+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Apple Adds Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1 and Android 4.1 OS to Ongoing Lawsuit

is a discussion within the

Mac News

forums, a part of the

General Apple/Mac

section;
    Thanks

Default Apple Adds Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1 and Android 4.1 OS to Ongoing Lawsuit

Apple recently argued that Samsung’s Galaxy Tab 10.1 tablet along with the Android 4.1 operating system (dubbed Jelly Bean) should be included in the ongoing patent infringement case between the two companies. According to Bloomberg, U.S. Magistrate Judge Paul S. Grewal was the one to hear Apple’s arguments at the District Court for the Northern District of California, where the Cupertino California company alleged that the Galaxy Tab 10.1 and Android 4.1 both infringe on certain patents and should therefore be added to the ongoing lawsuit.

The assertions against Samsung’s tablet are nothing new, though the addition of Jelly Bean could represent a direct attack on Google’s mobile operating system, something that is a first for Apple. This move could possibly open the door to a legitimate court battle between the world’s two most popular mobile operating systems.

Samsung’s Galaxy S III and the Galaxy Note were both previously added to the pending case. In retaliation to the move, Samsung also supplemented its position and added the iPhone 5 its series of complaints, which are based on Apple’s alleged violation of UMTS wireless patents used in its iOS devices.

It should be noted that this case is different from the previous landmark Apple vs. Samsung trial that ended with a $1.05 billion Apple win. This separate case has yet to go to trial and from the looks of it, is scheduled to do so in 2014.

Source: Bloomberg

Twitter: @AkshayMasand

Thanks

Apple. Stahp.

Banned
    Thanks

Samsung don't own Android so thats stupid suing Samsung for using Android 4.1. Google own Android so shouldn't they be suing Google?

Apple REALLY need to grow up and learn how to play fair before it bites them in the *****. Sooner or later all their fans will hate them and the courts will turn the lawsuits around and fine Apple instead.
    I was liking their devices when they are jailbroken but now my iPad3 sucks as its stuck on ios6. I'm NOT going to buy another Apple device as its not getting better its getting worse if you ask me. Just coz its got newer parts doesn't mean its getting better. Look at Apple maps, IOS6, iPhone 5, need I say more....

Green Apple
    Thanks

Wow, apple needs to be banned from court rooms. Including the tab and 17 other devices that could be used with a stylus? When Steve jobs himself said "who needs a stylus?". I can only hope justice gets served against apple and a punishment with a severity that they deserve. They lose left and right in other countries, that should say something to the US courts.

Green Apple
    Thanks

I just bought the Motorola Atrix HD and it's supposedly scheduled for a Jelly Bean update. Apple better not screw that up!

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

man im starting to hate apple..the iphone 4 was probably their best product..their products lately has been really lacking..android os is much better than apple os now..how do you expect people not to get bored of the same old OS..

iPhone? More like MyPhone hapishyguy's Avatar
    Thanks

Paul.S Grewal, an Indian Punajbi guy... hm!!!! hopefully he not like other decision makers who are incined towards Apple.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by NakedFaerie View Post
    Samsung don't own Android so thats stupid suing Samsung for using Android 4.1. Google own Android so shouldn't they be suing Google?

Apple REALLY need to grow up and learn how to play fair before it bites them in the *****. Sooner or later all their fans will hate them and the courts will turn the lawsuits around and fine Apple instead.
    I was liking their devices when they are jailbroken but now my iPad3 sucks as its stuck on ios6. I'm NOT going to buy another Apple device as its not getting better its getting worse if you ask me. Just coz its got newer parts doesn't mean its getting better. Look at Apple maps, IOS6, iPhone 5, need I say more....
    But Android is open source and it was Samsung's choice to compile the code for its device and add its drivers and features

Thanks

Samsung is the biggest threat to apple so no wonder!!

iPhone? More like MyPhone Painkiller006's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by trh2086 View Post
    I just bought the Motorola Atrix HD and it's supposedly scheduled for a Jelly Bean update. Apple better not screw that up!
    Should of gotten a Nexus

Green Apple
    Thanks

No you don't, but no doubt you will

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Umm, all I have to say is really Samsung?

This one I can understand Apple going to court over, it makes sense....actually, no, it would make more sense for Samsung to back down on this one.

Banned
    Thanks

apple is suing over the use of a stylus !!! are you FKing kidding me?

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Apple do not care about Android.
    Apple's whole intention is to stop competitor's product from reaching the market, which means Samsung/HTC/Motorola/etc.