+ Reply
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Umeng: Jailbroken iOS Devices are on the Decline

is a discussion within the

Mac News

forums, a part of the

General Apple/Mac

section;
That will change once the iso 6 untethered is out for more then 1 device lol
    Thanks

That will change once the iso 6 untethered is out for more then 1 device lol

Banned
    Thanks

Jailbreak devices are on the decline. OH DIRRR!!!
    Of course as there is no jailbreak for IOS6 and AX5/AX6 devices so of course it'll be declining.
    When a jailbreak is finally released it will increase again.

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

If we had Jailbreaks available for all iDevices then more people would jailbreak.

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

I'm still on iOS 5. Passbook and maps application and all the other new things in iOS 6 can't compare to jail breaking tweaks by a long shot.

iPhone? More like MyPhone Striknine's Avatar
    Thanks

Those were the days when a jailbreak would be released a few days after Apple released their new firmware. Now days were lucky if we see one unteathered jailbreak a year. I upgraded to the iPhone 5 myself and really could care less when a jailbreak comes out. I do however need the jailbreak on my iPad as I do more work on it and rely on the tweaks.
    As apple incorporates more jailbreak features into their firmware it becomes less of a necessity.
    I also read something about jail breaking tablets was now illegal. If that's true, whos gonna publicly release it.

Thanks

Yep makes sense, I'm not even jailbroken anymore..

Thanks

I did a restore the other night and was on 6.0.1 for about a 1/2 hour... It was weird to not be Jailbroken even for those thirty minutes... Downgraded back to where I was before the restore (5.1.1) and was relieved to not be on a stock iPhone... Jail-breaking is a passion, hobby, and almost a necessity for me... I would hate to be stuck without a jailbreak... I was only on a stock iPhone for 3 months one time because I upgraded to 3.0... I didn't know about jail-breaking yet and I didn't know then the power of jailbreak tweaks and utilities... My girl just got an iPad mini with wi fi only and I was stoked that she didn't get a data one cause we just got mywi from Cydia for $20 so we could tether it to our phones... Being Jailbroken saved us a ton of money compared to paying for tethering every month or paying for a data plan... There must be at least 20 Jailbroken tweaks and mods that I wouldn't want to live without... I get people asking me all the time how I changed my font, keyboard and dock and I tell em you gotta jailbreak... Then I show them messages+, SB settings, swipe nav, activator and some others just for starters and they trip out... People were stoked when notification center was introduced to the iOS, I laughed because I had a notification center for almost two years already... Jailbreak!

Livin the iPhone Life steve-z17's Avatar
    Thanks

I'm sure when I JB is released those numbers will change. I also think a small factor is that Apple is adding more features to the iPhone so some people don't need to JB.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Firewall IP - Why is this not at the top of everyone's list? You should see what "legitimate" apps are hauling off your iDevice.
    PMP - ditto to above (device id, contacts, sms, music collection, location) and not just sending it to themselves either.
    iBlacklist - people firewall (just because I have a phone it doesn't mean I want you to ring it all the time).

To quote a famous poet name DMX "What is it you want from a n199a?!"

PS Stock iDevices are laaaaaaame...

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Cadexpt View Post
    I jailbreak my devices to customize the device to better suit my needs. I am against pirating software 100%. Developers deserve to be paid for their work. My favorite jailbreak apps are infinidock, CyDelete, Display Out, Gridlock, icon renamer, IntelliScreen X, SBSettings & Springtomizer 2.
    This is apart of life. Many music artist are very talented and the same things happen to them as well as the record company that promotes them. I feel bad about it but it is nothing we can do about it.

Thanks

I'm a bit disappointed in modmyI these days. I don't feel like it's the hacker friendly place it used to be. This article straight says the only reason any of use jailbreak is so we can steal apps. WTF?!? Then fails to acknowledge even the possibility that it may be because the biggest selling devices of the last 6 months are basically incapable of being jailbroken (most commenters have noticed that too) - an obvious reason for these numbers but ignored. If I wanted to be ignorantly chastised I'd head on over to a mainstream media site. sadness.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Definitely need Bitesms and jailbreak tweak where you can double tap and you lock your phone down ..I forgot the name

Thanks

Just give me springtomize and I'll give up my jailbreak. Springtomize is the real reason to jailbreak...

Green Apple
    Thanks

Can't wait for the iPhone 5 jailbreak!!

Firewall IP
    IntelliScreen X
    iRealSMS
    Mail Enhancer Pro
    iFile
    Winterboard/Dreamboard

****. I can't wait.

szr
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Gaijinboy View Post
    Couldn't this simple be due to an influx of new devices, unbroken?

If this was given as a percentage of breakable devices, this would be a different story.
    This is exactly what I wanted to say. There are so many iPhone 5 devices on the market, as well as 4S handsets running iOS 6, that are currently unable to be jail-broken. It would indeed be nice to see a statistic that only includes devices that can be jail-broken (and perhaps a separate one for just devices that can untethered as well), as it would very likely yield much different results, just as you said above.

Thanks

I miss RemoveBG with Activator. Having to remove the background manually sucks!!

*T*
    Thanks

No mod edit there is no untethered jailbreak yet
    Last edited by 2k1; 11-27-2012 at 11:44 AM.

Thanks

I jailbreak my phone for the apps and tweaks that the iOS developers for whatever reason have not implemented yet. I love my WinterBoard, iBlacklist (a must have can filter my calls and text and it can auto reply a custom message for each of your contacts) and iRealsms.I could on but that is the top 3.

Thanks

This article presumes that jailbreak = pirate. I am always first to jailbreak, last to pirate.
    Last edited by Shigoroku; 01-24-2013 at 05:43 PM.

Thanks
    Uhhh... It's not as easy as it used to be?
    The Dev team has not mastered A5 yet. Which sucks. And by the time they figure it out, Apple just releases a new update. Totally blows. I miss my Jailbroken device so so much.