+ Reply
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 22

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.


Thread: New Report Labels Apple "Most Innovative" Company for the Third Year in a Row

is a discussion within the

Mac News

forums, a part of the

General Apple/Mac

section;
The global management consulting firm, Booz & Co., recently named Apple the world’s most innovative company for the third year in a row. According to the report, Apple spent less
...
  1. #1
    MMi Staff Writer Akshay Masand's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    New York City
    Posts
    3,611
    Thanks
    3
    Thanked 116 Times in 102 Posts

    Default New Report Labels Apple "Most Innovative" Company for the Third Year in a Row


    The global management consulting firm, Booz & Co., recently named Apple the world’s most innovative company for the third year in a row. According to the report, Apple spent less than its rivals on research and development but still managed to trump companies such as Amazon, Google, and IBM because of the way it invested its money. The following quote sums up the gist of the report:

    ...it is not how much companies spend on research and development that determines success - what really matters is how those R&D funds are invested in talent, process and tools.
    The Cupertino California company managed to keep its top spot over Google, which came in second place, and 3M which came in third place – both of which also defended their spots successfully for the third year in a row as well. One of the few companies that also managed to make a large improvement in terms of innovation according to the management consulting firm was Apple’s rival, Samsung. The South Korean electronics giant climbed from the ninth spot in 2010, to the seventh in 2011, and finally to the fourth this year.

    Those of you who are keen on learning more about Booz and Co.’s 2012 Global Innovation 1000 study, you can do so on the firm’s website. The report is also available to download (in PDF format) and you can also watch a video discussion of the results from the study’s authors while browsing through other relevant material.

    Source: Booz & Co. via CNN

    Twitter: @AkshayMasand

  2. #2
    iPhone? More like MyPhone rockyseay's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Tucson, Arizona
    Posts
    221
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 21 Times in 16 Posts

    They judge innovation completely different than I do.

  3. #3
    iPhoneaholic AKCHRIS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Anchorage, Alaska, United States
    Posts
    465
    Thanks
    22
    Thanked 14 Times in 12 Posts

    [FONT=Verdana]IDK..I mean i'm & Apple Fanatic and i own a iPad3,iPhone5,& iMac 21.5/w intel i5. I don't see any new innovation SO far, other then the Fusion Drive, which i have to admit it pretty impressive. The New iMac line up isn't TOO bad; i guess thin is in, and from these new line ups looks nice, BUT..I'm going to buy one because for the same price i get & extra 500GBs & 2 thunderports, makes it ALL worth the upgrade. When i bought mine i paid for 21.5-inch starting at $1299; So basically the same price but with more options.So it makes sense for me./FONT]

  4. #4
    iPhoneaholic MXCO's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Seattle
    Posts
    418
    Thanks
    8
    Thanked 34 Times in 30 Posts

    I don't see it either but I sure do like apple products don't mean it's the most innovative company due to the fact that iPhone 5 is everything of an S3 just short on a lot of things.
    "You may say I'm a dreamer, but I'm not"

  5. #5
    Livin the iPhone Life KraXik's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Winchester, UK
    Posts
    2,622
    Thanks
    2,668
    Thanked 1,752 Times in 890 Posts

    Well there is no smartphone which is thinner or faster.

    They still make the best MP3 players.

    Fusion drive is stupidly fast.

    Yeah, I think they deserve it.

  6. #6
    iPhone? More like MyPhone Alluziion's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Wales, UK.
    Posts
    113
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 6 Times in 5 Posts

    I've always been a fan of Apple and their innovation but this past year I've been very disappointed and it pains me to say it - Microsoft, Samsung and Google on course to surpass Apple very soon computer/gadget industry. Maybe it's because of the absence of Steve Jobs or maybe it's a result of their arrogance misleading them into thinking that they don't need to innovate. I really do hope that they return to their innovative roots soon because the only think that is maintaining my loyalty at the moment is my respect for their history, growth and product reliability and quality; although I'm disappointed with the number of faults with iOS 6 and iPhone 5, I don't think Steve would have ever let such an unfinished product reach the market.

  7. #7
    My iPhone is a Part of Me Feanor64's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Louisiana
    Posts
    609
    Thanks
    834
    Thanked 447 Times in 234 Posts

    Too bad the jailbreak community isn't a company....

  8. #8
    Livin the iPhone Life
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    1,087
    Thanks
    46
    Thanked 35 Times in 29 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by MXCO View Post
    I don't see it either but I sure do like apple products don't mean it's the most innovative company due to the fact that iPhone 5 is everything of an S3 just short on a lot of things.
    Hardware means nothing when it takes a year for software to become up to date

    My uncle who works at Samsung has told me how infuriating it is to work with android because updates have to go through androids beta testing THEN samsungs beta testing etc. before it can come to the devices. However iOS comes straight from apple and can be updated immediately

  9. #9
    King Theme-aling subywrex's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    2,634
    Thanks
    334
    Thanked 3,852 Times in 883 Posts

    I beleive it!! People think innovation is only on the outside. Apple thinks outside the box in designing precision products that manage everyday tasks the best.

    Everyone wants to call other companies innovative because they stick a full OS in a tablet. Sorry everyone but that has been out for a long time. Apple takes a product and streamlines it.

    Ya ya I know I'm just a fan boy but, don't see how liking a company that produces product after product that sets the bar for form factor, and usability.

    With out apple products would not have the high quality screens, the ultra thin devices and stream lined designs. But just my opinion.

  10. #10
    Green Apple amanda87's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    39
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 2 Times in 1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Alluziion View Post
    I've always been a fan of Apple and their innovation but this past year I've been very disappointed and it pains me to say it - Microsoft, Samsung and Google on course to surpass Apple very soon computer/gadget industry. Maybe it's because of the absence of Steve Jobs or maybe it's a result of their arrogance misleading them into thinking that they don't need to innovate. I really do hope that they return to their innovative roots soon because the only think that is maintaining my loyalty at the moment is my respect for their history, growth and product reliability and quality; although I'm disappointed with the number of faults with iOS 6 and iPhone 5, I don't think Steve would have ever let such an unfinished product reach the market.
    I seriously respect Apple. But I second that Microsoft, Samsung will be going to surpass Apple pretty soon.

  11. #11
    iPhone? More like MyPhone Slim J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Georgia
    Posts
    134
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 8 Times in 6 Posts

    Innovative to Apple means steal the idea and claim it is their own idea

  12. #12
    My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    642
    Thanks
    2
    Thanked 88 Times in 70 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by Slim J View Post
    Innovative to Apple means steal the idea and claim it is their own idea
    Yeah they stole those retina display MacBooks from just about every other company that was doing the same exact things before apple, which is none.

  13. #13
    King Theme-aling subywrex's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    2,634
    Thanks
    334
    Thanked 3,852 Times in 883 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by Scotty Manley Silberhorn View Post
    Yeah they stole those retina display MacBooks from just about every other company that was doing the same exact things before apple, which is none.
    Lol. I guess apple also stole the retina display for iPhones from another phone company too.

    Lmao. People think innovation is putting existing technology in something. Ie the surface. People say its so innovative. There have been tablets that run windows for a long time.

    Also apple was the first to actually make a successful tablet in form and function. I guess that isn't innovative either lol.

  14. #14
    Green Apple blueaviator's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    46
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 4 Times in 4 Posts

    I think that "3 years in a row" is not fair. The reason being that updating a phone or an iPad every year, doesn't make inovative. Inovation means exactly it...inovation...not refreshment of what actually exists... Putting a new chip, whatever else, is not innovative... Making something new, remarkable, changing the way we do things...that's innovative... Don't take me wrong, Iam a huge Apple addict, with a bunch of Apple products, but they are not inovating... They are just improving what currently exists... iPhone was innovative, iPad was... the iPad! From then on, it has been just updating, not inovating...

  15. #15
    What's Jailbreak?
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    oz mate
    Posts
    2
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    how can that be they running the same ****

  16. #16
    King Theme-aling subywrex's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    2,634
    Thanks
    334
    Thanked 3,852 Times in 883 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by blueaviator View Post
    I think that "3 years in a row" is not fair. The reason being that updating a phone or an iPad every year, doesn't make inovative. Inovation means exactly it...inovation...not refreshment of what actually exists... Putting a new chip, whatever else, is not innovative... Making something new, remarkable, changing the way we do things...that's innovative... Don't take me wrong, Iam a huge Apple addict, with a bunch of Apple products, but they are not inovating... They are just improving what currently exists... iPhone was innovative, iPad was... the iPad! From then on, it has been just updating, not inovating...
    I see what you mean but look at where phone and devices are today. Everything that is standard and expected, apple was the first. And I say that loosely, because I'm not dumb enough to realize they didn't innovate everything.

    But if you look at what people expect in a device, it's because apple pushed it.

  17. #17
    Green Apple decoy88's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    35
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Is anyone as sick of this word "innovation" as much as I am?

    Apple's most innovative action was its marketing. Tell enough people that your 'innovative' enough times, all the time. Soon enough people keep using that word to describe you whether its true or not.

    Check Lil' Wayne and his "Best Rapper Alive" claim.
    Last edited by decoy88; 11-11-2012 at 05:34 AM.

  18. #18
    Green Apple
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    77
    Thanks
    6
    Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Scotty Manley Silberhorn View Post
    Yeah they stole those retina display MacBooks from just about every other company that was doing the same exact things before apple, which is none.
    Don't forget about the MacBook Air concept that they ripped off from Intel and their inspiration of those "innovative" UltraBooks. Oh wait...

  19. #19
    Green Apple
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    35
    Thanks
    2
    Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by TechnoUniversity View Post
    They judge innovation completely different than I do.
    Agreed X10

    The iPhone has become boring...

  20. #20
    iPhone? More like MyPhone Ozzie5374's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Country South Australia
    Posts
    191
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 4 Times in 4 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by TechnoUniversity View Post
    They judge innovation completely different than I do.
    Yes, I agree. But "Booz & Co"? WTF? Alcoholics?

    Quote Originally Posted by subywrex View Post
    I beleive it!! People think innovation is only on the outside. Apple thinks outside the box in designing precision products that manage everyday tasks the best.

    Everyone wants to call other companies innovative because they stick a full OS in a tablet. Sorry everyone but that has been out for a long time. Apple takes a product and streamlines it.

    Ya ya I know I'm just a fan boy but, don't see how liking a company that produces product after product that sets the bar for form factor, and usability.

    With out apple products would not have the high quality screens, the ultra thin devices and stream lined designs. But just my opinion.
    I think Apple have been screwing up over the past 18-24 months & the other companies catching up if not passing by. What other company builds a phone that then gives out rubber bands for coz of signal issues? I'm sick of all the OS updates, inheritantly beta versions. They need to get things "right" not "fast" for marketing purposes. Now I see issues with iphone 5 "swiping".
    I'm sorry but I see other products now with that wow factor and Apple playing catchup. iPad mini? Look at Samsung & Google products. My wife's Sony Ericsson Experia has an amazing screen and amazing 8mp camera. And that's a 2011 phone! Maybe this is why I'm still on iphone 4 & haven't bothered to upgrade. Don't get me wrong. I love the glass and alloy. The wow factor is there every time I use the iMac and trackpad but their phones have lost it.
    Last edited by Ozzie5374; 11-11-2012 at 11:56 AM.

Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts