show, and Forrest Gump happened almost completely at a bus stop.

Livin the iPhone Life steve-z17's Avatar
    Thanks

I thought it would be something different then this. I guess it's better than nothing....hopefully.

Livin the iPhone Life mortopher's Avatar
    Thanks

Am I the only one that thinks this could be a pretty cool way to do it? I'm looking forward to learning more.

My iPhone is a Part of Me mustard05's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by mortopher View Post
    Am I the only one that thinks this could be a pretty cool way to do it? I'm looking forward to learning more.
    Yes

Quote Originally Posted by i113 View Post
    It doesn't sound unique. Slumdog Millionaire was told over a game show, and Forrest Gump happened almost completely at a bus stop.
    Maybe the story should be told from the garage where the first Mac was born.