Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Umeng: Jailbroken iOS Devices are on the Decline

Thanks

Default Umeng: Jailbroken iOS Devices are on the Decline

Mobile app makers that are looking to enter the Chinese market or perhaps even the mobile app market overall have some good news to look forward to. Not only are there roughly 200 million Android and iOS devices in circulation in China, but jailbreaking is down from last year. According to Umeng, the biggest Chinese mobile app analytics company, only 42.4% of mainland iOS devices are jailbroken, down from 51% in the second quarter of 2011. The number does seem quite astonishing but Umeng says jailbreaking is down because Apple started to allow consumers to use local bank cards over the last year in the App Store.

One may ask, why exactly a decreasing number of jailbroken phones is important. If you havenít guessed it already, itís because there are fewer chances for consumers to pirate apps or in-app purchases, which eats into profit margins of developers.

If the trend is apparent in China, it might very well be likely that the case is the same in other countries as well. Especially with the jailbreak for newer iOS devices still in the development stage, consumers who decided to jump the bandwagon to the latest iterations of their favorite iOS devices are still currently left without a jailbreak. This in itself prevents piracy since the option isnít even available to many consumers.

Based on the facts about the status of the jailbreak along with the fact that Appleís market share is slightly declining, Umeng states that jailbreaking seems to be on the decline.

I personally am not using a jailbroken iPhone at the moment. Although I do miss having certain tweaks that added additional features to the iOS platform that I found useful, I donít see myself in dire need of using them. How about you? Are you using a jailbroken iOS device? What are your thoughts on being jailbroken?

Source: Umeng via TechCrunch

Twitter: @AkshayMasand

I miss deck!

I desperately miss swype or swipe whichever one lets you swipe left and right to move the cursor. Such a great tweak!

Give me Bite SMS and I wont jailbreak... IJS

Couldn't this simple be due to an influx of new devices, unbroken?

If this was given as a percentage of breakable devices, this would be a different story.

iPhone? More like MyPhone DayumQuitPlayin's Avatar
    Thanks

The apps/tweaks I need are:

1. Infinidock
    2. Infinifolders
    3. BiteSMS
    4. SBSettings

I miss having a jailbreak on my phone. I knew I would be stuck without a jailbreak for a long time when I upgraded to the iPhone 5. I still have my iPad 3 jailbroken on 5.1.1. I'm not giving that up for anything. Siri is not enough of an upgrade for me to give up my jailbreak. My iPhone 5 does seem plain, I miss tweaks like Shrink and Swipe. I also miss Ayecon. I hope jailbreaking doesn't become a thing of the past.

I am on the new iPhone 5 with out a jailbreak. Do miss the ability to customise the phone but am happy to wait for the jailbreak.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaijinboy View Post
    Couldn't this simple be due to an influx of new devices, unbroken?

If this was given as a percentage of breakable devices, this would be a different story.
    My thoughts exactly, the most jailbroken device just so happens to be the only one with a untethered 6.0 jailbreak. Everyone else is patiently waiting.
    Yeah, you'll be the coolest person in the room when you pull one out and show it around, but that gets old fast when three other people have them and one person somehow has one that glows in the dark.
    John C. Dvorak
    The American columnist and broadcaster in article 'Rethinking the iPhone' in PC Magazine.

I jailbreak my devices to customize the device to better suit my needs. I am against pirating software 100%. Developers deserve to be paid for their work. My favorite jailbreak apps are infinidock, CyDelete, Display Out, Gridlock, icon renamer, IntelliScreen X, SBSettings & Springtomizer 2.

the users buy the new devices , and not jailbreak out for iPhone 5 …

Smartdailer
    Lockinfo
    sbsettings
    and some of the protections software, I miss

My daily use iPhone isn't jailbroken either. But that's only because there's no jailbreak for it yet.

Im running a jailbroken ipod touch 1g and highly recomend jailbreaking to anyone who is still thinking about it 

Quote Originally Posted by carlos6438 View Post
    Give me Bite SMS and I wont jailbreak... IJS
    And intelliscreen x! And I will be happy! Still don't know why apple dont allow tweaks and charge for them

If iOS 6 had a tethered jailbreak, these numbers would be higher.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    I have oddly been ok with my IP5 and no jailbreak. I do however miss some of the "essential" jailbreaks.

I remember when there were only 20 million jailbroken and it was bordering on about 20% man this is a huge jump still. I had no idea its gone up so much.

Quote Originally Posted by DayumQuitPlayin View Post
    The apps/tweaks I need are:

1. Infinidock
    2. Infinifolders
    3. BiteSMS
    4. SBSettings
    Definite must haves

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony Bouchard View Post
    My daily use iPhone isn't jailbroken either. But that's only because there's no jailbreak for it yet.
    Same for me now too. I just swapped out my jailbroken 4S for iPhone 5. Mainly I miss RingerVIP and the lockscreen weather tweak I had. The DND is nice but still just shy of the features RingerVIP had.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast